Excuse Me, But Your CCW.....Isnt - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me, But Your CCW.....Isnt

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Politely let them know it was showing if in a CC only state. No need for them to get hasseled by the store or cops.
    +1, ONLY under the conditions highlighted. In Washington, I'm minding my own business.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    I'd yell at the top of my lungs "GUN, GUN, GUN!".

Then I'd show him my nickle plated CWP badge, place him under citizens arrest and hold him at gunpoint until the police arrive.
    I hope you are joking.

If not you will need a better reason then I saw a gun and decided to flash a badge at him and place him under citizens arrest and hold him at gun point till the cops show up. For when they do get there they will be leaving with you in the backseat.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I hope you are joking.

If not you will need a better reason then I saw a gun and decided to flash a badge at him and place him under citizens arrest and hold him at gun point till the cops show up. For when they do get there they will be leaving with you in the backseat.
    Why? According to the liberal politicians, Brady Campaign, Violence Policy Center and Department of Homeland Security he would only be doing his civic duty that any responsible citizen should do... ESPECIALLY in WALMART!

Walmartstores.com: Walmart Partners with U.S. Department of Homeland Security in "If You See Something, Say Something"

After all, the guy might just be a terrorist disguised as a law abiding citizen who believes in the US Constitution, especially the 2nd and 4th amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I hope you are joking.
    I was hoping the same thing. Doesn't anyone mind their own damn business anymore? As long as it's not affecting me why say anything?

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    I was hoping the same thing. Doesn't anyone mind their own damn business anymore? As long as it's not affecting me why say anything?
    Assuming the guy isn't clearly OCing he may be in for a ration from someone else or the management. That would be a reason to mention it although I'd MYOB
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I wouldn't tell them. "Your CCW is showing" because then they would be all like, "It's called open carry, it's supposed to show. Then I would have to be all like, "Your a jerk, I'm calling the cops". Then he would be all like, "Go ahead, have a nice day". Then I would be all like "F U, I hope the JBT's stomp your stupid head in".

OMG.
    Seriously though. I'd leave them alone. If it's showing they are open carrying. I'm sure they don't need some busy body running up and telling them what to do with their pistol.
    If you open carry in the local Walmart here, you could be explaining to a cop. Not all states allow open carry. You might be from out of state and not realise that you can't open carry here. Would you rather me politely let you know it was showing or would you rather possibly talk to the police? There are people who freakout if they see a MWG and would call the cops. Please note that I did say CC only state in my reply. In states that allow open carry, who cares?

In MN it's either. If I saw someone who I'm pretty sure who was trying to keep it under wraps I would walk up introduce myself, shake hands. Then inform them.

Seems an easy answer for me

I'd approach the person and quietly say something like - wow nice, is it a 45 or a 40?

If he is open carrying he will most likely smile and say thanks yes it's a _____.

If he was conceal carrying he will cover up and quietly say thanks.

Problem solved, you just made a new friend either way.

Chap

10. Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    I'd yell at the top of my lungs "GUN, GUN, GUN!".

Then I'd show him my nickle plated CWP badge, place him under citizens arrest and hold him at gunpoint until the police arrive.
    I'll show you mine, if you show me yours....

One of the basic principles my instructors have always impressed upon me is avoidance. If you see a situation that CAN be avoided, DO SO, especially if your interference has a chance of making the situation worse. In a case like the OP described, I'd have no idea if the person was carrying legally or not. I'd have no clue as to their mental state or intent. At that moment, it's just a guy shopping and he happens to be carrying a (poorly) concealed firearm. My intervention COULD change the dynamics present here in a very bad way. But, the guy COULD just thank me for my help and adjust his garment.

In short, not worth the risk of turning a non-situation into a situation. Let it be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast