Excuse Me, But Your CCW.....Isnt - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me, But Your CCW.....Isnt

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Whistle View Post
    One of the basic principles my instructors have always impressed upon me is avoidance. If you see a situation that CAN be avoided, DO SO, especially if your interference has a chance of making the situation worse. In a case like the OP described, I'd have no idea if the person was carrying legally or not. I'd have no clue as to their mental state or intent. At that moment, it's just a guy shopping and he happens to be carrying a (poorly) concealed firearm. My intervention COULD change the dynamics present here in a very bad way. But, the guy COULD just thank me for my help and adjust his garment.

In short, not worth the risk of turning a non-situation into a situation. Let it be.
    i agree. and i wonder why all the stuff seems to happen at wall mart. by the way i do alot of my shopping there.

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    i agree. and i wonder why all the stuff seems to happen at wall mart. by the way i do alot of my shopping there.
    800lb gorilla principle. It's not that a lot happens at Wal-Mart specifically, it's that there are so damn many Wal-Marts, when something happens, Wal-Mart has a larger chance of playing host. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    I'd approach the person and quietly say something like - wow nice, is it a 45 or a 40?

If he is open carrying he will most likely smile and say thanks yes it's a _____.

If he was conceal carrying he will cover up and quietly say thanks.

Problem solved, you just made a new friend either way.

Chap
    Best suggestion of the day...unusually reasonable for the subject.

Thanks.

People OC in Walmarts all the time where I live. Nobody really cares and you don't need a permit to do so either. None of my business.

The OP's question was on concealed carry and not open carry. If I noticed someone that was grossly printing or fully exposed there would need to be some mental decision making before I approached him/her. Your brain would need to take in as many details about them to make the best decision possible. One person you might just walk away from while another you might go up to and quitely say, "you're showing" with a nod towards the firearm. Lots of other factors, are you with your family? Are they? If I was with my family, I would probably not say anything at all, to anyone. But I would certainly appreciate it if someone let me know if I got careless.

Quote Originally Posted by PHATSPEED7X View Post
    In MN it's either. If I saw someone who I'm pretty sure who was trying to keep it under wraps I would walk up introduce myself, shake hands. Then inform them.
    The beauty of MN! haha.....

8. I've seen it happen a couple times and I handled it like I would if I was telling someone that their fly was unzipped (quiet and friendly-like but a bit embarrassed to have to mention it) and threw in a comment about not wanting to scare they hysterical types that may be wandering around nearby. Both times they were appreciative and a bit embarrassed- like they had been walking around with their fly open.

9. AR is concealed only - quietly tell them their hardware is showing

AR is concealed only - quietly tell them their hardware is showing

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    I'd approach the person and quietly say something like - wow nice, is it a 45 or a 40?

If he is open carrying he will most likely smile and say thanks yes it's a _____.

If he was conceal carrying he will cover up and quietly say thanks.

Problem solved, you just made a new friend either way.

Chap
    My wife and I have both used this approch before, has work very well, and got a nice shooting parder from it once, .........on the other hand if, a stranger came up to me, while I was keeping to my own buisness, and flashed a badge and he was not a bona fide LEO of some sort, off duty, detective, mall ninja or whatever, I mean just a reg dude and pulls his weapon, and starts barking ordering me to the ground, he dam well better pull his trigger......before I do mine, .........I don't walk anywhere with my hands in my pockets for nothing..........

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    I'd yell at the top of my lungs "GUN, GUN, GUN!".

Then I'd show him my nickle plated CWP badge, place him under citizens arrest and hold him at gunpoint until the police arrive.
    Why would you want to do that to him? Would you want people to do that to you, not knowing that you carry legally? I certainly would not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast