Excuse Me, But Your CCW.....Isnt
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Excuse Me, But Your CCW.....Isnt

Excuse Me, But Your CCW.....Isnt

This came up in another forum thought I'd ask the same question here. Given situation: You're in Wal-Wart ( why does all the good stuff happen at Wal-Mart?) and you notice that a fellow shopper's cover garmet has slipped or their CCW is otherwise exposed. This is a complete stranger. Would you approach them? How would you react if you were so approached? The thread I originally read this from offers the option of asking for the persons CHP( yeah, right.....NOT!) or dialing 911.I personally see those as ridiculous options, so I chose not to include them. personally I wouldn't involve myself, because I know how I'd react if I complete stranger walked up to me out of no where and started talking about my gun. What's your opinion?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Politely let them know it was showing if in a CC only state. No need for them to get hasseled by the store or cops.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Politely let them know it was showing if in a CC only state. No need for them to get hasseled by the store or cops.
    Totally agree. I'd hope someone would do the same for me, should I become that lax.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

I wouldn't tell them. "Your CCW is showing" because then they would be all like, "It's called open carry, it's supposed to show. Then I would have to be all like, "Your a jerk, I'm calling the cops". Then he would be all like, "Go ahead, have a nice day". Then I would be all like "F U, I hope the JBT's stomp your stupid head in".

OMG.
    Seriously though. I'd leave them alone. If it's showing they are open carrying. I'm sure they don't need some busy body running up and telling them what to do with their pistol.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Standback and watch, he may be an undercover cop, a ninja mall cop or a bad guy with an attitude.

I agree with Beau. Here in TN, you can carry concealed OR open with a HCP (Handgun Carry Permit), and it is no ones business but a certified peace officer if I have a permit or not, so anyone else walking up and asking me to see my permit, is simply SOL.

I'd yell at the top of my lungs "GUN, GUN, GUN!".

Then I'd show him my nickle plated CWP badge, place him under citizens arrest and hold him at gunpoint until the police arrive.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

9. It should be relatively easy to tell if the person's *intent* is to conceal or open carry. If the person is intending to conceal and, unknown to them, is not - I would politely tell them, and attract as little attention to the situation as possible while doing it.

Tell them no need to ask for ID or permit.

Quote Originally Posted by stackrat View Post
    It should be relatively easy to tell if the person's *intent* is to conceal or open carry. If the person is intending to conceal and, unknown to them, is not - I would politely tell them, and attract as little attention to the situation as possible while doing it.
    How do you determine their intent? I don't always tuck my shirt in but I will tuck my shirt behind my pistol.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast