Does this make the "victim" the "criminal"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this make the "victim" the "criminal"?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Seriously, not all situations require you to discharge your firearm. You will have to explain your actions to the police. One possible outcome could be that the thug attempting to rob you sees you go for your weapon stops the attack and starts to run away. Are you going to shoot him in the back as he retreats? Yes, he probably has it coming for choosing such a dangerous line of work but at this point he is no longer a threat. And that's what you want, to stop the threat.

There are many instances where this could go against you and you would receive matching bracelets as a consolation prize. Granted there is no such thing as a "textbook" mugging. Encounters are dynamic and have many variables which is why we train and then train some more. Some people train only to shoot but I think training when not to shoot is important too.

There have been many cases where the would be victim was charged for a questionable shoot. I don't want to be that guy.
    I agree with you 100%. If I have time to warn the bg that I have a firearm, or the act of going for a firearm, or actually drawing and aiming deters the him, I'm all for not shooting. I agree there are many variables that will come into that split second decision to pull the trigger or not. I don't want to kill anyone, especially in todays society where it could be twisted and as you mentioned, get charged for a "questionable shoot." What I'm saying, and I'm sure all those who frequent this site would agree, if you have purchased a firearm for personal protection and taken the course to legally conceal carry, you better be willing to pull the trigger to save your life or the lives of your family. Before we had kids, my wife said she would never shoot someone. She said she would rather die than to kill someone else. Now that we have kids, she says that has changed and she would shoot anyone, in a heartbeat, who tried to harm one of our children. I guess that's what I was getting at with my last post; I wouldn't ask my wife to conceal carry, regardless of where we lived or where she was going, if she wasn't willing to pull the trigger. Most bg's would probably run at the sight of a gun but for the ones who won't, an armed citzen with a gun who won't pull the trigger is just adding an extra weapon to an already dangerous to the situation.
    Double Tap: If they're worth shooting once, their worth shooting twice...or even more!

That's the real "key"! If you are determined enough to have a weapon to protect yourself, you had BEST be prepared to back up your "show of force".

My wife was the first to suggest we get CC permits. I asked her up front if she would be willing to use it. No problem with her. (She's an ex-Marine, too.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. GUYS IT'S a Joke But I lOVE it.
    Now we would not do that but Dang It sounds good and then We could ask God to get him too ya know like rain on him everywhere he go's, Flat tire when he is out in the boondocks stuff like that.

This came out once before (don't remember if it was here or on another site) and people flipped out because the guy was carrying a brand-new pistol that he had never fired as a CCW.

Taking the knife, cell phone and shoes is probably defensible. Using his Credit Card, taking his wallet and damaging private property obviously isn't.

That said, it was meant as a joke and it is pretty funny.

Love it very funny, not true as stated but funny. It's nice to dream.

PS: Having been on the receiving end of a robbery many years ago in a dry cleaners (not funny) this made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    That's the real "key"! If you are determined enough to have a weapon to protect yourself, you had BEST be prepared to back up your "show of force".

My wife was the first to suggest we get CC permits. I asked her up front if she would be willing to use it. No problem with her. (She's an ex-Marine, too.)
    GG
    You mean "former" Marine, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12