My first scary experience - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My first scary experience

Like the rest, call 911 and head toward the nearest police location.

I do have an advantage though. I drive a 3500 Chevy dualie. It has already been hit in both the front and rear. Both cases did more damage to the other vehicle. Hidden under the hood is a Big Block so if speed is needed, that is available too.

I once saw a car run over a guy on a bike, I stopped asked the biker if he just got run over for sure, the car sped off...the police station was just a block away, I told him to go there make a statement. In the mean time I took off, followed the car with 911 on the line.

The car NEVER knew I was behind them. 5 mins later the cops had them I didn't CCW then, but my dad was a LEO in that city at the time.

So if you call they will dispatch a LEO to your location VERY quickly. Just stay on the line and keep updating your location and it won't be long.

Many, many years ago I was in a similar situation. The situation ended when the driver of the car following me pulled up along side of me and found himself looking down the barrel of my revolver.

He drove away then.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I never had this happened to me...yet, touch wood, I hope it doesn't happen to me but if it does, I'll know what to do now that we had this conversation here. Thanks guys!! Awareness is safety.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

6. I would have pulled over.

the thing that impresses me is that you stayed cool and did not use your gun. you apparently were ready to if given no choice but chose to avoid the confrontation. in my opinion this shows good judgment regarding when to use your gun. yes i would have tried to contact the police or driven to an lpolice station or gotten a licence but at the time we dont always think about these things. the important thing is you did think straight about using your gun. good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Many, many years ago I was in a similar situation. The situation ended when the driver of the car following me pulled up along side of me and found himself looking down the barrel of my revolver.

He drove away then.
    In the age of cell phones it would have been really easy for the guy who was following you to screw you over. Even though he was the agressor he could have called the police and told them that "some guy pulled along side and waived a revolver at me", and then tailed you to give them your location. You can guess the rest - his word against yours but you have the revolver in your car just like he said you would.....

A LEO that I know told me to never flash the weapon as a warning in a road-rage situation for this very reason. In addition to the short term headaches it could cause you, most DAs and judges do not regard somebody screaming at you while still inside their car as enough of a threat for you to legally brandish a firearm.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

I had this happen to a friend of mine. She tried to lose the guy but made a turn and got blocked in traffic. The pursuer got out and head to her car. She pulled her 1911 up where he could see it before getting beside her door and changed his mind and left. She then went to the police and reported it. She did not have her phone on her at the time.

911 is your friend......1911 is your best friend.
    Ruger LCP and Springfield XD-9 subcompact

In this day and age call 911, and be ready to defend yourself drive in a sane manner. Get License # many years ago had a bump robbery attempt hit from behind when BG jerked open passanger door, large dog mine (sleeping on seat) resolved the issue took me several minutes to get the dog back from chasing the BG'S pre cell phone.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast