My first scary experience - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My first scary experience

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    In the age of cell phones it would have been really easy for the guy who was following you to screw you over. Even though he was the agressor he could have called the police and told them that "some guy pulled along side and waived a revolver at me", and then tailed you to give them your location. You can guess the rest - his word against yours but you have the revolver in your car just he said you would.....
    Way, way pre cell phones.

A LEO that I know told me to never flash the weapon as a warning in a road-rage situation for this very reason. In addition to the short term headaches it could cause you, most DAs and judges do not regard somebody screaming at you while still inside their car as enough of a threat for you to legally brandish a firearm.
    The whole thing happened when I was young and dumb and I would have been screwed anyway because I was carrying illegally.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. This site has me wondering what kind of ******* are out there carrying. Unless you are a female pull over, if they come at you with a weapon you do the same. If they don't ,bring the knuckles. Don't ccw to make up for a lack of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarheadcool View Post
    This site has me wondering what kind of ******* are out there carrying. Unless you are a female pull over, if they come at you with a weapon you do the same. If they don't ,bring the knuckles. Don't ccw to make up for a lack of balls.
    Jarheadcool, it should not be about having balls ! A conceal carry holder should ALWAYS try and diffuse the situation (in this case by trying to get away, and calling the police / driving to the police station) Your gun should be your absolute last resort. If you pulled over and you ended up firing your weapon at your pursuer, you would probably be in even more trouble for pulling over and accused of looking for trouble by doing so. I am no pu$$y, I can say I would be able to use my gun if I had to to protect myself and my family or another person who's life is in danger, however I would try to "diffuse" the situation and use my gun as a last option to avoid the legal ramifications, emotional distress, and everything that goes with it.

In North Carolina you can also call #HP for Highway Patrol. I was on the way to visit family last Thanksgiving and had a drunk or very sleepy driver in front of me swerving everywhere nearly running into a guard rail twice. I called #HP told them where I was, the vehicle description and the plates. Within 5 minutes there was a trooper pulling him over. Not a situation of self defense, but you get the idea.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jarheadcool View Post
    This site has me wondering what kind of ******* are out there carrying. Unless you are a female pull over, if they come at you with a weapon you do the same. If they don't ,bring the knuckles. Don't ccw to make up for a lack of balls.
    What do you think this is? The elementary school play ground? Grow up. This isn't one of the video games you play in your Mom's basement. Dead is permanent here. No extra lives, no restarts. And even if you live, you still may end up in prison for the rest of your life. That sound like fun to you? Keep running around thinking with your little head instead of the one on your shoulders and you'll probably get the chance to find out.

Pulling over is just looking for a confrontation. If I had pulled over any one of the 3 times folks tried to follow me home from work (probably wrongly assuming that we did night deposits), somebody would have died.

In summation:

Go talk **** about how big a hard ass you are to somebody dumb enough to believe you.

Yeah well, just recently we had a guy with "balls" but no brains do exactly what you're advocating. He's now dead. "Tough Guy" thought the guy behind him was driving too close so he jumped out of the car and confronted the other driver. The guy who shot him?? No charges - it was justified under Florida law because Mr. Balls reached into the shooter's vehicle. Bang bang, he's dead.

Man shot to death in Pompano Beach roadway - Sun Sentinel
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Go read the site rules:

Forum Rules and Etiquette

First warning.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by KCD1974 View Post
    Call 911 from the car and have the cops hook up with you....
    Absolutely agreed.

Good call (yes, pun was intended)

In the age of cell phones it would have been really easy for the guy who was following you to screw you over. Even though he was the agressor he could have called the police and told them that "some guy pulled along side and waived a revolver at me", and then tailed you to give them your location. You can guess the rest - his word against yours but you have the revolver in your car just like he said you would.....

A LEO that I know told me to never flash the weapon as a warning in a road-rage situation for this very reason. In addition to the short term headaches it could cause you, most DAs and judges do not regard somebody screaming at you while still inside their car as enough of a threat for you to legally brandish a firearm.
    I agree- never have the gun unholstered unless absolutely no other choice.

In every state Iíve ever been in what you describe would be considered mutual combat. You would be held 100% responsible for the outcome. Go ahead and carry w/ that attitude, you wonít be carrying (legally) long
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

11. ct1911guy,
    I think that you did just fine,,,, no one got hurt and that's what carrying concealed is all about. I feel that avoiding conflict at all cost is our #1 priority. If you are able to call 911, then do it, however, you don't always have the time or option. Putting distance between yourself and your pursuers is the best course of action to try and defuse the situation. I think that slowing down to keep them close so that you can try and call 911 is reckless and could possibly put you in a situation that most of us wouldn't want to be in. I carry everywhere and will use it as a last resort, but I don't want to have to, so I will do whatever I have to do so that I don't have to use it. If that includes running away and the bad guys getting away, so be it.
    It seems like there are a lot of Rambos' out there with a CCW license and that troubles me. They are either sociopathic or don't understand the power that is tucked in their holsters. I have had to shoot at people in my career, and believe me, no one who has had to do it for real will ever teach that you should stand and fight or aggravate the situation when there are other options.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast