Cross draw or same side
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross draw or same side

Cross draw or same side

I would like to know from those who have experince in the feild rather law enforement or any type of agency which is more reliable and practical in the concealed carry. And also members from this site. Just like some feedback on how you carry and why?

3. I like the cross draw because it's comfortable.

Does comfort out weigh ability and mobolity, and the time it takes to react?

5. I've got a Bianchi 105 size 13/15 that can be worn strong side or cross draw. (it'll also fit in my boot with my cw45 or cw9 or pm9, or pocket carry with my pm9, believe it or not! VERY versatile holster!) Very little cant enables that. I like wearing crossdraw but usually don't because I also wear my extra mag on that side and that side droops with that much weight on it. Room for both also becomes an issue. Otherwise, I like it.

Agree with part of jre comments. Holster goes both ways. I prefer cross--just do not like that holster "hitched" up on my waist strong-side where I have to get under my shirt and try to pull up and still have shirt in the way--just my opinion. This is a "to each his own" thing.

You asked for Law Enforcement comments, Which I am not..
    But Like others, I'll throw in my 2 cents.. Something to think about.

For me, it was as much about comfort and being able to conceal. How often do I carry? (everyday) How often do I pull? (Hopefully Never!)
    I don't live in the old west (I live in a reasonably nice area)..
    The chances of me pulling in the 1st place is slim.. THEN needing to pull fast in a draw, even less..
    I'll take my chances and go with what is MOST comfortable and ability to conceal, and have reasonable access to my weapon.
    I have chosen to wear a left hand holster at 4:30 (right handed) BECAUSE it conceals well and is comfortable for me.
    I understand there is a Sweep issue with my arrangement and I compensate for that in practice.
    IF I lived in Beirut or a bad part of town where shootings are common, I might choose differently..

Life is about choices.. Choose Wisely this day..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

8. Draw preference

I don't carry very often but when I do, I prefer cross draw. More comfortable and is easier for me to conceal. Strong side for cell phone. Lets be honest, I draw that much more frequently.

Practical concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericanGreed View Post
    I would like to know from those who have experince in the feild rather law enforement or any type of agency which is more reliable and practical in the concealed carry. And also members from this site. Just like some feedback on how you carry and why?
    I am not a LEO, but I do carry every day in an IWB custom holster at the 2:30 position. My shoulders are just wide enough for my shirt to hang naturally without the gun printing.

When I carry a larger weapon, I will wear a custom IWB holster in the 4:00-5:00 position as the bigger grip hides in the curve of my spine.

I find both positions very comfortable (could be the custom holsters), but I prefer the appendix position because I am typically bending and lifting and moving around a lot and if I bend over with the gun behind my hip, it will definitely print. Plus, lifting my cover garment with my weak hand while I get a grip on the gun with my strong hand feels like a very fluid movement.

I think that I originally tried the appendix position because of some of the ideas in this article: WARRIOR TALK NEWS - Appendix Carry - Comfortable, Concealable, Quickest

I don't know who the author is really (is he famous or just someone with their own two cents?), but many of the advantages that he listed make sense to me (protecting the gun from others, less motion when drawing, and how close your hands are to the gun when your hands are hanging naturally and loosely at your sides).

i carry strong side, when I carry where I can. I don't feel comfortable with a cross draw, and have always grown up with a strong side draw. I feel I can conceal best at 4-5 position I do have a large frame pistol, so I have never tried appendix carry, but it is something to try.

11. If you are driving, left side is easier access to the gun. If you are a passenger in a vehicle, right side is easier access. So, if you are in a vehicle a lot, you might want to think about that.

I would say whatever feels the most natural to you, be consistent, and practice with your consistent choice.

I am not LEO, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast