IWB holster choice Crossbreed v. Comp-Tac - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB holster choice Crossbreed v. Comp-Tac

Crossbreed is at 4-5 weeks now?

Just over a year ago mine took 6 days...

FYI, Mark says he will be posting a new "Blem List" at XDTalk (he owns that site) on Tuesday...they are minor blemishes that he sells for cash at a reduced price (usually about $40 for a ST) on a first come first served basis.

Doesn't take quite that long when ordering through MidwayUSA.
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Okay, I just ordered the CB STD in horse hide. I let them know that I was referred by USA Carry. The web site does say it can take up to 4 weeks for delivery. Hopefully, I will see the 5-6 day delivery that many of you have experienced. Thanks for all the feedback. I am looking forward to carrying my Glock 19 comfortably every day while I work and play.

Quote Originally Posted by ckaiser55 View Post
    Okay, I just ordered the CB STD in horse hide. I let them know that I was referred by USA Carry. The web site does say it can take up to 4 weeks for delivery. Hopefully, I will see the 5-6 day delivery that many of you have experienced. Thanks for all the feedback. I am looking forward to carrying my Glock 19 comfortably every day while I work and play.
    Awesome. I'm sure you'll love it. Let us know when you get it.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I have 2 CBST... love them. Plus they make ones for guns with the Crimson Trace laserguard attachment.

CBST Horsehide

Remember when it first comes in it will be super stiff. Wear it and work up a sweat cutting grass or something. That will help it mold to the body. I have both the Crossbreed and the MTAC. Don't put any type of treatment on the leather just let it age naturally.

Wearing the MTAC right now but may breakout the CB and strap it back on.
    In any situation I can: Say nothing..which is cowardly, Lie..which is immoral or tell the truth..which will upset people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike508 View Post
    Remember when it first comes in it will be super stiff. Wear it and work up a sweat cutting grass or something. That will help it mold to the body. I have both the Crossbreed and the MTAC. Don't put any type of treatment on the leather just let it age naturally.

Wearing the MTAC right now but may breakout the CB and strap it back on.
    I'm still looking at these and will invest one day. I'm used to using mink oil on all my leather products (boots, belts, hats, etc.) to protect them, are you suggesting not even this. I'm on a tight budget and would hate to mess one up by doing something wrong or not protecting it properly.

I ordered one last week for my XDm, cant wait to get it!!!

I found this post on xdtalk.com. It is from Mark Craighead. the owner of Crossbreed Holsters.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Your holster is made from a combination of cowhide or horsehide and a space age thermoplastic called kydex. To care for the leather portion of your holster, simply treat it once every four or five weeks with a good leather conditioner. Use a cream type product on the front side of the leather as some oil based conditioners may lift the dye. The kydex portion of your holster will simply need to be wiped down with a damp cloth as needed.

DO NOT use ANY oil based product on the front of a dyed holster, period.

Don't make more of the conditioning thing than it is, it's not that critical uness you are in a really dry climate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ride a morotcycle so I have alot of leather..jackets, chaps, gloves, etc but what I use is made especially for them. Conditioner and weather treatment. I have not put anything on either my Crossbreed or MTAC. At least not yet.

Hope this helps
    In any situation I can: Say nothing..which is cowardly, Lie..which is immoral or tell the truth..which will upset people.

In week four now and still waiting. I know the CrossBreed site says 3-4 weeks for delivery, so I am still within that range. Just getting anxious to get my new holster!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast