IWB holster choice Crossbreed v. Comp-Tac
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB holster choice Crossbreed v. Comp-Tac

IWB holster choice Crossbreed v. Comp-Tac

I have read some of the posts on other threads regarding IWB carry and the types of holsters. It seems the Crossbreed super tuck is a preferred choice. I don't want to wait 4-5 weeks for the Crossbreed. The Comp-Tac Minotaur looks very similar and seems to have the same adjustability. I recently started carrying my Glock 19 9mm concealed IWB in a crappy blackhawk holster. I need to upgrade soon. The Comp-Tac is available from an online dealer in 2-4 days. Am I losing anything by not waiting the 4-5 weeks for the Crossbreed product?

I love my Crossbreed holsters and think they are definitely worth the wait.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I've also been looking into these brands and have read good things about both. One of the things that I thing makes the Crossbreed more popular is price. I also think they are better advertised. What I liked about the Comp-Tac is that you can buy different bodies and trade them out.

I like my Comp-Tac Minotaur. It cost a bit more than the CBST but is very nicely made and finished. Doubt that you would go wrong either way.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

6. Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    I like my Comp-Tac Minotaur. It cost a bit more than the CBST but is very nicely made and finished. Doubt that you would go wrong either way.
    Love both of my minotaurs. One for G19 & G26 and one for me PM9.

I have both. As I recall, had them both within about a week after putting in the order. Oh and Comtec sends smarties with theirs.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I have both. As I recall, had them both within about a week after putting in the order. Oh and Comtec sends smarties with theirs.
    So, which do you like better, not considering the Smarties?
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

I like them both. But if I had to pick, the cross breed is horse hide, softer on the skin, the comp-tac is cow hide, this can irritate the skin.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will order a Crossbreed horse hide as my genetics have blessed me with sweating like a whore in church. From my research, horse hide seems to handle the sweat a little better then cow hide.

Quote Originally Posted by ckaiser55 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will order a Crossbreed horse hide as my genetics have blessed me with sweating like a whore in church. From my research, horse hide seems to handle the sweat a little better then cow hide.
    I have a horse hide from crossbreed and use it quite often. When you order let them know USA Carry sent ya!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast