A Sheep Dog's Prayer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Sheep Dog's Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Pit Bulls is more like it.
    Actually the wrestler known as "The British Bulldog Davey-boy Smith" passed away a few years ago. I think it was steroid related.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I read this on defensivecarry.com it was originally posted here ,

Dr. Kevin Keough: The Sheepdog's Prayer

It so caught the spirit of the sheep dog (which Iím sure some of you know defensivecarry.com personifies) that I just had to share it here. Enjoy
    Aren't you the same poster who recently posted a thread asking everyone to put the "sheepdog" concept to rest?

4. WOW I was going to leave a small remark but you guys are doing great!!
    sheepdogs!! man how about just people who want to protect themself and their love ones who take carrying a weapon very carefully and use it with extreme care. why do they want to call and make a gang of weapon carryers who think they have to protect the world. guys thats the police and the armed forces job.
    leos fear that kind of thinking, me too. don't pull your gun cause someone shoplifted a twinky or bag of goobers. or cut in line at the candy store. you don't have that right. carry your license and your ccw card and no badges and don't let anyone see your gun don't brag or flash your gun to the ladys or let the guy at the gas station next to you who looked at your girl and you want to put him in his place. cause your wrong. it should not be seen till your in danger not to impress someone. I carryed a gun in washington state
    for years and noone knew I carryed not my friends or some girls I went out with. but if your attacked then that what it's for. not cause some drunk said something to your girl as you passed him. just keep walking and let it go. you pull a gun on a drunk he is going to cause a scene and you are at the heart of the problem. you and your gun. you made a small thing go way out of control, you could have walk away and he would not remember it in the morning. Now you end up shooting him and killing him. good job. you took a life
    of a drunk. something you can be proud of in prison. and some other guy will be dating your old girlfriend.
    while you date billybob. Now think before you act. can you walk away with out getting hurt do it walk away.
    your life is not in danger if you can walk away. your pride is not worth someone's life. even if they are drunk loud and dumb. no one should know if you have a gun till your pulling the trigger, and if the sight of your gun stops the action you were going to shoot for don't shoot. most of the things I saw people get killed for, were for hurting someones pride. A big guy steps on a little guy's foot and gets shot.
    say something to a women and get shot by her boyfriend. sheepdogs don't defend me I can do that by myself.
    we need to stand together to save our rights but people stop this us and them. We the people demand our right for selfdefence but not to be gunslingers. even non gun carryers have rights not to be scared of us.
    that sheepdogs stuff scares me. just be a adult with good judgement. not superman.
    do not carry handcuffs, badges or go on patrol. if you do you going get in hot water.
    oh and if your going to break the law don't carry a gun like pick up a hooker or drugs, or go crusing to look for bad guys or show off. drink a few in a car. well i guess we put that subject to rest right no more sheep dogs. life is so much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Aren't you the same poster who recently posted a thread asking everyone to put the "sheepdog" concept to rest?
    He really doesn't want to let it go. One trick pony

Old adage: Don't get involved in someone elses' war if you want to live long.

Difficult enough trying to make it through your own wars.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger View Post
    WOW I was going to leave a small remark but you guys are doing great!!
    sheepdogs!! man how about just people who want to protect themself and their love ones who take carrying a weapon very carefully and use it with extreme care. why do they want to call and make a gang of weapon carryers who think they have to protect the world. guys thats the police and the armed forces job.
    leos fear that kind of thinking, me too. don't pull your gun cause someone shoplifted a twinky or bag of goobers. or cut in line at the candy store. you don't have that right. carry your license and your ccw card and no badges and don't let anyone see your gun don't brag or flash your gun to the ladys or let the guy at the gas station next to you who looked at your girl and you want to put him in his place. cause your wrong. it should not be seen till your in danger not to impress someone. I carryed a gun in washington state
    for years and noone knew I carryed not my friends or some girls I went out with. but if your attacked then that what it's for. not cause some drunk said something to your girl as you passed him. just keep walking and let it go. you pull a gun on a drunk he is going to cause a scene and you are at the heart of the problem. you and your gun. you made a small thing go way out of control, you could have walk away and he would not remember it in the morning. Now you end up shooting him and killing him. good job. you took a life
    of a drunk. something you can be proud of in prison. and some other guy will be dating your old girlfriend.
    while you date billybob. Now think before you act. can you walk away with out getting hurt do it walk away.
    your life is not in danger if you can walk away. your pride is not worth someone's life. even if they are drunk loud and dumb. no one should know if you have a gun till your pulling the trigger, and if the sight of your gun stops the action you were going to shoot for don't shoot. most of the things I saw people get killed for, were for hurting someones pride. A big guy steps on a little guy's foot and gets shot.
    say something to a women and get shot by her boyfriend. sheepdogs don't defend me I can do that by myself.
    we need to stand together to save our rights but people stop this us and them. We the people demand our right for selfdefence but not to be gunslingers. even non gun carryers have rights not to be scared of us.
    that sheepdogs stuff scares me. just be a adult with good judgement. not superman.
    do not carry handcuffs, badges or go on patrol. if you do you going get in hot water.
    oh and if your going to break the law don't carry a gun like pick up a hooker or drugs, or go crusing to look for bad guys or show off. drink a few in a car. well i guess we put that subject to rest right no more sheep dogs. life is so much more than that.
    You know it would go along way to making your post more readable if you would capitalize the first letter of the first word of every sentence. To type a capital letter hold down the [SHIFT] key on either side of the keyboard, you don't have to hold both of them down, either one will do, and procede to type the letters that you wish to capitalize. To resume typing lower case letters, release the [SHIFT] key and resume typing.

Talking Sheepdog Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!! Now they have a prayer LOL! Whats next a members only jacket and patch?

Having a sharp uniform is a good idea.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post

Having a sharp uniform is a good idea.
    I give up. Wouldn't that outfit make it rather difficult to draw the concealed firearm? There's no belt loops for the bat belt accessories.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123