Toys-r-us - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Toys-r-us

  1. The last time I checked our Toys R Us was not posted. When KS passed CCW some local group(s) went around putting up "gun buster" signs at a number of the local businesses with out the managers knowledge. I talked with the manager at one of our KMarts and they pulled the sign as soon as they realized what had happened.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It is one thing to protest the exercise of a private property right by boycott. it is another to ignore a person's or entity's private property rights simply because you don't agree with them.

    when you enter onto premises outside of the scope of the permission granted you are no longer law abiding - you are a trespasser. a common criminal.
    Our founding fathers granted us the right to bare arms with the second ammendment of the Constitution of The United States of America and I dont believe that this right should be denied by any corporate entity. Is it truley private property when the sole purpose for this entity is to profit from sales of products to the general public? General public including licensed law abiding gun owners? The right to bear arms is slowely and surely being chiped away at by the news media and our own government are we to just lay down and let it happen?

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It is one thing to protest the exercise of a private property right by boycott. it is another to ignore a person's or entity's private property rights simply because you don't agree with them.

    when you enter onto premises outside of the scope of the permission granted you are no longer law abiding - you are a trespasser. a common criminal.
    You must logically concede that a publicly accessible business, that it's policies are determined by an individual potentially thousands of miles away, does not carry the same weight of an individual's home. Besides the legality of the situation is determined by state law. For example, in my state, those signs carry no force of law. The actual property owner, or manager operating under direction from the property owner, has to poignantly tell me I cannot carry there and then I have to refuse to leave to be in danger of a criminal trespassing charge.

    Quote Originally Posted by gregory44mag View Post
    Our founding fathers granted us the right to bare arms with the second ammendment of the Constitution of The United States of America and I dont believe that this right should be denied by any corporate entity. Is it truley private property when the sole purpose for this entity is to profit from sales of products to the general public? General public including licensed law abiding gun owners? The right to bear arms is slowely and surely being chiped away at by the news media and our own government are we to just lay down and let it happen?
    +1
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas, for now
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory44mag View Post
    Our founding fathers granted us the right to bare arms with the second ammendment of the Constitution of The United States of America and I dont believe that this right should be denied by any corporate entity. Is it truley private property when the sole purpose for this entity is to profit from sales of products to the general public? General public including licensed law abiding gun owners? The right to bear arms is slowely and surely being chiped away at by the news media and our own government are we to just lay down and let it happen?
    This troubles me too. The Founding Fathers believed that property was of paramount importance and considered ones firearms as part of that property. Never the less, they made a specific amendment that mentioned this property - the 2nd. See this - Property Rights, Freedom, and the Constitution

    There is no specific amendment that mentioned property except in the 5th amendment and that's protects your property from the government.

    For me I avoid businesses that ban me carrying my firearm. I don't give them my business.

    I also consider a business that bans me from carrying my firearm as a violation of my civil rights. I don't mean the Civil Rights act of 1964. Look here for various definitions of civil rights - they almost all include those enumerated by the Constitution.

    define:Civil-Rights - Google Search

    Again, a business can ban me from their property because I'm carrying a firearm and I'm free to take my business elsewhere and I do. I just feel that they are infringing on my civil rights doing so. I understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights limits how government can interact with the people but it doesn't mention any limits between people.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Carolina, Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    156
    Here in SC we had a Toysrus posted though with an invalid sign. Under investigation you will find that many stores, malls, and movie theaters receive start up kits which include the generic gun buster sign and in most cases they do not comply with state law.

    By the way paragraphs are our friends.

  7. #16
    The Toy R Us No Gun policy is extremely efficient.
    It ensures that there will absolutely be NO possibility that our precious children will ever be harmed by a firearm while in their store.

    And as proof, I offer the following:

    Toy R US is gun free

    If you do write TRU you should include a copy of this thread so that they know how many customers go elsewhere!

  8. #17
    Here is what I sent to TRU through their website.

    Hello,

    Today I was made aware of your company policy of banning the carry of handguns in your stores.

    As a former US Army soldier and former Law Enforcement Officer, I find the policy of forbidding law abiding citizens who hold a valid concealed carry permit from carrying their weapon while in your stores to be irresponsible. This policy, while seeming to be for the protection of customers, and especially children, actually places them in greater danger. A criminal, intent on committing a crime, will not be stopped by your policy. However, a legally armed citizen, will be denied the opportunity to defend himself/herself and their family. The constitution of the United States, and the government of my state have decreed that I am allowed to exercise my right to bear arms. Yet your company policy assumes that they are wrong.

    To this end, I will no longer patronize any of your stores, nor utilize your web-based services, until this dangerous policy is recinded. With 3 grandchildren so far, I have ample opportunity to spend my money on toys. I will now spend it elsewhere. I will also encourage the rest of my family, as well as my friends to no longer shop in your stores.

    The loss of my sales dollars may not be of much consequence to you, however this trend will continue to grow and I fear that your company will be on the losing side of this issue.

    Thank You,

  9. #18
    Let us know if they reply and what they say.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Here is what I sent to TRU through their website.

    Hello,

    Today I was made aware of your company policy of banning the carry of handguns in your stores.

    As a former US Army soldier and former Law Enforcement Officer, I find the policy of forbidding law abiding citizens who hold a valid concealed carry permit from carrying their weapon while in your stores to be irresponsible. This policy, while seeming to be for the protection of customers, and especially children, actually places them in greater danger. A criminal, intent on committing a crime, will not be stopped by your policy. However, a legally armed citizen, will be denied the opportunity to defend himself/herself and their family. The constitution of the United States, and the government of my state have decreed that I am allowed to exercise my right to bear arms. Yet your company policy assumes that they are wrong.

    To this end, I will no longer patronize any of your stores, nor utilize your web-based services, until this dangerous policy is recinded. With 3 grandchildren so far, I have ample opportunity to spend my money on toys. I will now spend it elsewhere. I will also encourage the rest of my family, as well as my friends to no longer shop in your stores.

    The loss of my sales dollars may not be of much consequence to you, however this trend will continue to grow and I fear that your company will be on the losing side of this issue.

    Thank You,
    Nice note.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    100
    I hate Toys are Us anyways.........
    Ruger LCP and Springfield XD-9 subcompact

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast