Toys-r-us - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toys-r-us

ToysRGuns would be a great name for a gun store, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    They don't allow off duty or even on duty LEO to carry unless called to the store.
    Wow.
    Sounds like another mass shooting zone to me.
    Too bad these folks never learn until something horrible happens.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Also, it rewards the store for not respecting our rights. What I normally do is go to another store that carries the same stuff, buy it there and mail a copy of the receipt to the offending store telling them why I didn't buy it there.
    Very good idea.
    I just went yesterday to get some specialty items from a store that was posted when I got there.
    Had a long talk with the mgr and another one from Cincinnati too (he was a fellow CCW, by the way).
    They were very friendly and it was easy to see that it was a corporate decision to put up the signs.
    The one mgr said that after our discussion he's tempted to test the situation by pulling down the sign on his store and then informing corporate that studies show that businesses with gunbuster signs are shown to be purposefully targeted by criminals because they know there will be no resistance.

Im definitely going to keep in touch with the guy to see how it goes.

I sent the following to a some of their stores trying to get it to their corporate office.
    To Whom It May Concern.

Recently I came across your store on Lane Ave in Columbus, Ohio because they are one of few stores that carry a particular brand of sodium free baking soda that I've been purchasing elsewhere and online.
    As Im about to enter the store I see the 'no guns' sign and so I had to go back to my car, disarm, and return to the store feeling like Im being denied my rights here in Ohio that authorizes me as a law abiding citizen who has passed more background checks in my life than most federal employees will in their lifetimes.
    I was a bit disappointed because once I got inside the store I saw so many items that I know I'd be buying every week that I simply havent seen anywhere else.
    The problem is that Ive been the victim of violent crime a time or two in my life, and I waited a long time for laws to pass that give me the ability to defend myself, being a disabled man makes it a bit harder than some, and Ive taken the safety courses and passed all the exams and checks, only to find that I am not allowed to defend myself if some lunatic were to come into your store armed to hurt your customers.

I simply don't patronize stores that dont allow me to carry. I made an exception today simply because I waited until I was out of the baking soda and I wanted the opportunity to speak to your manager at this store to let them know that its not me, or guys like me who WiLL obey the sign on your door, that you need to worry about. Its the guys who, like ALL criminals, WON'T obey the sign on your door because they simply dont care as they are lawbreakers and don't follow the rules to begin with.

I carry concealed, as my state license provides for, so there is no chance of anyone seeing the weapon and becoming concerned about it.
    I do understand the open carry issue and how it adversely affects the general public, and lets face it, it is warranted simply because of all the shootings going on.

But as a concealed carry sort of individual that I am, there would be no concerns in that particular area because no one would see that I was carrying.

MOST businesses here in Ohio and other CCW states simply don't post, but have rules in place that forbid open carry.
    I find that these are a very satisfactory compromise so that those of us who are law abiding CCW'ers can carry as we are licensed, but not cause disruption in the store that we've seen where open carry has been involved.

I sincerely and respectfully ask that your company consider the fact that those of us who are licensed aren't the ones you need to ban from your stores because we are on the same side.
    But please understand that the millions of us who are licensed simply choose to pass by businesses that are posted with no carry signs because there are stores all over town just like yours where we can shop, or in the case of the baking soda, simply purchase it online.

Sincerely.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    You must logically concede that a publicly accessible business, that it's policies are determined by an individual potentially thousands of miles away, does not carry the same weight of an individual's home. Besides the legality of the situation is determined by state law. For example, in my state, those signs carry no force of law. The actual property owner, or manager operating under direction from the property owner, has to poignantly tell me I cannot carry there and then I have to refuse to leave to be in danger of a criminal trespassing charge.

+1
    eh.
    I obey the signs.
    Im not risking my CHL over some nut antiamerican store owner. I'll go somewhere else to get eggs, milk and socks.

Well, here is the reply I got from TRU:

Thank you for contacting the “R” Us Team.

At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

Sincerely,
    Alyssa Bahler
    “R” Us Guest Relations

The usual Liberal short sighted thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post

At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

Sincerely,
    Alyssa Bahler
    “R” Us Guest Relations

Hmm if they are so "CONCERNED" they they should immediately ensure that each store maintains a staff of 2 (not just 1) armed security personnel and that this fact is clearly posted at their entrances so that the safety and protection of the children and families shopping, are guaranteed!

...But that concern would conflict with the bottom line profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post

Sincerely,
    Alyssa Bahler
    “R” Us Guest Relations

Ah, thats really funny.

I went into Family Dollar here in town last week and after a few minutes a recorded voice came over the load speaker and said something to the effect of "Video cameras are recording everything in the store for your safety".

uh...yeah. My safety ?
    The only thing those cameras are good for is making a nice video of the shooting when some armed nut comes in.

My safety. What a laugh. I'll keep my gun, thank you very much.

I wonder when TRU hires the armed guards, are they going to put in metal detectors? Or are they going to pat down every customer? Because right now and if they hire armed guards, they still won't catch an armed criminal until it might be too late. And no, I haven't been in a TRU in about 20 years.

Should have just gone in, got the gift for your daughter and left.

I alway ignore those signs... if the State says I'm allowed to carry... some dorking store manager isn't going to tell me what to do. The worst they can do is ask you to leave if they find out.... big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JrFreak View Post
    Should have just gone in, got the gift for your daughter and left.

I alway ignore those signs... if the State says I'm allowed to carry... some dorking store manager isn't going to tell me what to do. The worst they can do is ask you to leave if they find out.... big deal.
    But why financially support companies who are fighting to take our rights away if we can just shop somewhere else ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast