Toys-r-us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys-r-us

Toys-r-us

Good Day all, This Morning I had to go to Toys-R-Us to pick up Birthday Present for my 3 Year old Daughter. My Son Also was with me as well. As we walked in the outer doors I dropped my Keys so I, bent down to pick them up. In the Lower left corner on the Sliding glass doors I noticed a Picture of an Handgun with the slash through it Stating, that no weapons were aloud in the store. I was Carrying as always. When my son and I, walked in I seen the Asst Manager I proceeded to talk to him asking about the sign on the door His Reply was what sign. so I asked him to come with me so that he could see the sign. He advised me that he didnt even know it was there. I also asked him that if, it was store policy that weapons are not aloud, Why put the sign at the bottom where no-one could see it .once again he didnt know why. at that Moment he asked me why I was asking these questions. I told him that I was Armed. He then asked if I was an Police Officer I told him No. he then asked why I was Carrying an weapon. I told him that the 2nd Amendment gave me that right. I also told him That I had my New York State pistol permit ,at which time he asked if he could see my permit .I complied and should him. His responce was that he was Unaware that New York State gave Pistol Permits to Citizens. he Then asked what The Unrerstricted meant I told him that I was aloud to Carry my Weapon Concealed he then asked if he could see my weapon I said No. I then asked if I could enter store to buy my Daughters Birthday Present he said Sorry but I could not come in the store carrying an weapon. So I, told him that my Family and I would no longer do Business with Toys-R-US . I also told him that I would be advising all the members of my Gun club along with USACARRY Forums. Once again he didnt care. I thanked him for his time and Left By the way this TOYS-R-US is located on McKinnley Parkway In Blasdell, NY. I tried calling the corperate office but it was closed on weekends But I, will be calling Monday Morning to advised them That My Family, Friends and I would no longer shop at there stores and I cut up my Credit card from them and Most Important why are they not displaying the no weapons sign where you could see it at eye Level. I will Post results of the Conversation on Monday.
    Last edited by trophyhunter; 02-12-2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: puncuation and, spelling
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

Fight the good fight!!!

Keep up the fight trophyhunter! I applaud your efforts standing up for our second ammendment right. To be honest a sign on the door wont stop me from ccing in a store where I spend my hard earned money but they should not hold prejudice against law abiding citizens. I would join you in your boycott of Toys R Us but I dont shop there.

It is a corporate policy for TRU....in fact you wouldn't even be able to buy any toy guns there either.

They don't allow off duty or even on duty LEO to carry unless called to the store.

6. Im gonna check my local Toy B Us

It always amazes me that even in Pennsylvania most people aren't aware that you can get a "Pennsylvania License to carry Firearms". They've been so Conditioned by the Dominate Liberal Media to believe Guns are Bad. Period. And anyone who has carries one is the Devil himself!

Most people I know don't know I carry. (I think). I never tell anyone. Except a small group of friends who also carry. And I'm careful not to allow my pistol to show when I bend over. I advise everyone to do the same. Why scare somebody. And it's called Concealed Carry for a reason!

I've Never seen a No Firearms sign in Pennsylvania where I live. But would take my business elsewhere if I did. I vote with my wallet.

The Political Landscape is changing (temporarily) so I'm gonna start looking for such signs.

7. C

Well. There it is.

Toys R Us, Cranberry Twp PA.

Circle/Slash No Pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory44mag View Post
    To be honest a sign on the door wont stop me from ccing in a store where I spend my hard earned money but they should not hold prejudice against law abiding citizens.
    It is one thing to protest the exercise of a private property right by boycott. it is another to ignore a person's or entity's private property rights simply because you don't agree with them.

when you enter onto premises outside of the scope of the permission granted you are no longer law abiding - you are a trespasser. a common criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It is one thing to protest the exercise of a private property right by boycott. it is another to ignore a person's or entity's private property rights simply because you don't agree with them.

when you enter onto premises outside of the scope of the permission granted you are no longer law abiding - you are a trespasser. a common criminal.
    Also, it rewards the store for not respecting our rights. What I normally do is go to another store that carries the same stuff, buy it there and mail a copy of the receipt to the offending store telling them why I didn't buy it there.

Good idea to mail a receipt to the store that that prohibits a citizen from protecting himself and enhancing security.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

11. Copy of The Email I sent to Toys B Us

I walked up to the front door of the Toys R Us in Cranberry Twp Pa. 16066 And saw a No Firearms Permitted on the Premises sign:

And I just can't understand why you want the criminals to have the advantage over your employees and your customers.

After all: the criminal will disregard the sign. The sign actually advertises that your store is an easy target. A Criminal Empowerment Zone if you will; because only Law Abiding Citizens like me will obey it.

I will Obey your sign because I am a Law Abiding Citizen. I believe in the Rule of Law and I believe in Private Property Rights. I will Never set foot in your store again because my Lawfully Carried Pistol (which I have a license to carry for my own personal protection) is not welcome.

I will Never set foot in any facility where only the criminals are armed. It just doesn't make sense.

Thank you for your time.

Robert S Bondi
    Cranbery Twp PA 16066

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast