National Right to Carry Resiprocity Legislation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Right to Carry Resiprocity Legislation

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    The problem with this is Washington State you just have a background check done No having to certify with the weapon that will be carried. And for that I am thankful for. But That should not be needed we have allowed them to take away our god given rights. Look back at how the west was won and you will see no damn permit was needed to carry your guns to where you and your family was moving to. So now we as a species who is suppose to be evolving have decided that it is better to give up our liberties for what little safety it provides. As it was said we will lose both for thinking that way.
    Ohio is pretty cool.
    I just fill out the paperwork, they do the checks and call me when my CHL is ready to be picked up.
    I can carry any handgun Im lawfully allowed to own and from what I understand I can carry more than one gun if I choose.
    Ohio's been much better than Id have thought given the fight put up over CCW laws trying to get passed years ago.
    Once we get a few kinks worked out I think it'll pretty easy going, though I hope we start going for constitutional carry at some point.

The language in the bill is quite easy to read.

Text of H.R.822 as Introduced in House: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

It plainly states that a state must have some kind of state issued permit for you to take advantage of this law. Most constitutional carry states have still retained their CC permit programs for reciprocity with other states so there is no problem there as you wouldn't be travelling without a CC from your state anyway right?

Someone from Florida please write this guy about the glaring deficiency with dealing with the 1000' from school zones rule in the Brady Bill that we all break without a permit from the states we are travelling in. I tried, but I can't since I'm not from that state, much less district.

https://stearns.house.gov/Forms/WriteYourRep/

Oh and ask for a response.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    Regarding the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995 (the federal law which makes it illegal for an armed citizen to drive within 1000 feet of any school).The NRA told me several weeks ago that they had recently received information that someone is currently being prosecuted under this law as a stand-alone charge. There is a growing grassroots movement to get this law fixed. Anyone interested in helping should PM me their E-mail so we can add you to our coordinated efforts. We have already created legislation to fix the law, and are working on getting it introduced.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...important.html

Just who is "we"?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Someone from Florida please write this guy about the glaring deficiency with dealing with the 1000' from school zones rule in the Brady Bill that we all break without a permit from the states we are travelling in.
    There is no such provision in the Brady Law. The Brady Law established the Nation Instant Criminal Background Check System, known as NICS. The provision you speak of is the Gun Free Schools Act of 1995.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12