Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 10

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    But your argument is the need for safety training for carry. Don't use his oversight to further your argument.

The stats you posted do not contradict what he said....yet and I'm not saying they will either way. I'm curious as to the result, not that it changes how I feel about it.

Try to find the breakdown for the deaths and keep the facts accurate please.
    And his argument, or at least part of it, was that permit-not-required areas were no more dangerous than others. I countered by showing stats that prove otherwise - stats that fulfill the very criteria he stated (firearm related deaths).

I wasn't using the stats to bolster my argument, just to counter his. I used the NRA itself to back my POV.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    I voted no because I'm glad that somebody (usually an NRA-trained somebody) stands in the way of complete incompetents and the right to concealed carry. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.
    That's the ticket.

True story and may God strike me dead if it isn't - Today one of my staff members who knows I'm a gun enthusiast told me that her roommate shot himself in the leg while at a gun range today. At least it was him and not somebody else. That idiot's right to carry a gun does not supercede my right to be safe from such idiots.

I will never support permitless or unrestricted carry. And on that note I will move on from this thread.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I will gladly (and easily) point out your ignorance.

My post was in response to "Treo" who has repeatedly stated that the 3 states that require no permit to carry are no more dangerous (or possibly even safer) in terms of firearm deaths than the states that do require a permit. The stats that I presented proved that "Treo" is absolutely wrong in his assertaions. Refuting his claim was my only goal. I succeeded.

I'm fully aware that many factors can influence a stat like firearm deaths.
    Then you can see that your opinion is flawed and needs to be revised going by the data you posted. While Treo's assertions of the 3 states that require no permit to carry are no more dangerous (or possibly even safer) in terms of firearm deaths than the states that do. It is proven by the data you provided to prove that Treo was wrong. The data shows that the 3 states are indeed no more dangerous then the states the have gun control laws as proven by the data you provided. If what you were claiming was true these 3 states would be at the top of the list in spots 1,2 and 3. They are all not in those spots Alaska is in spot 2 but the other 2 states are in spot 5 and 34. Which also depending on how you interpret the data you can say that they are safer then the states that have gun control laws due to them being below states that have gun control laws. But I am not willing to assume that due to the lack of information that is missing from the data you posted to disprove Treo's assertions. If all 3 of the states were in the bottom 25 I would agree that they are safer then the top 25 but this is not the case.

So you have failed at your goal of refuting Treo's claim with the data you provided. If you are able to find data that will support your views and claims please come back and post it till then you lose this argument or disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Id believe it.
    Id say that Id also believe that private citizens with guns spend FAR more time on the range practicing than MOST LEO's ever will.
    Guys who shoot for hours every weekend are certainly getting more practice in than any cop on any force in the nation.

Sure the cops get training we civilians dont, but most of what will help me hit a target it going to come from learning to control my gun at the range.
    Knowing when to shoot might be a different matter, but even cops make mistakes.

I think you need to stop, take a deep breath and read my post again. :)
    I said nothing of the sort.
    I SAID Im 'not against' training....and Im not sure that said training has made anyone any safer because states like Vermont dont have to have training and they certainly seem to be ok without it.

Try reading and understanding what is being said before jumping the gun next time. Id hate to have to start putting trigger happy folks on ignore here already.
    I will apologize for saying that but the reason you gave for saying no lead me to the statements I made so while you did not say those words that is what I got out of reading your reasons for saying no. And that is what I am apologizing for,

You also agree with me on the training CCW citizens put in but don't seem that bothered by the police officers your tax dollars go to for providing their services when needed. I know police get supplied with ammo to use for there training that tax dollars paid for. But most of the police are just to lazy to go and practice with it. I know some instructors that get paid with ammo the police depart has left over for teaching the police officers. If any of us could get our ammo paid for we would be at the range at lest once a week. So why is it most of our police officers don't use the ammo provided by tax payers to better their skills when it comes to shoot placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    I voted "no". I would rather have nation-wide reciprocity than permit-less carry, for one reason and one reason only: the rest of the people with whom I took my CCH qualification class.

I firmly believe in our 2nd Amendment and the rights it grants to us to be armed, protected and free, but I swear to all that's holy I sincerely hoped some of the people I was on that firing line with would never be allowed to ever hold another gun. Completely missing the paper at 3 yds. Not knowing how to load or unload their firearms. Accidental discharges. You name it. And these were the folks who owned guns and felt confident enough to stand and be judged with them.

Honestly, I feel lucky to have survived that training session, but survive I did, and so did the rest of my classmates. They also learned a few things, which might (might) keep them and everyone around them safe when they hit the streets packing heat.

I voted no because I'm glad that somebody (usually an NRA-trained somebody) stands in the way of complete incompetents and the right to concealed carry. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.
    And do you feel that , that one training session some how made them safer shooters? Or did your NRA trained somebody just pass them all anyway?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Better be careful what you wish for. When new legisleation gets drafted, they could take all the worst that states have to offer and lump them all together & make it worse than it is now. Some in Congress would just as soon remove the 2d A altogether.

How many different ways can I say this ?

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    better be careful what you wish for. When new legisleation gets drafted, they could take all the worst that states have to offer and lump them all together & make it worse than it is now. Some in congress would just as soon remove the 2d a altogether.

I am not talking about a national carry permit
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Currently, the following states do not require any sort of training before issuing a permit:

California ( No state rquirement)

Georgia

Indiana

Mississippi

New Hampshire

More to be added I'm sure

10. Add Washington and Montana to your list, Treo.

11. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    ... That idiot's right to carry a gun does not supercede my right to be safe from such idiots.

I will never support permitless or unrestricted carry. And on that note I will move on from this thread.
    I'm speechless (well, I really am not, but don't want to get kicked out of the forum).

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast