Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 12

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    And do you feel that , that one training session some how made them safer shooters? Or did your NRA trained somebody just pass them all anyway?
    In answer to your question, no, the instructors at my particular CCH certification class did not pass everyone. One gentleman in particular (a very well-dressed gentleman, with a very shiny gun who carried himself well in the classroom portion of the course) just couldn't hit the paper with his 1911 and was pulled from the line and sent home.

One dear, old grandma with a horrible little .380 was coached to within an inch of her life and was deemed a competent enough shooter with an unfortunate choice in handguns. She, along with another gal who'd been given a full-size .357 magnum as a carry weapon by her "loving" husband, were both sternly warned to reconsider their choice in firearm, but after much one-on-one counseling were passed.

The fellow next to me was a grey-haired veteran, who wheeled himself into the range in his chair and only stood up to fire. I don't think he put s single round anywhere outside of the 8 ring. For my part, with my first 10 rounds, I drilled a hole the size of a Kennedy half-dollar with my P99. Needless to say, my gunslingin', wheel-chair bound vet friend and I didn't see much attention from the instructors at our end of the line, so I can't say much about them other than that they seemed to know where to apply their focus and gave the people most in-need of counselling as much as they could absorb. The class was scheduled to break at 9pm, but we were on the line until well after 11pm, the instructors making dead sure they weren't turning gun-happy, wild-eyed shooters loose on the general public.

So, to put it bluntly, yes I do believe every single person in my class walked out knowing more about firearms, shooting and themselves than they knew when they walked in. And I'm damn proud to have taken that class and passed it. I don't believe I needed the nod from an NRA firearms safety instructor to know I'm a capable shooter, but having been trained, tested and certified, you bet your ass I'll carry my head just that much higher. God forbid, should I ever confront a dangerous situation requiring I draw my weapon, I'll have just that much more confidence in my #1 weapon: my mind.

I don't know if anyone else has been paying attention, but it's amazing how close the results have stayed to 80/20.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has been paying attention, but it's amazing how close the results have stayed to 80/20.
    All you have to do is read the thread to know there's a fudd or two here.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    All you have to do is read the thread to know there's a fudd or two here.
    Well what i'm saying is, mathematically, it's interesting that it has hovered right at 80/20 without any significant swing at any point.

The "no"'s coming in at mostly regular intervals. Just odd.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

You don't really expect to find gunaphobics/antigunners poking around in a site dedicated to gun tottin" do you?

Except the occasional troll.

Be forewarned, the average Dem/Prog/Lib/2nd Ammendment disser absolutely will NOT, on the average, do their own homework on a subject. They prefer to take their information from minimally worded sound bites (false or not, does not matter) or bumper stickers and their "mind" (sic!) is made up from there.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Now that all, or most that is, states have the permit system - and the money it brings in - I don't think that it will ever come to pass where there is one permit - or law - allowing state to state CC. Money talks and you know what walks.
    There is more than enough Toro Poopoo being slung in this thread by several so-called 2A supporters and self-professed Constitutionalists Yet one person appears to want to deny "B2Tall" his 1A rights to express his thoughts on how he percieves Constitutional Carry. I agree 100% with "handgonnetoter" & "B2Tall"... There are a bunch of us here who spent years in uniform serving our country to give our citizens the rights expressed in the 1A, "NavyLt" has forgotten the Oath he took, apparently!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    There is more than enough Toro Poopoo being slung in this thread by several so-called 2A supporters and self-professed Constitutionalists Yet one person appears to want to deny "B2Tall" his 1A rights to express his thoughts on how he percieves Constitutional Carry. I agree 100% with "handgonnetoter" & "B2Tall"... There are a bunch of us here who spent years in uniform serving our country to give our citizens the rights expressed in the 1A, "NavyLt" has forgotten the Oath he took, apparently!
    So the first amendment only goes one way?

Should all states do permit-less carry? Absolutely... currently you can go into any state and speak your mind without a permit - and warrants are required to search your premises (or car if you require it, although they can hold you there while obtaining iirc) in any state without a permit.

Keeping and Bearing falls under the exact same purview as Speech, Faith, Press and Assembly etc.

Remember, a "permit" is permission from the government to do something otherwise illegal. And, how many criminals do you know applying for permits?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Well what i'm saying is, mathematically, it's interesting that it has hovered right at 80/20 without any significant swing at any point.

The "no"'s coming in at mostly regular intervals. Just odd.
    Might be that some of us understand that there are places where you never will be able to freely carry. Constitutional Carry would require it to be done freely everywhere by anyone whereas it just never will happen. Nor should it.
    One of those places is my former employer's headquaters building. When threats are made against the lives of some at meetings, I don't want anyone but the armed guards or possibly employees armed there. And we have had pipe bombs and explosives set off at some of our structures so those threats are real.
    Constitutional Carry also removes the chance of blocking felons from buying guns legally at gunshops. Yes I know they can get them illegally but that isn't the subject. Constitutional Carry would mean anyone and everyone could buy a gun legally and carry anywhere, anyway or you don't have Constitutional Carry. Anything less than that is Constitutional Carry with restrictions which is what you have now. Call it what you want but even those states that claim it aren't really Constitutional Carry. AZ, AK, and Vermont require background checks before sales of guns, do they not? VT also restricts places it can be carried. AK does too. And so does AZ.

And how about it on airplanes? Think it should apply there?

The best thing that could be done is to allow the states together to decide what they accept and keep the Feds out of it. Except to tell the Feds that the states' laws, unless in violation of the US Constitution, overrule theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    B2Tall is entitled to his own opinion but he isn’t entitled to his own facts. He’s contending that he wants anyone that wants to carry a gun in public to go through mandatory safety training. That was his reasoning for being against unrestricted carry.
    He stated that such training would make us safer gun owners.

The problem w/ his contention is that several states require absolutely no training or demonstration of competency what so ever. To be perfectly clear, in the following states (Alabama , California ( No state requirement), Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire and Washington ) you do not even have to demonstrate that you have ever even fired a gun before being issued a permit. All you have to do is pay the fee and submit to a background check and you walk out the door legal to carry a concealed firearm.

So, if state mandated training is so important to the safety of the gun carrying public why don’t we have disproportionately higher firearms accident (not willful negligence or criminal misuse but accidents) rates in those states?

How is b2tall’s argument any different that the emotional hand wringing the antis engaged in when we first got concealed carry? Remember the claims of “blood in the streets” and “shoot outs over parking spots”? How are those claims any different than “I voted no because I'm glad that somebody (usually an NRA-trained somebody) stands in the way of complete incompetents and the right to concealed carry.” Or “Exactly what I'm advocating. A simple safety/training course to help make things a little safer for all of us. It also means that the person who might need to defend themselves will have a better chance of doing so successfully”
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast