Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 17

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    What are you going to do when Wyoming goes permitless?
    I can't believe you would even ask that question!

Get a badge, of course!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

3. I voted no. I don't agree with permitless carry. I think with the way things are you should have to go through some kind of back ground check. There are just too many crazy people walking around to give everyone free reign to carry a gun. I put a lot of time, training, and money into getting my state permit and then followed with permits from PA and FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman71 View Post
    I voted no. I don't agree with permitless carry. I think with the way things are you should have to go through some kind of back ground check. There are just too many crazy people walking around to give everyone free reign to carry a gun. I put a lot of time, training, and money into getting my state permit and then followed with permits from PA and FL.
    Why do you think that fed.state.local.gov is better qualified to determine who should carry a sidearm that the average citizen is?

Vermont and Alaska have had constitutional carry for ages now and many states allow unpermitted open carry. Please cite some facts and statistics concerning the violent crime being perpetrated by all those "crazy people walking around to give everyone free reign to carry a gun" in those states. It should be real easy to do, unless... Well, you know.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman71 View Post
    There are just too many crazy people walking around to give everyone free reign to carry a gun.
    I am just curious as to this line of thinking. How is requiring law abiding citizens to obtain a permit going to stop the crazy people from committing criminal acts with guns? I am being serious, I would really like to know?

I am still being serious... does it really work like this?:

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman71 View Post
    I voted no. I don't agree with permitless carry. I think with the way things are you should have to go through some kind of back ground check. There are just too many crazy people walking around to give everyone free reign to carry a gun. I put a lot of time, training, and money into getting my state permit and then followed with permits from PA and FL.
    What makes you think a law against carrying a gun is going to stop them?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I can't believe you would even ask that question!

Get a badge, of course!
    NavyLT, even though you are soon to be NavyLCMD, We don't need no stinkin badges.

NavyLT - I so wanted to post that comic when I saw it... a picture is truly worth a thousand words (and more)...

As so many have said, why would a criminal, who has no qualms regarding murder, rape and/or robbery, suddenly become "gun shy" just because of a permit requirement, or a "no guns" sign? New laws, and even the existing ones, won't and don't work, and that has been proven...

So I say, let everyone be able to defend themselves, and be responsible for themselves. It's our natural right, after all...

9. Right on, Daven

I was a deputy sheriff in Arizona, and at that time, only police or military could carry concealed. I left for a few years, and when I returned, the CCW law had been passed, and i got mine right away. Now that you have the Constitutional Carry, I salute you. I would like to see this extended to all the states, and doing away with gun-free zones as future venues for active shooters. Arizona is the greatest in this respect.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

10. Very good question. We have the constitutional right to bear arms but there are citizens who are not stable and should not carry. We need minimal ( and i do mean minimal) standards applied to the carry issue. The problem becomes when the government gets involved they usually (always) screw things up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pistol View Post
    Very good question. We have the constitutional right to bear arms but there are citizens who are not stable and should not carry. We need minimal ( and i do mean minimal) standards applied to the carry issue. The problem becomes when the government gets involved they usually (always) screw things up!!!!
    It's still illegal for a criminal to carry a gun in every state that has permitless carry
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast