Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 18

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's still illegal for a criminal to carry a gun in every state that has permitless carry
    And as one of the intelligent thinkers on this forum, you well know it doesn't stop them from carrying because after all, they are criminals.

I'll never understand why so many people who claim to be pro-2A still insist that the government needs to get involved with who should be allowed to carry and where they can or think it's a good idea to beg the government for permission and then pay a tax to exercise a Constitutional right. This only affects law abiding citizens.

Criminals already carry wherever and whenever they want. Someone* please explain to me how changing to nationwide Constitutional carry would change that?

* By "someone" I mean one of the "their oughta/gotta be a law" crowd.

"I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

3. pilot in wyoming

You all make very good points. But do we really want just anyone carrying heat? REALLY?

4. Quote Originally Posted by pilot in wyoming View Post
    You all make very good points. But do we really want just anyone carrying heat? REALLY?
    Yes, REALLY. Just like the founding fathers did.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It would be sweet !!!!

I live in N.H. and over course I have a CC for 30 yrs. Plus ! Well there was a Bill that came up a time ago and the Gov. Lynch passed it . It was to raise the out of state permit from $10.00 to $100.00 . Well I wrote Gov. Lynch and told him that I don't think it to be right to raise the rate to cover HIS exstravagent spending ! Well I got a letter back from HIM saying that he apprecate my opinion ,BUT we are going to do what we are going to do !! How is that for a ASS , and no I didn't and will never vote for him ! So to me that is what is out there and yes to the nation wide CC !

Quote Originally Posted by pilot in wyoming View Post
    What part of this don't you comprehend? The people that you're worried about being able to "carry heat" already are. They're criminals and don't care about or adhere to the law.

The only thing your precious permit (government permission slip) does is put a burden on law abiding citizens. It has no negative effect on the bad guys.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Hell, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by pilot in wyoming View Post
    Do you somehow think they don't now? (Rhetorical question, obviously you do)
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

9. pilot in wyoming

WOW! I have really stirred the pot! I am just trying to get some pros and cons on this topic. I do carry and believe anyone that wants to carry and KNOWS how and WHEN to use their weapon should and be allowed to do so! I DO not want the Gov. to stick their nose in my business either. I will not argue the point.

The pot has been stirring for 18 pages. I wanted to read all of the comments, so here I am a good hour later. My answer to the survey question is yes. But getting this question to "where the rubber meets the road," is another matter. There are so many issues to keep in account for a yes answer to become reality.

For starters, it's a trap to say that any restrictions are anti-second amendment. Yes, the world is full of slippery slopes, but to set up an arguement where every other system in the country must be subserviant to an unrestricted second amendment (though even that definition has varied over the 18 pages!) is unrealistic, if not impossible. Some of the posts, including a few by midnight I recall, take greater effort at capturing the original purpose of the second amendment, and then applying it further.

Should some of these other systems change in a way that respects a less restricted second amendment? Yes. Will they? Doubtful. Doing this state by state seems to be the most effective way at this time. Another poster made good mention of how things, which now result in greater resrictions on guns and gun rights, were dealt with differently in and around the 18th and 19th century. I believe this to be true. Regulation is a double edged sword, but to make the statement that it should not apply to one thing, but apply to others creates problems.

It is the Endgame

I support permits/licenses for CC as a means to get to constitutional carry (like things were in 1790). They are a means to an end. It will take a while, but we will get there.

Remember the long road from Plessy v Ferguson to Brown v Board of Education, and what needed to be done after that. We have an advantage over that march, given that the vast majority of Americans see the keeping and bearing of arms as an individual, fundimental right now.

We will get there, even if some us older geezers might not see it come.
    Orlando, FL

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast