Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 19

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by pilot in wyoming View Post
    WOW! I have really stirred the pot! I am just trying to get some pros and cons on this topic. I do carry and believe anyone that wants to carry and KNOWS how and WHEN to use their weapon should and be allowed to do so! I DO not want the Gov. to stick their nose in my business either. I will not argue the point.
    I don't think that is the point of these 18 pages of arguments at all and is going totally against Constitutional Carry. The point of Constitutional Carry is that it does not matter if youu know how, when, why, or anything else to carry. If you put stipulations on carry such as what you stated then you are regressing in most states.

3. I would not want to be around a bunch of people carrying guns without some training. Guns are dangerous enough in hands of experienced carriers.
    Once shown to be proficient in the operation and safety of a handgun grant them permission to carry wherever they want to.

4. Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    I would not want to be around a bunch of people carrying guns without some training. Guns are dangerous enough in hands of experienced carriers.
    Why isn't it a problem, then, in the 27+ states that allow permit-less carry now? People's gun are not going around shooting innocent people in those states any more than the states that require permits to carry.

We, on the side for Constitutional Carry, would simply like to see some facts that indicate that Constitutional Carry is more dangerous than training-required permitted carry. To date, nobody has been able to produce any facts that would indicate a basis in reality for such a claim.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Why isn't it a problem, then, in the 27+ states that allow permit-less carry now? People's gun are not going around shooting innocent people in those states any more than the states that require permits to carry.

We, on the side for Constitutional Carry, would simply like to see some facts that indicate that Constitutional Carry is more dangerous than training-required permitted carry. To date, nobody has been able to produce any facts that would indicate a basis in reality for such a claim.
    I'll agree with that.

Here's a contrast from my own personal experience.

I don't have a permit, don't need one in KY for OC.
    Went for my firing range test and walked out to help the instructor set up the first target. As we walked back, with him in front of me, as soon as I reached the firing line, I spun, pulled up my firearm from the holster and emptied the mag in rapid succession from 25 feet away. Hit the release, dropped the empty mag, slapped another magazine in and fired 3 more shots for a total of 20. Every one of them was within a 6 inch shot group, center mass. I turned and looked at the instructor and asked, "Good enough?", he said, "Yep" and I was done. Took me all of 30 seconds.

Then I watched 2 women (no offense intended ladies, could have just as easily been a man) struggle to get their qualification. One couldn't even clear her own gun (.22 pistol that kept jamming, notorious for that). She made me so nervous that I walked around to the other side of a steel pipe used at the range at Taylorsville Lake and the other took FOREVER to fire 20 shots and a quarter of them didn't even stay on the silhouette. But they both passed.

Now who do you think is more proficient and safe with a firearm?

I still don't have a permit so I must not be huh?

My point is a permit is no indication of proficiency or safety, this isn't conjecture, this is a real life experience.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Then I watched 2 women (no offense intended ladies, could have just as easily been a man) struggle to get their qualification. One couldn't even clear her own gun (.22 pistol that kept jamming, notorious for that). She made me so nervous that I walked around to the other side of a steel pipe used at the range at Taylorsville Lake and the other took FOREVER to fire 20 shots and a quarter of them didn't even stay on the silhouette. But they both passed.

Now who do you think is more proficient and safe with a firearm?

I still don't have a permit so I must not be huh?

My point is a permit is no indication of proficiency or safety, this isn't conjecture, this is a real life experience.
    But I think IWLAFART's opinion is that the two women should not have the privilege to carry a firearm in public, until they become more proficient.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

That's the point NavyLT - "privilege" vs "Right"... privileges are taken or given at whim of the State, while Rights have responsibilities attached.

I would personally like to see everyone who carries practice and become proficient with their weapon of choice - I'd consider that a responsibility of those who are exercising their Rights. But permits are not about rights... they are permission slips from the State, and can be revoked on a whim. Hereabouts, the State even wants you to register your pistols - no doubt planning for that day of Confiscation, as they did down in the City. Talk about Infringement.

Evidence and statistics suggest that people tend to responsibly exercise their rights where they are not prevented from doing so. But This is not why I support constitutional carry. I support constitutional carry because people have a Natural Right to protect themselves and their loved ones, and for no other reason. I'll bet most supporters feel much the same way.

Wyoming is the next state to go permitless. Starting July 31st 2011 no permit will be required to carry a concealed handgun in Wyoming.

Surely, the blood will run in the streets
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I will admit to not reading all 19 pages so if this is repetitive I apologize. I have no problem with constitutional carry and support it with this codicil.

Comparisons have been made to driver's licenses and such. Well everyone has the right to drive, excepting those with violations that have piled up, BUT there is some training required. No one should think that the minimal test for having a license makes one ready to rive in say L.A. or NYC. But at least the operator knows where the gas and brake are.

I am not saying proficiency but familiarity. When you buy a handgun a short mandatory familiarization course is required. All subsequent purchases are exempt. Did our founding fathers want this? Probably not but I am sure they did not envision crowded cities, numerous incompetent citizens due to some form of addiction, and a very low bar for stupidity.

A simple code on drivers license like a motorcycle addition would indicate you are good to go. No drivers license? States issue an identification card to use in place of drivers license. BTW . . I am fine with denying a license to someone with numerous DWIs they do not need a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I will admit to not reading all 19 pages so if this is repetitive I apologize. I have no problem with constitutional carry and support it with this codicil.

Comparisons have been made to driver's licenses and such. Well everyone has the right to drive, excepting those with violations that have piled up, BUT there is some training required. No one should think that the minimal test for having a license makes one ready to rive in say L.A. or NYC. But at least the operator knows where the gas and brake are.

I am not saying proficiency but familiarity. When you buy a handgun a short mandatory familiarization course is required. All subsequent purchases are exempt. Did our founding fathers want this? Probably not but I am sure they did not envision crowded cities, numerous incompetent citizens due to some form of addiction, and a very low bar for stupidity.

A simple code on drivers license like a motorcycle addition would indicate you are good to go. No drivers license? States issue an identification card to use in place of drivers license. BTW . . I am fine with denying a license to someone with numerous DWIs they do not need a gun.
    Would you please cite the Amendment to the US Constitution that recognizes driving as a right that is not to be infringed. I seem to be unfamiliar with it.

Thank you.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Even stupid people know where the trigger and the business end are. A gun is such a simple device that to think that someone requires training to know how to use it or that its dangerous is asinine.

Right, because where they came from was such a sparsely populated region, didn't have alcoholics and the average man could do calculus equations. They were intelligent enough to write better than 90% of people now and created a document that laid out the greatest civilization in the history of mankind.

But they didn't consider your points. Uh huh. I love it when people try to second guess the intentions of individuals who IQ was probably several dozen points higher than their own.

That's akin to gun registration, FAIL.

So a guy who has a drinking problem doesn't have the right to defend against a lethal assailant?

I can tell your from NY.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast