Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 20

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    162 79.41%
  • No

    42 20.59%
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 251

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Even stupid people know where the trigger and the business end are. A gun is such a simple device that to think that someone requires training to know how to use it or that its dangerous is asinine.
    But yet we have stupid people who shoot themselves. Including cops.

    .....
    But they didn't consider your points. Uh huh. I love it when people try to second guess the intentions of individuals who IQ was probably several dozen points higher than their own.
    Don't think you know everyone's IQ or that of the Founding Fathers.



    So a guy who has a drinking problem doesn't have the right to defend against a lethal assailant?

    I can tell your from NY.
    If he/she lost the right due to drinking, who is at fault? He/She already has shown the fact that he/she cannot be trusted with something that could be deadly. As an example of that, there are different levels of DUI for people who have a regular driver's license and a Commercial Driver's License ( CDL ). And also applies to people who do safety sensitive jobs vs regular jobs. A CDL carries a level 1/2 of that of a regular D/L, 0.04% BAC vs 0.08% to 0.10% depending on the state. Would you want a person who has DUIs operating a nuke reactor while drunk? Or flying a jet with weapons? They've already shown by the DUIs that they cannot be trusted where clear thinking is required. Can that right be reinstated after a set period of time, yes. One time being caught over .04 in a CMV gets your CDL yanked for either 1 or 3 years. Second time is loss of CDL for 10 years to life.

  2.   
  3. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    But yet we have stupid people who shoot themselves. Including cops.

    Don't think you know everyone's IQ or that of the Founding Fathers.


    If he/she lost the right due to drinking, who is at fault? He/She already has shown the fact that he/she cannot be trusted with something that could be deadly. As an example of that, there are different levels of DUI for people who have a regular driver's license and a Commercial Driver's License ( CDL ). And also applies to people who do safety sensitive jobs vs regular jobs. A CDL carries a level 1/2 of that of a regular D/L, 0.04% BAC vs 0.08% to 0.10% depending on the state. Would you want a person who has DUIs operating a nuke reactor while drunk? Or flying a jet with weapons? They've already shown by the DUIs that they cannot be trusted where clear thinking is required. Can that right be reinstated after a set period of time, yes. One time being caught over .04 in a CMV gets your CDL yanked for either 1 or 3 years. Second time is loss of CDL for 10 years to life.
    Why do you and people like insist on comparing a Constitutional right (to keep and bear arms) to a privilege (driving)? They are not the same... Never have been, never will be.

    I'm still waiting for the citation (three posts up) that shows driving is covered by our founding documents. Perhaps you can show us.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  4. #193
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Carolina, Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    156
    So a guy who has a drinking problem doesn't have the right to defend against a lethal assailant?

    I can tell your from NY.

    Well yes I am originally from NY and yes people with a known severe addiction to alcohol or drugs do not need to have a handgun at least not near me. I have been to enough shooting completions and range nights to be aware that newbies have a learning curve which does not need to be diminished or impaired by an addiction.

    I am not as positive of our founding father's IQ as you are but since you enjoy guessing and nitpicking." I can tell your from NY" actually the your should be you are.

    Irrational, unbending devotion to a cause is as stupid as anti without listening to reason.

  5. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    So a guy who has a drinking problem doesn't have the right to defend against a lethal assailant?

    I can tell your from NY.

    Well yes I am originally from NY and yes people with a known severe addiction to alcohol or drugs do not need to have a handgun at least not near me. I have been to enough shooting completions and range nights to be aware that newbies have a learning curve which does not need to be diminished or impaired by an addiction.

    I am not as positive of our founding father's IQ as you are but since you enjoy guessing and nitpicking." I can tell your from NY" actually the your should be you are.

    Irrational, unbending devotion to a cause is as stupid as anti without listening to reason.

    I disagree. I don't care if a drunk is walking down the street with a gun, I care if he is pointing it at me. I don't believe that he should loose that right until he abuses that right. I don't believe someone committing an act that doesn't currently have a victim, should loose their rights to self defense.

    You don't punish someone for something they MIGHT do. You punish people and take away their rights for something they've done.

    Your not positive? Have you read the Constitution or the Federalist papers, or anything about them at all? The way someone writes and speaks is a very good indicator of their intelligence.

    Yeah I'm fully aware that "your" is possessive and "you are", being descriptive, is what I should have typed. Thats what I get for not proof reading. Obviously a grammatical error, sue me. I'm sure you've never made one right?

    It is not just undying devotion to a cause, it is undying devotion to a just cause.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  6. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Why do you and people like insist on comparing a Constitutional right (to keep and bear arms) to a privilege (driving)? They are not the same... Never have been, never will be.

    I'm still waiting for the citation (three posts up) that shows driving is covered by our founding documents. Perhaps you can show us.
    And you refuse to see the tie in between DUIs and failing to be able to reason clearly. A DUI means caught once but may have occured more than just that once. Most people won't lose their DL on the first DUI. If a person has multiple DUIs, then there is a pattern of poor and unsafe thinking. Thru Elements of Logic ( a college Humanities class ) you can state it as: A=B, B=C, A=C.

    3 DUI convictions in 10 years in Florida makes the 3rd one a felony. Felon in possession of a gun = Felony. A misdemeanor conviction that could impose possible imprisonment of over 2 years also bars ownership or possession.
    If you have a Florida permit, conviction of a second DUI in 3 years will get your permit revoked or suspended. No open carry in Florida so if you go off your property with a loaded gun, you can face felony charges if carrying concealed. 2 DUI convictions in the previous 3 years before applying for a Fl permit will get it rejected.

    So as you can see, DUIs and guns do have a direct tie in.

  7. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    But yet we have stupid people who shoot themselves. Including cops...
    And the down side is...?

  8. #197
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    And the down side is...?
    None really except we will soon enough run out of Darwin Awards.

  9. #198
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    And you refuse to see the tie in between DUIs and failing to be able to reason clearly. A DUI means caught once but may have occured more than just that once. Most people won't lose their DL on the first DUI. If a person has multiple DUIs, then there is a pattern of poor and unsafe thinking. Thru Elements of Logic ( a college Humanities class ) you can state it as: A=B, B=C, A=C.

    3 DUI convictions in 10 years in Florida makes the 3rd one a felony. Felon in possession of a gun = Felony. A misdemeanor conviction that could impose possible imprisonment of over 2 years also bars ownership or possession.
    If you have a Florida permit, conviction of a second DUI in 3 years will get your permit revoked or suspended. No open carry in Florida so if you go off your property with a loaded gun, you can face felony charges if carrying concealed. 2 DUI convictions in the previous 3 years before applying for a Fl permit will get it rejected.

    So as you can see, DUIs and guns do have a direct tie in.
    Yeah but then we get into that whole thing about a felon should have their rights restored after they serve their time and they are citizens again. The only reason DUI and guns have a tie in is because of legislation since the Constitution was written. There were drunks back then and the Framers didn't think they should be disarmed either.

    As I said, you don't punish someone for what they might do and certainly not when it comes to a constitutional right.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  10. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    The problem w/ DUIs and felons w/ guns isn’t the Constitution it’s the current judicial system. When the Constitution was written the types of felons we’re talking about were never paroled from prison they either spent the rest of their life behind bars or they were hung in the town square, thus doing away w/ the necessity of writing laws prohibiting felons from owning firearms.

    None of the four states that have permitless carry have changed their laws regarding using a firearm in the commission of a crime. It’s still illegal in all four states to be a prohibited person in possession of a firearm
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  11. #200
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    YES YES YES!!! WTF?? Really??? NO VOTES!!!

    I'd really like to know who the 38 were that voted NO... I bet nogods is one of the 38...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast