Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 21

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    162 79.41%
  • No

    42 20.59%
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 251

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    So a guy who has a drinking problem doesn't have the right to defend against a lethal assailant?

    I can tell your from NY.

    Well yes I am originally from NY and yes people with a known severe addiction to alcohol or drugs do not need to have a handgun at least not near me. I have been to enough shooting completions and range nights to be aware that newbies have a learning curve which does not need to be diminished or impaired by an addiction.

    I am not as positive of our founding father's IQ as you are but since you enjoy guessing and nitpicking." I can tell your from NY" actually the your should be you are.

    Irrational, unbending devotion to a cause is as stupid as anti without listening to reason.
    Another NY liberal, Constitution ignoring, Rights trampling democrat... Pathetic how they grow in that state...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  2.   
  3. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Would you please cite the Amendment to the US Constitution that recognizes driving as a right that is not to be infringed. I seem to be unfamiliar with it.

    Thank you.
    It is a right... We are free to do these things... Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness... Basic Human Rights don't come from the document, they come from your creator... Get that idea? Why should I have to ask permission to be free? Pathetic...

    The document was written to protect the rights because our founders knew how nosy, controlling, and manipulative we as humans can be.. They were aware of the potential for certain people to enforce their will's on other people. They were trying to protect us from each other... Sad how that has failed...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  4. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    It is a right... We are free to do these things... Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness... Basic Human Rights don't come from the document, they come from your creator... Get that idea? Why should I have to ask permission to be free? Pathetic...

    The document was written to protect the rights because our founders knew how nosy, controlling, and manipulative we as humans can be.. They were aware of the potential for certain people to enforce their will's on other people. They were trying to protect us from each other... Sad how that has failed...
    Thank you for your pointless rant. Now maybe you can answer my question in the context it was asked.

    The Second Amendment recognizes the right to keep and bear arms. Can you or anyone else show me the amendment that recognizes to right to drive?

    Please save your additional pontificating for someone who gives a damn. Simply answer the question... If you can.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  5. #204
    I am going to say it and make a bunch of people mad but here it goes. The right of self-defense is an inherent right that belongs to every man, woman, child or animal on this planet and cannot be taken away by anyone. I get tired of this BS about having the right of self-defense taken away. For thousands of years men defended themselves without guns and still men every day on this earth defend themselves without guns from lethal attacks by animals or other men. Sometimes the succeed snd sometimes they fail.

    In the recent case in NY where they fellow killed 4 (?) people using a knife all I heard was if only one of them had a gun. The fellow doing the killing didn't have a gun. All this crying about losing your ability to defend yourself without a gun or if onny I had been there with my gun make all of us sound like a bunch of lazy wimps. Ask a Navy Seal if it is absolutely necessary that he have gun to defend himself.

    Now a gun can help equalize the odds between two people or a person and a bear but even if you are attacked by a bear you are not defenseless without a gun unless you want to just give up and cry about your rights being taken away. When a drunk or a criminal or whoever loses his rights to own or carry a gun he does not lose his rights to defend himself. He may now be a a disadvantage when someone else has a gun but all he has lost if the right to carry a gun. To me he hasn't show the responsibility needed to carry a gun and I don't feel one bit sorry for him not being able to.

    He can still defend himself using the methods that have been proven for thousands of years. One of those methods is avoiding the situations where he might need to defend himself. Stay out of the honky tonks and bars for a start. Stay away from the drug dealers etc. Now when he runs into a situation that anyone else could find themselves in he can do the same as others and either run or fight with fists, knives or wits. He has the right to defend himself and can defend himselfl, just not with a gun.

    Are we to the point that without a gun we are helpless? Are you so afraid that you can't get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom only 10' away without carrying your gun with you. Did you make it until you were 18 without carrying a gun or did you have armed guards surrounding you at all times. In other words are you hiding behind your gun and afraid to face the world except through the sights on a barrel?

    Every time I hear someone declare that someone has had their rights to self-defense taken away or that they are defenseless without a gun it makes me want to puke to think that is what we are becoming as a society. A gun is just one more tool in our self-defense chest and a long way from being the most important (that grey mass of jelly between your ears should be number one) or the most useful.

    The fellow who continually uses a 4,000 pound mass of metal so drunk he can't control it putting lives in danger shows he can't be trusted to look out for others whether he uses his car as a weapon or a gun as a weapon. Both should be taken from him unless he can demonstrate that he can be relied upon to control either or both. By taking his car or his gun we are not taking away his right to self-defense only some of the tools he could have used if he had not demonstrated that he can't be trusted to use either one safely.

    {Rant Off** but no one can take away your right to self-defense even if they lock you in jail. You still have that right there until they put you in a grave and then it doesn't matter.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    None of the four states that have permitless carry have changed their laws regarding using a firearm in the commission of a crime. Itís still illegal in all four states to be a prohibited person in possession of a firearm
    I disagree, Treo. There are more than 4 states with permitless carry
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I disagree, Treo. There are more than 4 states with permitless carry
    True, but for the purpose of our discussion I meant permitless concealed carry
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Thank you for your pointless rant. Now maybe you can answer my question in the context it was asked.

    The Second Amendment recognizes the right to keep and bear arms. Can you or anyone else show me the amendment that recognizes to right to drive?

    Please save your additional pontificating for someone who gives a damn. Simply answer the question... If you can.
    Pointless rant... Hummm... What is your point? Since there is no mention of the use of private motorized transportation in the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights, I guess we don't have a right to make use of it? That is a far more pointless argument. So I guess if the right itself and the provisions for it have not been enumerated and described in some official document they do not exist to you... Fascinating theory... There is no amendment that addresses transportation. And to further ends, do you really think there should be one?

    Our founders were about the natural freedoms of man. Some have become conditioned to believe they need to raise their hands and ask permission to use the bathroom, move about the land by what ever means they choose, or to make use of a firearm for sport and personal protection... As far as giving a damn, I can tell you don't...

    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  9. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    20
    The only reason I voted no is because we have to have a way of keeping the bad people honest!

  10. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Pointless rant... Hummm... What is your point? Since there is no mention of the use of private motorized transportation in the Constitution nor the Bill of Rights, I guess we don't have a right to make use of it? That is a far more pointless argument. So I guess if the right itself and the provisions for it have not been enumerated and described in some official document they do not exist to you... Fascinating theory... There is no amendment that addresses transportation. And to further ends, do you really think there should be one?

    Our founders were about the natural freedoms of man. Some have become conditioned to believe they need to raise their hands and ask permission to use the bathroom, move about the land by what ever means they choose, or to make use of a firearm for sport and personal protection... As far as giving a damn, I can tell you don't...
    Driving = privilege

    2A = right

    Stop comparing them please.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  11. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by cuznjed View Post
    The only reason I voted no is because we have to have a way of keeping the bad people honest!
    And the way to do that is to infringe on the rights of all the honest and good people? How do we ID the "bad people"? So, "guilty all of ya'" is the way to be??

    If that is your argument, why are people allowed to operate automobiles across state lines without being licensed in each state? Automobiles are far more dangerous and capable of causing mass destruction and loss of life, are they not?

    irrational..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast