Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 22

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Driving = privilege

2A = right

Stop comparing them please.
    The 2nd Amendment is not a right. Our rights do not stem from it nor are they granted by it. It is a statement in a document that protects the God given right and was agreed upon by the founders of this country as a law.

Using any mode of transportation at my disposal is a right. So if I were to get a horse and use that as a mode of transportation I would have to register the horse and get a license to ride it? I am not comparing them, I am indicating that they are both one and the same... A right one can choose to exercise or not. We have been taught and conditioned over time to believe we need to ask permission to make choices and exercise rights.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    The 2nd Amendment is not a right. Our rights do not stem from it nor are they granted by it. It is a statement in a document that protects the God given right and was agreed upon by the founders of this country as a law.

Using any mode of transportation at my disposal is a right. So if I were to get a horse and use that as a mode of transportation I would have to register the horse and get a license to ride it? I am not comparing them, I am indicating that they are both one and the same... A right one can choose to exercise or not. We have been taught and conditioned over time to believe we need to ask permission to make choices and exercise rights.
    Ok, let me rephrase this. Yes, you are right on your points about the second amendment not granting a right, but it SPECIFICALLY PROTECTS it.

You may not have to register a horse, but you do a car in ANY state.

I'm my state I don't have to have a license or register firearms, because my state recognizes that the RKBA is a protected act.

They are not the same imo.

I wholeheartedly agree with your last point.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Ok, let me rephrase this. Yes, you are right on your points about the second amendment not granting a right, but it SPECIFICALLY PROTECTS it.

You may not have to register a horse, but you do a car in ANY state.

I'm my state I don't have to have a license or register firearms, because my state recognizes that the RKBA is a protected act.

They are not the same imo.

I wholeheartedly agree with your last point.
    Thanks for not taking my response as a personal attack.

I live in a state where they all but require you to ask permission to breathe. They (progressive liberal, rights trampling, Constitution ignoring, democrats) forced the socialized health care down our throats in 2006. They are attempting to introduce more anti-gun legislation again. Look at MA House Bill H00665, H01561, and H01562... 4King ridiculous... I tend to be more libertarian in my views so that is offensive and an assault to my sense of self... Perhaps it's the wording, Right vs Privilege... More thought on that later.

Our founders were not able to envision all the technology that would arise from the free market economy that they created here by birthing a nation that fostered free will and put liberty, freedom, and personal rights paramount in its Constitution... The government as it grew in power over time, has conditioned us to believe that we need to ask permission, show valid reason and just cause, and show proficiency when exercising our basic rights. Nonsense... Unlearn and rethink what it is you know about rights and freedom. That's all I ask...

If it allows me to better my family and myself, I have the right to pursue it.. Motorized transportation does fall under the "Pursuit of Happiness" part does it not?
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Or, how about this one.... is requiring a permit to carry or conceal a gun REALLY going to stop criminals from carrying guns and hiding them?!?
    No. But it's another charge they can lay on them when their caught.

Quote Originally Posted by ldm View Post

Or it would be if weapons charges weren't the first thing they plea down
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

7. Quote Originally Posted by ldm View Post
    How about this, then. Make it a separate chargeable criminal act to commit a criminal act while carrying a gun. That way they get their extra charge they can lay on the criminal, while not messing with law abiding citizen's rights.

Maybe committing a crime with a concealed gun would be a separate third degree felony if the gun remained concealed. Committing a crime with a visible gun would be a second degree felony. Committing a crime in which the criminal discharged a gun would be a first degree felony. Problem solved.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

How about this, then. Make it a separate chargeable criminal act to commit a criminal act while carrying a gun. That way they get their extra charge they can lay on the criminal, while not messing with law abiding citizen's rights.

Maybe committing a crime with a concealed gun would be a separate third degree felony if the gun remained concealed. Committing a crime with a visible gun would be a second degree felony. Committing a crime in which the criminal discharged a gun would be a first degree felony. Problem solved.

You are going to look like a roast beef when the Devil gets done w/ you
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

The only reason I said no is because I think they should have to take a CCW class, but after that, it would be open to all states and you wouldn't have to renew it. I just think that you would have to pass a class so that you wouldn't have some person with, dare I say, mental issues. I wouldn't want someone who in the past has been associated with violent actions.

10. Quote Originally Posted by rushfan24 View Post
    The only reason I said no is because I think they should have to take a CCW class, but after that, it would be open to all states and you wouldn't have to renew it. I just think that you would have to pass a class so that you wouldn't have some person with, dare I say, mental issues. I wouldn't want someone who in the past has been associated with violent actions.
    Do you honestly think that the current gun control laws are what is protecting you from the criminals and crazies?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Do you honestly think that the current gun control laws are what is protecting you from the criminals and crazies?
    That is very true. I do think crime rates would go down too if there was a permitless carry on firearms.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast