Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 25

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    driving or traveling in a private means is not a prilvege, but a right. I have posted links on this site.
    Traveling on the public highways is a right and I do not know of any restrictions of that either Federal or by any state.
    Operating a motor vehicle on the public highways on the other hand is a privlege that is restricted by both Feveral and state laws. Driving and traveling are two totally different things.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Hello to the people that say no to being able to carry you gun legally in what ever state you go visit or drive through. Can you please post the reason why you said No. It would help me to understand you better. Because I know you are not anti-gun since you are posting on a gun website so please share your reasons for saying no.
    Just because this is a gun site doesn't mean that anti-gun liberals don't infest it. Look at the one poster on the first page for an excellent example.

"the right of the people" I support constitutional carry in every state of the union, 2nd amendment already grants right.

I agree with this point of view with one exception, I think the fed needs to get involved because the states have done such an awfull job of it so far... If the federal gov enacts the legislation it is out of the states hands and should superceed any stupid state laws.... Personall I think all gov should stay out of our rights, but if it means getting our rights back, I'm all for the fed passing this bill.

I've been thinking about this a lot more lately. My wife and I live in SC; and we own a small business.

Our primary suppliers/manufacturers are on the "left" coast and northeast. This does present a problem for us because some of the states in which we do business are extremely AG/ACC. (In others, my states CC is not recognized.)

Facing the necessity of increased travel to these states makes me want some kind of "protections" when I'm away from my "home" state on business. I do think we need some type of recognition and legal protection fro the FG in order to be protected from the AG states that wish to pick & choose which constitutional rights they will honor.

While I'm 100% for nationwide "Constitutional" carry, I tend to believe that a nationwide "reciprocity" law would be a much easier thing to get done.

Just my 02c.

I agree with you - nationwide reciprocity would be much easier. And it would be a step in the right direction. Some states currently not only do not honor other state's permits, but don't allow non-residents to obtain one either, thereby making every law-abiding gun owner from another state a criminal if they cross the border. A right is a right, period; but until we can get our rights back in all 50, nationwide reciprocity would at least be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I've been thinking about this a lot more lately. My wife and I live in SC; and we own a small business.

Our primary suppliers/manufacturers are on the "left" coast and northeast. This does present a problem for us because some of the states in which we do business are extremely AG/ACC. (In others, my states CC is not recognized.)

Facing the necessity of increased travel to these states makes me want some kind of "protections" when I'm away from my "home" state on business. I do think we need some type of recognition and legal protection fro the FG in order to be protected from the AG states that wish to pick & choose which constitutional rights they will honor.

While I'm 100% for nationwide "Constitutional" carry, I tend to believe that a nationwide "reciprocity" law would be a much easier thing to get done.

Just my 02c.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwilliam1 View Post
    I voted yes but I change it to no. I would rather you just need one nation wide permit.
    We have one "Nationwide Permit"... The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America...

Read it and understand it...

Stop believing that you need to ask permission to be free. The conditioning can be reversed...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    "the right of the people" I support constitutional carry in every state of the union, 2nd amendment already grants right.
    The 2nd Amendment does not grant the right. You were born with it. The 2nd indicates the right exists, enumerates it and protects it...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

It isn't we the GO's that need to understand the Constitution, we get it... It's the states prosicutors and courts that we worry about..... I don't know anyone willing to go to jail to prove they have the constitional right to carry in a state with no non resident carry laws......

It is our governments, both state and federal who need to learn the constitution.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

I am in favor of nation wide permitless Constitutional Carry. And it is my sentiment the 2nd Amendment should guarantee us that right.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast