Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

You ever have one of those conversations where the person says something and you suddenly realize they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about? I mean not even close? I just did!

I'm all for both concealed and open carry. I also believe in reasonable restrictions and regulations. One of those I believe in is requiring a permit to carry. Not a permit to own, mind you....just a permit to carry.

I believe in state's rights. So did our Founding Fathers. It was paramount to them. That's why they added the 10th (and final) original amendment. It's also why the original amendments were left vague and open to interpretation. They weren't dumb, nor did they want anything more than minimal input from the federal government when it came to the laws of the individual states. I do not support a federal carry law. I believe it would violate the 10A that allows states to work out the details themselves. I'd say I'm in pretty good company considering that there's never been a nationwide carry law (one that is the same for all states) despite numerous pro-gun administrations, Congresses, and Supreme Courts throughout our history.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Wow. You have an active imagination. Exactly what constitution are you talking about?? Can't be the U.S. Constitution. It doesn't contain any of that stuff. Like I said, you're just making stuff up. I might have popped a hernia from laughing so hard at your post!
    Um...this one....

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Now what was that about me making things up?

As for the rest of your rambling post, go to any of the numerous pro-1st Amendment sites out there and look at all the things the Supreme Court has upheld in the name of the 1A.
    Why don't you post some links for me?

The Founding Fathers did not leave the original amendments vague and open to interpretation, they are concise and poignant for a reason, so they wouldn't be open to interpretation.

Just concede that you have been outwitted and graciously accept that your ideas might be skewed.

But I just realized that your a right leaning liberal, so they may not be possible.

Although I wholeheartedly agree that the states rights override those of the government, the government is also entitled to override any state law that lessens the rights of it's citizens as defined by the Bill of Rights. So a nationwide permitless carry law would be in accordance with the 2A and governmental authority as defined by the Constitution.

See I've been studying Constitutional law and SCOTUS rulings hard core for two years now, ever since a friend of mine woke me up to what has been going on in this country for the last 100 years.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

You ever have one of those conversations where the person says something and you suddenly realize they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about? I mean not even close? I just did!
    Actually I'm having one right now

I do not support a federal carry law. I believe it would violate the 10A that allows states to work out the details themselves. I'd say I'm in pretty good company considering that there's never been a nationwide carry law (one that is the same for all states) despite numerous pro-gun administrations, Congresses, and Supreme Courts throughout our history.

Who said anything about a Federal carry law?

Constituional Carry = If you can legally own a gun you can legally carry it at your discretion period. Why is that so hard to understand?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Um...this one....

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Now what was that about me making things up?
    Still looking for the parts of the Constitution you claim exist about minors, children, etc. Can you specifically point those out for me please??

The 14A clearly states that when somebody is born in the US they are considered a citizen. There is no mention of any age restriction on citizenship anywhere in the document.

Like many others on this site you confuse state law with federal law. That actually helps to prove my point - that the federal government leaves the details in the hands of the individual states (aka 10A). 1A, 2A....doesn't matter. The states are free to decide the details as they have been for the 220 yrs that the Constitution has been in existence.

You want links? Here ya go:

firstamendmentcenter.org: Welcome to the First Amendment Center Online

First Amendment Coalition

These nonprofit sites are run by constitutional lawyers. Have a look around. You might learn something. Freedom of speech/expression applies to all disemenation or spreading of information be it medical advice (requiring a license from the state, AMA, etc.), or stock advice from a broker (requiring an SEC license) or driving instruction from a professional instructor (requiring a driver's license at the very least).

Oh, and when I've been "outwitted" I'll freely admit it. Still waiting on that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Although I wholeheartedly agree that the states rights override those of the government, the government is also entitled to override any state law that lessens the rights of it's citizens as defined by the Bill of Rights. So a nationwide permitless carry law would be in accordance with the 2A and governmental authority as defined by the Constitution.
    Then why don't we have one?? Why was there no effort by such pro-2A administrations like Reagan or the Bushes?? Why?? They had control of the congress....they built a conservative Supreme Court....why no nationwide permitless law??

Because it would violate the Constitution!

Can't see the forest for the trees, can you??

I was one of those who voted no...I'd like to think that I have the right to carry a firearm and use it when needed but I also like the fact that I have been declared mentally and physically fit to own a permit via a background check. I don't mind having undergone those checks because I have nothing to hide. Touch wood, but my only brush with the law was when I was about 39-40 years of age when I had an accident. Apart from that, I am as clean as a whistle. Unfortunately, my CCW permit is not legal across the nation, just a few states. It would be nice, but I don't believe it is going to happen the way the law is constructed in this country.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I was one of those who voted no...I'd like to think that I have the right to carry a firearm and use it when needed but I also like the fact that I have been declared mentally and physically fit to own a permit via a background check. I don't mind having undergone those checks because I have nothing to hide. Touch wood, but my only brush with the law was when I was about 39-40 years of age when I had an accident. Apart from that, I am as clean as a whistle. Unfortunately, my CCW permit is not legal across the nation, just a few states. It would be nice, but I don't believe it is going to happen the way the law is constructed in this country.
    Very eletist attitude you got rockin' there. Do you think all gun owners should be declared mentally and physically fit before being allowed to own a firearm?

What happens when "they" decide to raise the bar for who is considered "mentally and physically" and physically fit?

Currently Alsaka, Arizona and Vermont have Constitutional Carry and Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Missouri, Idaho, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Utah, Virginia, Tennesse and Oregon are considering it.

Still sure it won't happen in America?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Here is my thought on the subject, Just as some people should not be allowed to have children, some people should definitaly not be permitted to carry a fire arm. As much as I support gun rights it is already hard enough to defend this right with the media so quick to blame the gun for every shooting that takes place. Just imagine the feild day they would have with just any ol idiot being able to CC. A nationwide permit would definately be oh.. so.. cool! Remember, this is just my opinion and opinions are like A-holes.

Still looking for the parts of the Constitution you claim exist about minors, children, etc. Can you specifically point those out for me please??

The 14A clearly states that when somebody is born in the US they are considered a citizen. There is no mention of any age restriction on citizenship anywhere in the document.

Like many others on this site you confuse state law with federal law. That actually helps to prove my point - that the federal government leaves the details in the hands of the individual states (aka 10A). 1A, 2A....doesn't matter. The states are free to decide the details as they have been for the 220 yrs that the Constitution has been in existence.

You want links? Here ya go:

firstamendmentcenter.org: Welcome to the First Amendment Center Online

First Amendment Coalition

These nonprofit sites are run by constitutional lawyers. Have a look around. You might learn something. Freedom of speech/expression applies to all disemenation or spreading of information be it medical advice (requiring a license from the state, AMA, etc.), or stock advice from a broker (requiring an SEC license) or driving instruction from a professional instructor (requiring a driver's license at the very least).

Oh, and when I've been "outwitted" I'll freely admit it. Still waiting on that one though.
    I never said the constitution defined anything about minors, other laws do that. Have you ever had a custody battle in court? Children are treated like property. I have custody of my daughters so tell me I don't know how that works.

You just cannot comprehend, neither what I'm writing (apparently) or the concept that a citizen is someone who has the rights and responsibilities of the title. Yes the Constitution defines that a child born here is a citizen, for the purposes of what they are entitled to and responsible for as an adult, not a minor.

I have not confused state and federal law.

I am a master carpenter and I can tell someone how to build a house and I don't need a license. An IT guy can tell someone how to build a computer and they don't have to have a license. I can go turn my driver's license in and still tell my daughter how to drive.

To PRACTICE in a field of business you have to have a license, to just tell someone something, you do not. THAT is the protected part.

Now before you draw an incorrect parallel from that. To carry a gun is a protected right, to professionally teach others? Ok, you have to have a license. Get it? So whats your point?

Mine is that criminals, minors and people officially determined to have metal deficiencies are treated as property under STATE laws, they are not citizens, they do not have the same rights because they either do not have the same responsibilities or they have abused those rights and responsibilities.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Glad to see somebody else has the guts to challenge the Constitutional Chicken-Littles.

We "elitists" have to stick together. I wonder if I can get my permit gold-plated.....

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast