Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Do you support nation wide permitless carry?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 79.41%
  • No

42 20.59%
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Support Nation Wide Constitutional Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    People that carry firearms around in public occasionally have to make life-altering decisions. They need to be licensed as well instead of hiding behind the 2A.

I don't want an unlicensed electrician coming in and doing work on my house and I don't want unlicensed people walking around the street with guns.

Oh it's good to be an "elitist"!
    Again, I'd like to point out that in the geographic majority of the country it is perfectly legally to carry a firearm in public w/ no permit requirement of any kind. I don't seem to see a large number of instances of people legally carrying a firearm in public miss using them.

Also, many states that do issue permits do so w/ no training requirement either. You pay 10 bucks and walk out of the station w/ a permit. No blood in the streets yet

Vermont has never had a law prohibiting unlicensed concealed carry yet, not a large number of problems there either.

An honest man doesn't need gun laws and a dishonest man won't follow them
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    This country got along fine for the first 150 or so years of its existence w/ no such requirement. Several state now issue permits w/ no trining requirement and it doesn't seem to have a detrimental effect on their general population. In many states I can open carry a firearm w/ no permit, no trainig and again, no apparent detrimental effect.

IMO if we went to constitutional carry (and we will it's just a question of when ) it would cease to be an issue because no one would know who was carrying. Right now criminals carry w/ out benefit of a permit and I don't hear the media screaming over that.

For the first 150 years or so in this rough and rugged country the weak and the STUPID did not survive. Not so the case in this day and age! I understand that several states issue permits with no training BUT carrying a concealed fire arm demands knowledge and training so the accidents that you hear about repeatedly cease to happen. I can open carry in my state with no training or permit but you can bet your ass that the first LEO that happens across you will make sure your legal to due so!! And what do you mean about the criminals?? THEY ARE THE WHOLE REASON THAT THERE IS SUCH A CONTROVERSEY WITH FIRE ARMS IN THE FIRST PLACE!! Again this is my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by gregory44mag View Post
    For the first 150 years or so in this rough and rugged country the weak and the STUPID did not survive. Not so the case in this day and age!
    No Comment

I understand that several states issue permits with no training BUT carrying a concealed fire arm demands knowledge and training so the accidents that you hear about repeatedly cease to happen.
    Firearms ownership is at an all time high (thank you Barry) yet firearms related accidents continue to fall. Things that make you go hmmmm?

I can open carry in my state with no training or permit but you can bet your ass that the first LEO that happens across you will make sure your legal to due so!!
    Interesting I OC around cops frequently and I've never been harrassed by one they generally ignore it.

And what do you mean about the criminals?? THEY ARE THE WHOLE REASON THAT THERE IS SUCH A CONTROVERSEY WITH FIRE ARMS IN THE FIRST PLACE!! Again this is my opinion!
    Aaaaaaand this is so nonsensical I don't even know where to begin care to restate it in English?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Firearms ownership is at an all time high (thank you Barry) yet firearms related accidents continue to fall. Things that make you go hmmmm?
    Absolutely 100% correct. Now check your source for a reason why firearm related accidents are so low. You're gonna find the NRA and other pro-gun sources attribute this to <drum roll please>.....increased firearm education and training! Hooray!!

Bingo. Exactly what I'm advocating. A simple safety/training course to help make things a little safer for all of us. It also means that the person who might need to defend themselves will have a better chance of doing so successfully.

Can't wait to see the arguments against this. Some people apparently have more than one nose to cut off their face!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Absolutely 100% correct. Now check your source for a reason why firearm related accidents are so low. You're gonna find the NRA and other pro-gun sources attribute this to <drum roll please>.....increased firearm education and training! Hooray!!

Bingo. Exactly what I'm advocating. A simple safety/training course to help make things a little safer for all of us. It also means that the person who might need to defend themselves will have a better chance of doing so successfully.

Can't wait to see the arguments against this. Some people apparently have more than one nose to cut off their face!

It isn't state mandated training. The state mandated traing I went to had no standard , no shooting requirement, and no state approved ciricula I could have paid the guuy 90 bucks just to sign off on my training requirement and got the permit. I could have shown my DD55A (National Guard Equivelent of a DD214) and got the permit and I never touched a hand gun in the military.

I think Colorado's law demonstrates the absurdity of the permit system.

In Colorado open carry is legal. No permit. no background check no class, no money for the state.

If I want to put on a jacket I have to go to a class, pay for fingerprinting and a background check. and apply for a (shall issue) permit.

The only thing that changed was jacket I'm also all for personal responsibility, it is not the state's job to make sure I know how to safely handle a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    And, of course, training and permitting will fix that?
    The NRA seems to think so. They're probably the biggest firearm safety/training advocates in the nation.

NRA-ILA :: Firearm Safety In America 2009

Does that make them favorites of the Brady Bill supporters too??

It isn't state mandated training.
    Shouldn't it be?? (That's a rhetorical question. I know your answer and you know mine). It works....it makes a difference in a positive way. Even the lord-god-king of all 2A rights organizations, the NRA, makes that abundantly clear.

Find a pro-gun organization and you'll find an organization that supports firearm safety training.

Find a pro-gun organization and you'll find an organization that supports firearm safety training.
    I support firearm safety training. I just don't think it should be state mandated.

Or, if you're so hot for state mandated training, how about everyone ( w/ parental consent of course) goes through Eddie Eagle in the 6th grade and we call it good?

Or, if you're so hot for state mandated training, how about everyone ( w/ parental consent of course) goes through Eddie Eagle in the 6th grade and we call it good?[/QUOTE]

I could agree with that!! Now thats a class I would have liked in school

I support firearm safety training. I just don't think it should be state mandated.

Or, if you're so hot for state mandated training, how about everyone ( w/ parental consent of course) goes through Eddie Eagle in the 6th grade and we call it good?
    Sounds good but might not be very effective if somebody is getting their permit 30 yrs later after not having touched a gun in the intervening time period.

I learned a lot in my CCW class. Not anything technical (I had been shooting since I was a child) but I learned an awful lot of legal stuff. You're not gonna get that in an Eddie Eagle program as a 10-11 yr old. I'm very glad I took the course.

I guess public safety is a high priority for me on the road to excercising 2A rights. Yours (and others) seems to be the speed and ease with which you can do it.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast