ccw in NC
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ccw in NC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    4

    ccw in NC

    I have a guy seeing my step-daughter in nc Ft. Bragg he carries and says he says nc is a concealed carry (no permit required) state. ( I don't think so) then he says NC is a open carry state (but i think you still need a ccw) the question is please confirm if i'm right and is there anything i don't that a military person has less restrictions than we do, oh also NC is not his resident state he is from the mid-west i'm from florida so i don't now everything about NC except what i read on the USACarry website Thanks

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Butner, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by TAB56 View Post
    I have a guy seeing my step-daughter in nc Ft. Bragg he carries and says he says nc is a concealed carry (no permit required) state. ( I don't think so) then he says NC is a open carry state (but i think you still need a ccw) the question is please confirm if i'm right and is there anything i don't that a military person has less restrictions than we do, oh also NC is not his resident state he is from the mid-west i'm from florida so i don't now everything about NC except what i read on the USACarry website Thanks
    NC is a "Shall Issue" State, and you do have to have a CCW Permit to legally Conceal Carry. As for the Open Carry part, NC is supposed to support OC also, but try telling some backwoods LEO, or the little old lady who called him saying "there is a man/woman carrying a gun here and I'm frightened for my life"! Your half right and your Daughters BF is full of poop!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

  4. #3
    Yeah, that guy is full of it. NC issues a CCH, the H (for Handgun) being the operative word there. With your NC CCH you can concealed carry a handgun and a handgun only. The permit is absolutely and positively required to carry concealed, though. Without it, you're jail bait.

    Open Carry is supported by the absence of a statute making it illegal. So you're legal to OC, but having the CCH makes that a much easier sell in the court of whatever jackass is causing you trouble over it.

    Not sure what permit is required to beat the crap out of the yahoo dating your daughter though. I suspect you would be unlikely to face charges on that count ;)

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TAB56 View Post
    I have a guy seeing my step-daughter in nc Ft. Bragg he carries and says he says nc is a concealed carry (no permit required) state. ( I don't think so) then he says NC is a open carry state (but i think you still need a ccw) the question is please confirm if i'm right and is there anything i don't that a military person has less restrictions than we do, oh also NC is not his resident state he is from the mid-west i'm from florida so i don't now everything about NC except what i read on the USACarry website Thanks
    That guy is confused. If he is CCing he needs a permit in NC. If he has a permit from his state and it has reciprocity with NC he is okay, if he does not he can only OC. Anything else and you might have to bail him out of jail.

    The military has rather more than less restrictions and I have never read anything that would give active duty military and extra rights, outside of their official duties of course (say MPs on post).

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Anything else and you might have to bail him out of jail.
    I don't know about any of you other step dads out there, but I ain't about to bail any boyfriend of hers out of jail!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I don't know about any of you other step dads out there, but I ain't about to bail any boyfriend of hers out of jail!
    Well, isn't that just the best of it. You can bail him out. Or NOT.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    SO am I feeling some discourse concerning some Active Duty Member? Nothing wrong with a young man in the service. Has my appreciation and respect. NOW if he's blowing wind......might need some correction. As for the young lady, if she's 18 or over I'd of hope you had set some base line of standards while raising her. Too late now to take corrective action on her choices.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    SO am I feeling some discourse concerning some Active Duty Member? Nothing wrong with a young man in the service. Has my appreciation and respect. NOW if he's blowing wind......might need some correction. As for the young lady, if she's 18 or over I'd of hope you had set some base line of standards while raising her. Too late now to take corrective action on her choices.
    Yes, the youg man certainly has my respect to for serving his country. But, if he's off duty he has to play by the same laws as the rest of us and he would be well advised not to carry concealed without a permit.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast