Alcohol and concealed carry - Page 15
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    People is the key word.

Just because the court says so does not make it right. 200 yrs ago the Kings court Banned weapons here, look what happened. They keep messing with our rights and people are going to quit backing down. It has already started, Alaska, Arizona etc..
    Sorry, had a few drinks before I wrote this.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Am I missing something? I reviewed recent replies and find myself in the middle of 2A, not an alcohol binge. Hey Ed: You mention something about drinking in your last reply. I surely hope your drinking did not coincide with driving or CC. IMO, anyone over 08 and either drinking or CC should be willing to face the consequences---a considerable fine the first time and jailtime the second time; a third time and I hope I never see them again. If something should happen while they are over 08 and it causes a death, either by car or firearm--goodbye, good luck, have a nice time in jail--hope the manslaugher/2nd degree murder charges bode well on them. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Am I missing something? I reviewed recent replies and find myself in the middle of 2A, not an alcohol binge. Hey Ed: You mention something about drinking in your last reply. I surely hope your drinking did not coincide with driving or CC. IMO, anyone over 08 and either drinking or CC should be willing to face the consequences---a considerable fine the first time and jailtime the second time; a third time and I hope I never see them again. If something should happen while they are over 08 and it causes a death, either by car or firearm--goodbye, good luck, have a nice time in jail--hope the manslaugher/2nd degree murder charges bode well on them. Just sayin.
    Unfortunately, when the "Any Weapon, Any Time, Anywhere" crew can no longer defend their POV they resort to the time-honored copout of screaming that those of us with a bit of common sense are violating 2A.

"THERE'S NOTHING IN 2A ABOUT ______________ !!" [fill in the blank] has become their rallying cry. I see it as a white flag.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    You know that there are people out there walking the streets who shouldn't be allowed to have a firearm.
    I believe this where the 2nd Amendment was brought into the discussion.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

You non - alcohol people must really hate the old western movies.
    Ed

Why? Nothing wrong with westerns and not drinking.

You mean the ones where the cowboys can't bring their guns into town because they get too drunk and shoot the place up???

Unforgiven, Tombstone, Destry Rides Again, etc. etc.
    I love those movies!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

The 2010 Florida Statutes(including Special Session A)

Title XLVI
    CRIMES Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS View Entire Chapter

790.151 Using firearm while under the influence of alcoholic beverages, chemical substances, or controlled substances; penalties.—(1) As used in ss. 790.151-790.157, to “use a firearm” means to discharge a firearm or to have a firearm readily accessible for immediate discharge.
    (2) For the purposes of this section, “readily accessible for immediate discharge” means loaded and in a person’s hand.
    (3) It is unlawful and punishable as provided in subsection (4) for any person who is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired, to use a firearm in this state.
    (4) Any person who violates subsection (3) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    (5) This section does not apply to persons exercising lawful self-defense or defense of one’s property.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 91-84; s. 1210, ch. 97-102.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    Read (2) for purposes of this section, "readily accessible for imediate discharge" means loaded and in a persons hand.

That is pretty clear to me, means you can have a wepon on you so long as you do not have it in your hand.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Unfortunately, when the "Any Weapon, Any Time, Anywhere" crew can no longer defend their POV they resort to the time-honored copout of screaming that those of us with a bit of common sense are violating 2A.

"THERE'S NOTHING IN 2A ABOUT ______________ !!" [fill in the blank] has become their rallying cry. I see it as a white flag.
    Wow. And this tells me everything I need to know about you. You believe that standing behind the Constitution and Bill of Rights to be a copout.

Also what common sense have you pointed out? All I have seen is you going on about how people need to be controlled or they might do something stupid.

You mean the ones where the cowboys can't bring their guns into town because they get too drunk and shoot the place up???

Unforgiven, Tombstone, Destry Rides Again, etc. etc.
    I love those movies!
    Unfortunately most people get their education and form their world view from the things they see on t.v.. I now have a better understanding of why you hold the opinions you do.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Hey B2Tall: I agree with your statement that there are people out there who should not be walking around CC. The problem is who is suppose to be the "decider" and what should be the standards? Personally, the simplest standard is the 08. If that is good enough for a driver who can kill, it should be good enough for a CC. IMO, as I have stated, the penalties for both should be very very clear, very very strict and draconian, and should be enforced to the fullest. You are given a privilege and if you are a kindergarden child when it comes to your responsibilites, you ought to be spanked---harshly. I am sick and tired of everyone having excuses for immoral and illegal behaviour in this country.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast