Alcohol and concealed carry - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and concealed carry

I think I'll start shopping at Double Shot Liquor and Guns in Schulenburg Texas!

Using .08 is fine for a legal standard.

But if a person is carrying because of fear of facing a life threatening situation, then why would they reduce the effectiveness of their weapon, by reducing their ability to respond, by .07 or .06 or .05 or .04 or .03 or .02 BAC?

It is difficult to take someone seriously who says "I need to carry to protect my life, unless of course I feel like having a beer or two, then the need to protect my life is not as great as my desire to have a beer or two."

And do you really want someone with a .04 to .07 BAC making decisions about whether to discharge a weapon in a public setting?

I sure wouldn't want them driving my children anywhere.

Does Not MIX! Drink don't carry! Carry don't drink!

5. ATF - Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms - should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I think I'll start shopping at Double Shot Liquor and Guns in Schulenburg Texas!
    They have a drive thru - no waiting.

7. I just broke ALL the rules!

Wife, daughter and I went to Applebee's for my wife's birthday. I had 2 that's right, TWO beers with dinner and then after dinner we went shopping at Wal Mart. As always, I open carried the entire time.

OMG... I guess I am lucky to have survived and am alive and well to tell this tale!

The only thing lacking was that I forgot to wear my CCW Badge...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Wife, daughter and I went to Applebee's for my wife's birthday. I had 2 that's right, TWO beers with dinner and then after dinner we went shopping at Wal Mart. As always, I open carried the entire time.

OMG... I guess I am lucky to have survived and am alive and well to tell this tale!

The only thing lacking was that I forgot to wear my CCW Badge...
    I'm glad that you had an uneventful dinner and shopping trip. However, don't think that just because nothing has ever happened to you, that it won't happen in the future, or it won't happen to someone else. I think the point some of the posters are trying to make is that there is a possibility that something could happen. In that case, your abilities would be impaired, even having had only 2 drinks.

Its a personal choice. I choose not to drink at all. Others choose to drink. Last time I checked, it was still legal to do so. In my opinion, I think its a poor choice to drink and carry. But each person has to make that choice for themselves.

I'm so glad NavyLT finds it humorous to drink 2 beers and open carry. No one is talking about 2 beers here--at least when it comes to a standard of behaviour, which, right or wrong, (at least for driving) is 08. When NavyLT takes the same kind of attitude after 5 or 6beers in say an hour or some kind of alcohol intake that will make him blow greater than 08in some kind of LEO stop, I doubt he will be so humorous. This subject is not funny--too many people die from it--at least by cars. Not sure what, if any, firearm injuries/fatalities can actually be attributed to being drunk, but it would seem that confrontations that could or have led to problems is a certainty.

I'm sorry... common sense went which way ??

Excuse me while I run over to the Brady folks and let 'em know that they HAVE won the war. We are now (apparently) in favor of legislating away everyone's right to carry unless they can show incontrovertible evidence that they do not, have not and never will use or come in contact with any type of mind altering substances.

For those of us that cannot show such proof... anyone that has ever had or thought of having a drink, used any type of cough/cold medicine, smoke a cigarette (or any other smokable), gone to the dentist and had gas used (perhaps even novacaine) or been in the presence of paint thinner.... All of you... line up, turn in your guns and await your victimization.

Yeah, yeah... a bit extreme but.... do you really think that if we cannot take responsibility for one situation and allow it to be forged into legislation that any of the others are far behind. Isn't this the prohibition theory... since "people" cannot be trusted to use alcohol in moderation, then we (the nanny state "we") MUST in fact enforce by rule of law total obedience to abstention.
    All of the items listed above, and many many more I am sure, create at a minimum a euphoric state, so shouldn't they be listed as disqualifiers ?? I mean... can you REALLY trust a house painter that used turpentine to clean his brushes ???

It amazes me that we are SOOOOOO quick to complain about be regulated to death, having to get a carry license, having our constitutional rights infringed and then we turn around and look for ways to make someone else (the government) responsible for our behavior. I find NOTHING funny about NavyLT's narrative. I think that it's ridiculous that he has to justify his action to a group of people that SHOULD know better. John Lott, in a recent article, commented that license holders are MORE responsible and less likely to break the law than many other citizens. Perhaps what he should have said is that they are better regulated into proper (insert liberal definition here) behavior, because all I hear is folks trying to regulate/legislate others behavior. If you are concerned with your own ability to make a rational adult decision, then by all means leave your gun at home and risk being a victim, or stay at home and lock up your guns and send the keys to Paul Helmke to look after for you.
    Either way, make sure that you have 911 on speed dial... and good luck !!!

My rant for the week...
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

NO WAY! Not worth loosing the privlege!

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast