Alcohol and concealed carry - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and concealed carry

1. Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    What I do not like is the restriction on carrying a firearm in a business that sells alcohol for on-site consumption (such as a restaurant, which is where it is a major inconvenience to me). I can't carry even if I don't drink. Hopefully SC will change that part of the law soon.
    Even though somewhere, sometime, somebody probably said, "But it's for the sake of the children!"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Dram Shop laws in the US make those who serve alcohol to an inebriated person responsible for damages caused by that person.
    when was the last time any of them was charged with a crime or lost their priviledge to sell alcohol by dosage . I think Mass. has licensing in place.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    when was the last time any of them was charged with a crime or lost their priviledge to sell alcohol by dosage . I think Mass. has licensing in place.
    The Dram Shop acts impose civil, rather than criminal, liability. Most recent case I know of was a court decision this past March hol;ding the operator of Shea Stadium liable for a drunk that fell on a woman and injured her during a mets game.

Dram shop cases are very common.

The argument you use to justify DWI laws are the same argument used to justify gun laws. People with guns kill more people the drunk drivers do. So why are you for DWI laws but against gun laws. Because the gun laws affects something you like.
    If you liked walking around bare foot and they passed a law against it, You would be pissed. But if they pass a law against wearing shoes you would say a thing because you don't wear shoes any way.

That is the way everybody thinks. Before you know it, walking is against the law.

Freedom: The lack of a specific constraint, or of constraints in general; a state of being free, unconstrained.

Now are you free?
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Wife, daughter and I went to Applebee's for my wife's birthday. I had 2 that's right, TWO beers with dinner and then after dinner we went shopping at Wal Mart. As always, I open carried the entire time.

OMG... I guess I am lucky to have survived and am alive and well to tell this tale!

The only thing lacking was that I forgot to wear my CCW Badge...
    Well being that you ate at Applebee's, I would have to assume that you did not see one of those no breastfeeding signs you mentioned on another thread.

So then I need to ask another question. Did you bring your sheepdog with you?

7. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    So then I need to ask another question. Did you bring your sheepdog with you?
    She's a mean drunk....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

(1) Under the influence of alcohol or any drug or any combination of alcohol and any drug to the extent that it is unsafe for the person to discharge such firearm except in the defense of life, health, and property;
    NavyLT post says it all, but only a fool borrows trouble. That is what you would be doing by drinking and carrying.
    Booze, drugs and guns do not typically mix well. Do I believe that I could have a couple beers or wine and make rational decisions? Yes. But then that is not the issue is it? You automatically forfiet some of your rights when you consume alcohol. It does not matter if you believe that or not, and it does not matter what the law says. You loose credibility in the courts of the land and you endanger the possible future rights of other armed citizens. If you are going to drink and carry, do it on private property, preferably your own.
    JC
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

9. 2nd Ammendment and alcohol

Back in the day, water was unsafe and beer was because it was boiled. Infringed is an interesting word. Each state has its own law regarding drinking and carrying. I work to change the laws which I believe infringe on my rights. However, I am not going to violate one of the laws which could cause my carry permit to be revoked. My advise is to understand the law where you carry and drink.

My humble opinions are do not mix mind altering chemicals with firearms, which includes alcohol. I think someone ought to only be subject to arrest if their behaviors warrant it and quietly possessing a tool is not a poor behavior. The legislature and courts might disagree with my opinions. I have no legal training nor licenses.

10. You just have to look into it per individual state. I know most ban it in an establishment that makes 51% or higher of it's profits from alcohol, but here in Indiana there is no law pertaining to carry and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    You just have to look into it per individual state. I know most ban it in an establishment that makes 51% or higher of it's profits from alcohol, but here in Indiana there is no law pertaining to carry and alcohol.
    And how is the average person supposed to determine that percentage?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast