Alcohol and concealed carry - Page 23
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Alcohol and concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And how is the average person supposed to determine that percentage?
    Ask.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And how is the average person supposed to determine that percentage?
    ASK?! That is EXACTLY what we were taught when we obtained our license in MO. (Or don't ask. But remember you are on your own and concealed means concealed.) My rule of thumb... If it has a bar in it, they are getting more than 51%. That would mean many of the popular steak houses would be out. (Longhorn, Outback, etc.) I don't bother asking, I just don't go.

On the other side, if I am drinking, I am not carrying a weapon. (Ever) Since I quit drinking when I started carrying, I'm always carrying. My liability insurance may cover a shooting, but it may not cover punitive damages! It is your retirement, do what you want.

Psalm 82:3-5

One should consider that alcohol and firearms is not a wise idea. If you get in an accident or just pulled over and found you were drinking is bad enough, but if you have a firearm may be the worse thing you will experience depending on the judge you get at your hearing. Best thing Do Not Drink and carry a firearm or drive then you will not have to ask
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Ask.
    Ask whom? The manager? I doubt even he will know.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Ask whom? The manager? I doubt even he will know.
    Yup. The manager should know. Most of the time it's pretty easy to tell without asking. In Florida the law is designed to keep guns out of the party spots where people are getting drunk on a consistent basis. It's not really in place to keep people from having a couple of drinks with a meal.

If you ask a manager and get the OK, you're pretty much in the clear regardless of the actual facts. You've done your part as a conscientous, law-abiding citizen. The state of Florida doesn't expect people to inherently know whether a place that serves alcohol is considered a bar or a restaurant.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Yup. The manager should know. Most of the time it's pretty easy to tell without asking. In Florida the law is designed to keep guns out of the party spots where people are getting drunk on a consistent basis. It's not really in place to keep people from having a couple of drinks with a meal.

If you ask a manager and get the OK, you're pretty much in the clear regardless of the actual facts. You've done your part as a conscientous, law-abiding citizen. The state of Florida doesn't expect people to inherently know whether a place that serves alcohol is considered a bar or a restaurant.
    That's refreshingly sensible!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223