Alcohol and concealed carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and concealed carry

Hey guys: You are given a drivers license to move something around that can easily cause fatalities and does so at alarming regularity. You are given a CCWP to carry a firearm that can easily cause fatalities but, to my knowledge, at infinitesimal regularity, even if above the established 08 rule. Personally, I see no difference--if anything, based on statistics, I would have greater penalties and stricter enforcement for the drivers than the CC person. At the very least, strict penalties and strict enforcement for both permitees should be consistent. The idea that a CC someone. after belting down a few, is going to go on a rampage, while his counterpart is not going to kill someone in his car does not make sense. Bottom line: same criteria for both, but I would up the ante on penalty--severely. No car, no gun, for some length of time and expensive fine for first time; jail for the second time, really bad jail time for anytime after.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolljegeren View Post
    You still believe in "To Protect and Serve?"
    In general, yes. For my personal protection, no.

I've got the blinders on?

The Second Amendment 'reasonable' restrictions are BS. Someone wrote: "Shall not be infringed" DO NOT somehow translate into "reasonable restrictions apply". I subscribe to that. Anything else is a slippery slope - has been and still is.

People like you are a danger to this country with your 'sensible' restrictions.
    Do you even have a concealed weapons permit? Do you even own a gun?? If you do I doubt if it will be for very much longer.

You do have blinders on. All you can see is the one sentence that comprises the 2nd Amendment. You're ignoring the rest of the Constitution and the way it has been put into effect over the last 200 years. Even the men who wrote it knew it wasn't a blank check for the citizens of this country (or the Fed) to do whatever they want whenever they want.

Freedom of Speech doesn't give somebody the right to lie during a business deal.
    Freedom of Religion doesn't give somebody the right to deny critical medical care to their child in favor of prayer.
    The right to bear arms doesn't give somebody the right to carry on private property if the property owner says "no".
    The God-given right to defend oneself doesn't give a 6'5" 250lb healthy man the right to pull out a gun and shoot a 5' 100lb woman just because the woman threatened him with a dinner fork.

And the list goes on and on.........

Some of the "reasonable restrictions" to the Constitution that I've listed above were supported by the Founding Fathers themselves.

If it was up to you (and I'm thankful it isn't), everyone would be able to carry not just pistols but hand-grenades, machine guns, rocket launchers, poison gas, nukes, and any other "arm" they wanted, wherever and whenver they wanted, and they'd be able to use them pretty much at the drop of a hand.

Well "Troll" (how fitting), I suggest you go out and find a heart defibrillator, press it to your ears, then discharge it. It might jump-start your brain.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    In general, yes. For my personal protection, no.
    You're, like the rest of us, entitled to your own opinions. I'm happy that your encounters (or news articles) with the police have not yet ruined your view of the LE community.

It's good to comprehend that your well-being is your personal responsibility.

Stay safe.

6. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Do you even have a concealed weapons permit? Do you even own a gun?? If you do I doubt if it will be for very much longer.
    No I don't. My license reads 'a permit to carry a pistol.'

No I don't. My wife and I own 52 firearms.

The third argument of yours is, of course, asinine. Is that the best you can do ... really?

You do have blinders on. All you can see is the one sentence that comprises the 2nd Amendment.
    Try to focus. This thread is about drinking and guns, a Second Amendment issue. Capishe?

The rest of your rant I'll simply ignore.

The God-given right to defend oneself doesn't give a 6'5" 250lb healthy man the right to pull out a gun and shoot a 5' 100lb woman just because the woman threatened him with a dinner fork.
    I'll promise I'll use you as an example in my next self-defense class; you're being hilarious.

Some of the "reasonable restrictions" to the Constitution that I've listed above were supported by the Founding Fathers themselves.

If it was up to you (and I'm thankful it isn't), everyone would be able to carry not just pistols but hand-grenades, machine guns, rocket launchers, poison gas, nukes, and any other "arm" they wanted, wherever and whenver they eanted, and they'd be able to use them pretty much at the drop of a hand.
    It is people like you that we need to worry about, because you're ready to give away every right our forefathers have been fighting for.

BTW, people in this country (Are you even an American?) own machine guns, jet fighters, artillery, tanks, etc.

Well "Troll" (how fitting),
    Since your Norwegian lacks, I'll translate it for you: Troll Hunter. Get it? It's rather silly and childish to attack one's handle in lieu of an intelligent argument, but we all understand from where you're coming.

I suggest you go out and find a heart defibrillator, press it to your ears, then discharge it. It might jump-start your brain.
    Ah, a personal attack. MODERATORS !!!

No I don't. My license reads 'a permit to carry a pistol.'

No I don't. My wife and I own 52 firearms.

The third argument of yours is, of course, asinine. Is that the best you can do ... really?

Try to focus. This thread is about drinking and guns, a Second Amendment issue. Capishe?

The rest of your rant I'll simply ignore.

I'll promise I'll use you as an example in my next self-defense class; you're being hilarious.

It is people like you that we need to worry about, because you're ready to give away every right our forefathers have been fighting for.

BTW, people in this country (Are you even an American?) own machine guns, jet fighters, artillery, tanks, etc.

Since your Norwegian lacks, I'll translate it for you: Troll Hunter. Get it? It's rather silly and childish to attack one's handle in lieu of an intelligent argument, but we all understand from where you're coming.

Ah, a personal attack. MODERATORS !!!
    Wow! The self-appointed Supreme Overlord of the 2nd Amendment is swinging his sceptre with gusto!

This thread is about a restriction to the 2nd amendment. My examples of restrictions to other parts of the constitution (and to the 2A) are entirely valid in this thread.

Yes, people legally own machine guns but they need permits to do so. You would have no such restrictions.

Artillery? Outside of an antique please tell me what private citizen residing in the US has a functioning, weaponized peice artillery that they can use to fire explosive rounds. Jet fighters? Not with guns on them. Ditto for tanks.

I see you dodged the primary point of my post - that you believe anybody should be able to carry (or drive, or fly, etc.) any weapon any time. Do you teach that in your self-defense class - dodging valid points folowed by a tactical change of subject?? LMAO!

It must really get you PO'd knowing that millions and millions of people in this country (private property owners) can, under certain circumstances, completely deny you your 2A rights. I love it!

I'd say you're hilarious if your POV wasn't so reckless and alarming.

I'm actually for any adult person to be allowed to carry with the exception of violent criminals.

I meant to comment on this earlier.

Actually you have two 2A exceptions in that sentence. Nowhere in the 2A (or the Constitution) is there anything that says a non-adult can't carry or anything about violent criminals carrying.

Well my friend, don't look now but you've just thrown your support behind a couple of reasonable exceptions! Welcome to the club!

Weird I know I typed it in english but for some reason you anti 2nd amendment people just over looked it.

What makes a government officials safety more important then my safety? If you are willing to let off duty police carry their firearms in to bars for their safety why is it that my right to safety is being infringed upon?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Here in Fla just because a restaurant serves alcohol doesn't mean you can't carry there. It's all about the primary source of income for that establishment - food or alcohol. If alcohol is the primary bread-winner then the place is considered a bar and bars are a "place of nuisance" and carry is prohibited.
    And how is the average person supposed to be able to determine that?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And how is the average person supposed to be able to determine that?
    As somebody said before: "That's why I always ask to see their balance sheet when I walk in the door!". That law is well meant but in actuality not very practical.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast