Alcohol and concealed carry - Page 7
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    There is a difference between drinking and carrying and drinking at home.
    I agree.
    Although if I were in the mood to drink a bit Id certainly make sure I put my guns well out of reach beforehand.

For the latter the law does allow some leeway as it should since you can't very well be expected to not defend yourself at home just because you had a beer with dinner (and you don't get to choose the point of time you are being attacked).
    No here in Ohio.
    Drink while carrying and you lose your CHL.
    Hopefully they make it a felony charge if it isnt already.
    Sorry....zero tolerance on this one as far as Im concerned.

You should also cut everybody just a little slack because not everybody who ever consumes any alcohol is a drunk. Most are not.
    Irrelevant.
    Using a drug that mentally and physically impairs a person is absolute STUPIDITY when carrying a deadly weapon.
    No one has to agree with me...feel free to simply put me on ignore if you want....just as everyone else here can who doesnt like what Ive got to say about it.

Personally I do not carry and consume since I do not believe it to be a good mix and it's not legal here.
    so you admit that its not a good mix, but Im supposedly out of line if Im saying the same thing and being adamant about it?

Hey Ruger: To requote jg's quote, "there is no difference between drinking and driving and drinking and carrying"---THEY BOTH KILL

Not that I recommend drinking & carrying....but I still feel it would be better to be judged by 12...than to be carried by 6

Hey DWB: I assume you also would not recommend drinking and driving, which, by statistics, is a lot more deadly. Typical of this country these days. Legislators know what is best for all of us, not them and that have to go into nanny mode to make decisions about the vast unwashed. Hypocrisy galore. Drink and kill someone in your car--no problem. Drink and have one of those big bad guns, and they have a hissy fit. If you go over 08 and kill someone, car or drive---it is murder--period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    I agree.
    Although if I were in the mood to drink a bit Id certainly make sure I put my guns well out of reach beforehand.

No here in Ohio.
    Drink while carrying and you lose your CHL.
    Hopefully they make it a felony charge if it isnt already.
    Sorry....zero tolerance on this one as far as Im concerned.

Irrelevant.
    Using a drug that mentally and physically impairs a person is absolute STUPIDITY when carrying a deadly weapon.
    No one has to agree with me...feel free to simply put me on ignore if you want....just as everyone else here can who doesnt like what Ive got to say about it.

so you admit that its not a good mix, but Im supposedly out of line if Im saying the same thing and being adamant about it?

I was primarily referring to the fact that if you get attacked at home and defend yourself with a firearm you don't automatically get your permit taken away if you'd had a beer with dinner. Otherwise nobody would ever be able to enjoy anything but apple juice ever. Since you do't exactly get to choose the point of time when this happens.

I was primarily referring to the fact that if you get attacked at home and defend yourself with a firearm you don't automatically get your permit taken away if you'd had a beer with dinner. Otherwise nobody would ever be able to enjoy anything but apple juice ever. Since you do't exactly get to choose the point of time when this happens.
    If remaining armed while ingesting alcohol is an exercise of poor judgment and irresponsible, then it is equally so whether you are home or in public.

Enough now. A beer with dinner isn't getting hammered, get real.

Enough now. A beer with dinner isn't getting hammered, get real.
    It isn't a matter of "getting hammered" - it is a matter understanding that a person who ingest enough alcohol to have an impact on his or her motor skills and judgment should give consideration to disarming, and perhaps should also examine their relationship with alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It isn't a matter of "getting hammered" - it is a matter understanding that a person who ingest enough alcohol to have an impact on his or her motor skills and judgment should give consideration to disarming, and perhaps should also examine their relationship with alcohol.
    Why? Because of some behavior they might engage in? . You and others like you seem to be bent on controlling the actions of others.

I attended a dinner the other night for those of us on the volunteer fire dept. I was carrying and I had 4 SoCo and Cokes. Not only did I not pull my gun out the thought never crossed my mind.

Those that will act irresponsibly will do so with or without alcohol. If people can be entrusted with the responsibility of carrying a firearm why should they not be trusted with the responsibility of consuming alcohol?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Hey Y'all: 08 says it all. Higher, you are an idiot to drive or CC and deserve jailtime.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast