Alcohol and concealed carry - Page 8
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: 08 says it all. Higher, you are an idiot to drive or CC and deserve jailtime.
    And they might even take your CCW Badge away.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I attended a dinner the other night for those of us on the volunteer fire dept. I was carrying and I had 4 SoCo and Cokes. Not only did I not pull my gun out the thought never crossed my mind.
    So why were you carrying a weapon? If you have no intent of using it when your mind has been clouded by alcohol, why have it on your person at all?

Those that will act irresponsibly will do so with or without alcohol. If people can be entrusted with the responsibility of carrying a firearm why should they not be trusted with the responsibility of consuming alcohol?
    Because alcohol affects a person's motor skills, judgment, perception, and ability to reason.

Would you be concerned with an LEO having 4 alcoholic drinks at lunch while on a shift or even for breakfast before a shift? A commercial airline pilot? Your child's school buss driver?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    So why were you carrying a weapon? If you have no intent of using it when your mind has been clouded by alcohol, why have it on your person at all?

Because alcohol affects a person's motor skills, judgment, perception, and ability to reason.

Would you be concerned with an LEO having 4 alcoholic drinks at lunch while on a shift or even for breakfast before a shift? A commercial airline pilot? Your child's school buss driver?
    I never "intend" to use my weapon. I didn't say I wouldn't use my weapon if needed. What I said was that consuming alcohol did not cause me to act in an irresponsible manner with my firearm.

Your use of police, pilots and school bus drivers is pointless. Of course I would have a problem with it. Those people are engaged in a continual activity where being under the influence could have a serious impact on performance.

I would not go shoot a match after I had been drinking. The carrying of a firearm while under the influence in case I need to defend my life is not the same thing.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

I never "intend" to use my weapon. I didn't say I wouldn't use my weapon if needed. What I said was that consuming alcohol did not cause me to act in an irresponsible manner with my firearm.

Your use of police, pilots and school bus drivers is pointless. Of course I would have a problem with it. Those people are engaged in a continual activity where being under the influence could have a serious impact on performance.

I would not go shoot a match after I had been drinking. The carrying of a firearm while under the influence in case I need to defend my life is not the same thing.
    Really? You must be a very good shot under pressure. No chance of missing your target, no chance of making a mistake. Even alcohol can't inhibit your super human powers.

You are a brady campaign poster boy with that attitude.

Really? You must be a very good shot under pressure. No chance of missing your target, no chance of making a mistake. Even alcohol can't inhibit your super human powers.

You are a brady campaign poster boy with that attitude.
    As long as were name calling, your a moron.

Are you saying that as long as you don't have any alcohol in your system you have no chance of missing your target or making a mistake? I doubt that was what you were implying but you seem to like twisting words and adding to them so I figured I would try it too.

Could alcohol affect my aim in a self defense situation? Sure. So could a lot of other things. Honestly I would be more worried about the adrenaline dump that would occur in a self defense situation affecting my abilities than the 4 drinks I had spread throughout the evening.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Those that will act irresponsibly will do so with or without alcohol.
    This statement couldn't possibly be further from the truth.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

8. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    This statement couldn't possibly be further from the truth.
    You're right, man. A guy who carries while drinking is going to completely shoot up a tavern after consuming one drink. That's what people who drink and carry guns do.
    REPEAL THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL NATIONAL FIREARMS AND GUN CONTROL ACTS

A school bus driver falls under the same BAC as I do. .04. So even 2 drinks could put them into DUI territory.How Alcohol Effects Us: The Biphasic Curve gives a chart.

Are you saying that as long as you don't have any alcohol in your system you have no chance of missing your target or making a mistake? I doubt that was what you were implying but you seem to like twisting words and adding to them so I figured I would try it too.
    I have no idea what your self defense skills are like when you are sober, but I'm certain they aren't better when you have been drinking.

Could alcohol affect my aim in a self defense situation? Sure. So could a lot of other things. Honestly I would be more worried about the adrenaline dump that would occur in a self defense situation affecting my abilities than the 4 drinks I had spread throughout the evening.
    Alcohol not only inhibits your motor skills, it also clouds your judgment and reasoning ability. You won't be better armed after ingesting alcohol, you'll just be a better victim to the thugs and a greater risk of danger to the people around you.

If you are going to arm yourself out of fear of losing your life, then it is counterproductive to reduce your ability to do so by ingesting alcohol. The only reason left for having a weapon at your side when you've been drinking is to show it off.

You should carefully examine your relationship to alcohol. From your statements it appears that even when you life might be at risk, you can't resist drinking. That and the denial are classic signs.

You should carefully examine your relationship to alcohol. From your statements it appears that even when you life might be at risk, you can't resist drinking. That and the denial are classic signs.
    What?
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast