Training for Virginia Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training for Virginia Permit

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I don't know how. Enlighten me.
    Something along the lines of the NES Zapper comes to mind. BTW the U.S. Army thought the Zapper was such a neat idea they rigged up an M16 version so you could play Hogan's Alley and Duck Hunt with an M16.

I guess we'll just disagree on that point.
    No problem, we can agree to disagree.

I'd probably starve to death if I had to make a living running qualification courses for hire. They wouldn't be particularly easy so few would want the hassle.
    You sound like me. I do industrial maintenance qualification training. My courses are NOT easy! The people that go through them, however, all say that it is the best training they have ever gone through.
    Exercising my right to own and arm bears

Hey in case u didn't know

Quote Originally Posted by wirenut View Post
    Hello, new to the board. Does anyone know if there are training opportunities on line which would fulfil the Virginia training requirement? "Free" training on line would be even better. I've owned firearms of one sort or another since I was about 10 years old. Any help at all would be great. Thank you!!
    In Va all u need to qualify for a permit is a hunter education or hunter safety course now that the laws have changed.

And since those are given out for free at pretty much any school in Va and u probably already have one if u've ever had a hunting license u do NOT have to have any kind of class

While i recommend u get some training it is NOT necessary to get ur permit.
    Also would recommend OCing sometimes just on principle .

Just received my five-year renewal in the mail today...a grand total of 18 days including mailing time. They don't horse around here in VA. Don't recall what my initial permit took but doesn't seem like it was even 30 days.

3X PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12