Concealed carry in a business suit?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry in a business suit??

I suggest looking at the Ruger LCP or Keltec 380. Both are very thin (less than 3/4") and will work well in a pocket holster.

(I have the LCP.)

3. BushWacker shoulder holster might work for you

First off, I am NO EXPERT : ) , but I just purchased a BushWacker shoulder holster this weekend at a gun show. They say it's like a belly band, only much better. It really did seem to be great for concealment with a variety of different guns. The gun would sit basically under your arm area. Obviously, this doesn't allow for a quick draw use, but unbutton one shirt button and you have access. Might not be ideal for you, but it beats leaving your gun home because you are worried about printing. Just a thought, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ohio pat View Post
    It doesn't really matter if you are in a suit or sport coat.

The best solution for you is using a pocket holster.

There are pocket holsters for the smith 642 models with concealed hammers so you can shoot from the pocket in an emergency or you can carry a ruger or kel tec 380.

I would not recommend anything smaller than that.

NAA makes a 22 magnum mini revolver. I have never seen any figures on successful stops using that small pistol but some actual information from real shooting situations would be nice to read.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. On the North American Arms website there is a section telling about individuals who have used the NAA mini-revolver. Ther is also an article about the NAA min-revolver on a website called 'Snubnose'. I have in the past seen another list but Ive been unable to find the website again. I can tell you that Ive had to rely on my NAA 22 mag mini twice and both times the would be assailant saw the gun and ran without me saying a word or firing. I realize that other guns have more stopping power but sometimes due to what we wear the NAA mini is perfect. For instance a Hooters girl. I have read in several publications that in 90% of cases where any gun is drawn the BG backs off. Nobody wants to get shot. However make no mistake when my gun comes out I am not bluffing I will shoot. I also realize that while everyone has a favorite or in their opinion a best gun, in my opinion the 22 with you is better than the 357 you left at home. And yes they do make laser sights for the NAA mini. While the NAA mini isnt very accurate at 50 yards nearly all confrontations occur at less than 20 feet and at that range its deadly. And while Im not leo my firearms training was at a leo academy which was the same training anyone had to undergo to be a leo. One other thing I do practice with my NAA mag quite frequently.

If you're looking at getting something new anyway, why not get a pocket size 9mm? Plenty of good options out there and won't be the "big" recoil of the .40 s&w. You can find them in the same size as any .380 and they hold the same # of rounds in a given size magazine.
    I'm personally a fan of Kahr's but you could check out Keltec's PF9 or P11, Ruger just came out the SR9c, Sig has the P290, Kahr PM9 or MK9, or even probably Taurus (I don't know Taurus models off the top of my head).
    Add a quality pocket holster and you'll be good to go. No need to worry about your pant leg coming up when you sit down, taking your jacket off to reveal a belt or shoulder holster, or having to take your pants to the tailor to fit your iwb holster.
    An armed society is a polite society.

6. cam9910 -
    Have you used you deep concealment shoulder holster much yet? I have looked at into those in my researching the different options and those seemed to be one of the better options for me. Please let me know how its working out for you - the pros and cons. I got the impression that it's design would hurt draw time, but I reckon I can always take it out and put in a belt holster when i have a jacket on and the shoulder band would be there when I need it. Thanks for you response and I look forward to hearing how you're liking the holster.

Like Felix, I carry a Sig P238. My pocket holster is made by Pocket Concealment Systems, Inc. PCS also makes a holster, the Tomahawk, which is specifically designed for dress slacks with pockets on the seam.

Pocket Concealment Systems, Inc.: Tomahawk

Quote Originally Posted by shootin.targets View Post
    ...Sig has the P290...
    I keep hoping someone at my local shooting club will show up with one so I can try it out. Like others, I'm intrigued with the SIG handling, reliability and accuracy in a P238-sized handgun with a lot more smack.

3X PM

Virginia NR CCW Permit is NOT VALID in Indiana.
    Spoke to VA Gun Desk they informed me there is NO reciprocity with the
    State of Indiana whatsoever. Please update your maps.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Quote Originally Posted by cortchubby View Post
    Virginia NR CCW Permit is NOT VALID in Indiana.
    Spoke to VA Gun Desk they informed me there is NO reciprocity with the
    State of Indiana whatsoever. Please update your maps.
    Whoa moosebreath, Indiana honors all other state permit/licenses, including non-resident.

OTOH, an IN holder can't use his/her permit in VA since VA doesn't recognize the IN license.

3X PM

Ah thank you!

Moose breath? hahahahah anyway thank you for clearing that up. I spent all day with a dozen or so agencies trying to get a correct answer.

Appreciate the correction mouse nuts. hahaha
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast