Concealed carry in a business suit??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry in a business suit??

1. Concealed carry in a business suit??

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I've really enjoyed all of your comments in reading through the site. I know this has come up here and there on other threads, but I'd like to ask those who wear a business suit everyday how they carry. I thought about ankle carry, but I'm worried that my pants will ride up too high when I sit down. I only wear a jacket to meeting, so shoulder carry is not really an option for me. I don't really want to taylor my suits to carry IWB, though they less fitted between 5 and 7 o'clock Maybe IWB at 5 o'clock?? I would have to have my shirt tucked in, covering my gun. I would like to ankle carry, so please let me know those of you that do successfully/comfortably, I'm just concerned about my pants covering my firearm while I'm sitting down. Thank in advance for your input.

I carry my BUG, a SIG P238, right in my suit jacket pocket in a pocket holster. It doesn't print.

Primary weapon is a SIG P229 carried IWB at around a 4 o'clock position or a bit more, forward cant. But I'm rarely without my jacket on so it's not much of an issue. I have my suit pants tailored 1 inches larger in the waist and that provides more than enough extra room for the SIG + holster.

3X PM

It would really help if you tell us what type of gun you are trying to conceal while wearing a business suit.

5. Thanks for the response Felix. The reason I hesitate to have my slacks taylored for IWB carry is because I have to enter government buildings on a regular basis and it is illegal to carry there. I dont want my pants to only fit when I'm carrying. I appreciate your response however!

6. Kasper - I currently own a Taurus PT140, though Im selling it in the next week or so. I'm not comfortable shooting a gun that small and light in .40 cal. My wife has a Bersa thunder 380 and we both really enjoy shooting it, so Im thinking about getting one of those. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Find a suitable pocket carry gun along with a holster ment for pocket carry. In situations like what you are describing I carry my North American Arms 22 magnum. Remember the 22 with you means more than the 45 at home.

8. SmartCarry

Check out the smart carry holster or thunder wear. I know it seems silly to carry a gun there, but it really works great. I carry a 1911 in a smart carry holster when I wear slacks or a suit. Other times I carry IWB. I work in a church, so you can imagine how often I have to wear slacks.

Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster system, but then again if I wear a tie it's coat and tie for me. Ankle holster is another option. Still another option, http://executivedefense.com/

i carry my bug when in a suit.....it is a keltec p3at with a belt clip .....i just simply use the belt clip as a pocket clip.....

anyone who sees it might think its a pocket knife at worst.....but normally no one notices it....

ccw while wearing suit

It doesn't really matter if you are in a suit or sport coat.

The best solution for you is using a pocket holster.

There are pocket holsters for the smith 642 models with concealed hammers so you can shoot from the pocket in an emergency or you can carry a ruger or kel tec 380.

I would not recommend anything smaller than that.

NAA makes a 22 magnum mini revolver. I have never seen any figures on successful stops using that small pistol but some actual information from real shooting situations would be nice to read.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected]
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hamilton County

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast