Colorado Permitless Carry Bill Advances
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Colorado Permitless Carry Bill Advances

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900

    Colorado Permitless Carry Bill Advances

    http://durangoherald.com/article/20110225/NEWS01/702259...

    "A House panel voted Thursday to allow people to carry concealed guns without a permit.

    House Bill 1205, by Rep. Chris Holbert, R-Parker, mimics laws in Arizona and Alaska that allow people who can legally possess guns to carry them concealed, whether or not they have a special permit."

    And the tide pushes in a littler farther.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. NICE! We need this in GEORGIA BADLY!!!

  4. #3
    But if no permit is required, how will we know who the bad guys and the good guys are?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    But if no permit is required, how will we know who the bad guys and the good guys are?
    Our former idiot Governor made that ridiculous point when he vetoed our state's open carry bill last year. "We already allow (Oh, thank you Lord Gov. Henry for ALLOWING us lowly citizens to carry a handgun) trained and licensed Oklahomans to protect themselves by carrying concealed handguns, and it doesn't make anyone safer to wear a holster and display that weapon to the rest of the public. On the contrary, it makes it more difficult and dangerous for law enforcement officers to try to sort out the good guys and the bad guys when they arrive at a crime scene."

    What a freaking joke!

    Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. I hope Colorado passes that bill. I'm sure the "progressives" in Boulder and Aspen would completely freak out if it were to pass!
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    817
    Does anybody know what states have 'permit-less carry' or as some call it 'Constutional carry' on the table and what the realistic chances of it becomming law are in those states? I know Alaska,Arizona,Vermont already have it.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    But if no permit is required, how will we know who the bad guys and the good guys are?
    CCW Badges.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.357Sig View Post
    and it doesn't make anyone safer to wear a holster and display that weapon to the rest of the public. On the contrary, it makes it more difficult and dangerous for law enforcement officers to try to sort out the good guys and the bad guys when they arrive at a crime scene."
    Yes, I read that too about Oklahoma open carry. OK.... so guns that police officers can see and know are there are more dangerous to them than the guns that are concealed?!?!

    santa,

    3 states have permit-less concealed carry. It looks like about 27 states have permit-less open carry.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    817

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Yes, I read that too about Oklahoma open carry. OK.... so guns that police officers can see and know are there are more dangerous to them than the guns that are concealed?!?!

    santa,

    3 states have permit-less concealed carry. It looks like about 27 states have permit-less open carry.
    Thanks NavyLT. I have another question. Realistically how many and which states might adopt the Alaska-Arizona or Vermont style of concealed carry?

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Thanks NavyLT. I have another question. Realistically how many and which states might adopt the Alaska-Arizona or Vermont style of concealed carry?
    There are active bill in about 10 state legislatures the idea is spreading I expect 2 more by the end of this year
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  11. #10
    currently nobody else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast