Ruger LCP Has No Safety.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger LCP Has No Safety....

1. Our Walther PPQ's are just fine without a manual safety....

Quote Originally Posted by diannabill View Post
    ....except of course KEEPING YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

What do you all think about keeping a bullet chambered while an LCP is in a pocket holster? My thinking is that since it's so small, it may be more difficult to unholster and keep your finger(s) away from the trigger while doing it.

I'm going back and forth on this one - would appreciate your input. Thanks
    I carry mine in a Desantis nemesis. It works great in front or back pocket

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tropiccafe View Post
    Every gun you own should have a manual safety. Being trained to use the safety becomes second nature and is a feature that can save an injury or a life.
    Another first post expert on what/how I should carry. No gun that I own requires a manual safety. I am trained to keep my finger out of the trigger guard until I am ready to shoot. Keeping my finger out of the trigger guard has become second nature, keeping your finger out of the trigger guard saves injury and lives. Thank you for digging up a ONE YEAR OLD thread, Mr. One Post expert.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropiccafe View Post
    I would not even consider chambering a round in a LCP in my pocket. Pocket guns must have a safety.
    The LCP would not be my first choice for a .380 pocket pistol either. Racking a LCP is an easy task and can be done in a split second. Every gun you own should have a manual safety. Being trained to use the safety becomes second nature and is a feature that can save an injury or a life. The Ruger LCP is banned in California and does not pass their safety testing. Resale probably will be low in years to come as most plastic guns. If you want a mini .380 the Sig P238 is a much better choice. Get a safe gun and you will be glad you did. When it comes time to sell you just may make a profit.
    You don't know jack squat. Based on that fact, you shouldn't be telling anyone anything about gun safety.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

A mechanical safety was described to me as a boy in this next sentence. A mechanism that can and will fail when relied upon. You got it right with keeping the finger off the trigger. I have the LCP and it is always hot. That is my personal preference. I will not tell you what to do but IMHO maybe you could unload the gun, magazine and all. Holster the gun in your normal carry position and practice drawing the gun slowly at first. Don't rush, in real life fast is slow. Muscle memory will break the habit of putting your finger where it shouldn't be. I hope this helps you. As far as every gun needing a safety, how many people have you seen at the range lurch downward and flinch as they draw the slack out of the trigger and it doesn't go boom because the safety is on? Imagine that being you and the feeling in your stomach as you realize your life could be over because of it. It's your choice what you carry, I won't judge you. It's my choice what I carry, don't judge me

Now I feel like I made the rookie mistake of not checking the date of the one year old thread. Ooops, well I'm new, hopefully it doesn't earn me too much grief.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BravoSierra2012 View Post
    Now I feel like I made the rookie mistake of not checking the date of the one year old thread. Ooops, well I'm new, hopefully it doesn't earn me too much grief.
    Nah. You just got suckered in by a thread necromancing one post self proclaimed expert who knows what is best for everybody.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Thanks. You're alright, don't care what nogods thinks about you. Thank you for your service sir

Quote Originally Posted by Tropiccafe View Post
    I would not even consider chambering a round in a LCP in my pocket. Pocket guns must have a safety.
    The LCP would not be my first choice for a .380 pocket pistol either. Racking a LCP is an easy task and can be done in a split second. Every gun you own should have a manual safety. Being trained to use the safety becomes second nature and is a feature that can save an injury or a life. The Ruger LCP is banned in California and does not pass their safety testing. Resale probably will be low in years to come as most plastic guns. If you want a mini .380 the Sig P238 is a much better choice. Get a safe gun and you will be glad you did. When it comes time to sell you just may make a profit.
    Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I know whose posts I won't be taking any advice or suggestions from.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    The LCP does have a safety! Well two if you have a brain. The trigger pull is about 10" maybe a foot long.
    Don't get me wrong I love this gun. Keep it in my front pocket or rear hip pocket in proper holster.
    Bingo! The LCP's trigger IS the safety. The trigger pull feels like it is a foot long and ten pounds. You would have to go out of your way to perform a ND with an LCP that is kept in a proper holster. Mine is also kept in a pocket holster with one up the pipe and I feel plenty safe, even though I'm not a macho cowboy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234