CC in a restaurant...that has a bar... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CC in a restaurant...that has a bar...

In TN as the law is interpreted now, you can carry in a resturant with a Bar, as long as the resturant's sales exceed the bar's sales, whats a bit strange is the law also can be interpreted, that you can carry in a Bar but you cannot consume alcohol???????

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Here in Ohio there is a bill in the works again this year to make it so we can be in a place that serves as long as we arent drinking ourselves.
    It was a real pain to disarm just to go into Red Lobster for Valentines day with my wife.
    They dont have a GB sign, so I dont mind giving them the money.
    I live in Ohio as well and the bill is now a law. It does take the standard 90 days to kick in though and that 90 days is up at midnight, Thursday, September 29th. Beginning that Thursday, you will be able to cc in any bar, restaurant, or open air sports stadium that does not have a "no guns" sign just so long as you are not drinking.

Also, the newly eased restrictions for carrying your loaded weapon in your car take effect the same day. Now you can keep your loaded gun on the passenger seat next to you, under your driver's seat, or anywhere you feel like it inside your vehicle as opposed to having it in a holster, center console, glove box, or a case that has a snap, zipper, button, or other type of clasp. Driving around town wearing a gun in a holster is not always pleasant after 20 minutes. Finally some common sense will be law on the 29th.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lavon View Post
    I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I keep asking myself where I CAN and CANNOT carry. Before I even get my permit, I find myself debating IF I should CC every where I go. I'm in and out of my vehicle constantly running errands. I applied for my CC permit in January and have since realized...I'm not going to be able to CC daily. Little aggravating to say the least. I'm not going to break laws to CC, but it's my right to do so (to CC of course). One shouldn't have to alter their entire way of daily living in order to stay a law abiding citizen. Just curious as to what others think...

Example...My family OFTEN frequents a Mexican restaurant in town that is NOT "primarily devoted" to dispensing alcohol. We never sit near the bar area which is centrally located; always in the non-smoking, family residing sections.

Furthermore...the way the law is written in MS it is prohibited... So, NO...will not carry there. I just feel I should be able to. I am wrong?

"13. It is unlawful to carry a firearm in any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages; any portion of an establishment in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose"

Restaurant...Bar? There is no clear cut definition. ALL restaurants around here serve alcohol...So NO CC in any restaurant(s)?
    It seems clear enough to me. The operative phrase is "...that is primarily devoted to such purpose." Yes, the restaurant portion serves alcohol, but not as its primary function. its primarily devoted to serving food and any alcohol served is secondary to the food. The bar section of the establishment is primarily devoted to serving alcohol so you may not carry in that portion of the restaurant.

Yes, you should be constantly aware of where you can and cannot carry. That comes with the territory, so to speak. That also means keeping abreast of any new laws being enacted. I advise you to go directly to your state's codes and learn to read and understand them on your own. If at that point you still don't understand them, you should do two things: 1)Ask your local LEOs their interpretation of the law, since they are who you will be dealing with initially. 2) Spend an hour with a lawyer who specializes in firearms law to get the "rest of the story", if there is one.
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; 09-02-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234