If it's legal to open carry, and concealed carry with a permit... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If it's legal to open carry, and concealed carry with a permit...

1. Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    One thing to remember is this. A partially exposed firearm such as an IWB holster with part of the gun concealed inside your pants would be considered a concealed weapon. As such if you don't have your CCW permit you could be in violation of the law.
    According to what statute? The only state for which that is true, that I am aware of, is Mississippi:

http://www.opencarry.org/ms.html
    Summary
    Mississippi is an open carry state and the state constitution appears to guarantee this right. Further, localities are generally preempted under state law from enacting local gun control ordnances that might restrict open carry. However, Miss. Code 97-37-1 & 45-9-101 operate together to ban carriage of a handgun "concealed in whole or in part" unless the carrier is inside a motor vehicle or possesses a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver. As the Mississippi courts have said that a handgun in a holster is concealed in part, a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver is required to openly carry a handgun in a holster in Mississippi.
    In most states, if the average person can tell that the exposed part of a firearm IS a firearm, it is considered openly carried.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    According to what statute? The only state for which that is true, that I am aware of, is Mississippi:

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Mississippi
    Quote:
    Summary
    Mississippi is an open carry state and the state constitution appears to guarantee this right. Further, localities are generally preempted under state law from enacting local gun control ordnances that might restrict open carry. However, Miss. Code 97-37-1 & 45-9-101 operate together to ban carriage of a handgun "concealed in whole or in part" unless the carrier is inside a motor vehicle or possesses a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver. As the Mississippi courts have said that a handgun in a holster is concealed in part, a License to Carry a Concealed Pistol or Revolver is required to openly carry a handgun in a holster in Mississippi.

In most states, if the average person can tell that the exposed part of a firearm IS a firearm, it is considered openly carried.
    Now that is a weird law.

Missouri and Oklahoma are the only two that I am aware of. I guess I should have said COULD be instead of WOULD be.

My bad.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Someone should walk down the street with a handgun in their hand, pointed at the ground. Then when questioned, "Well, you guys won't allow me to put it in a holster because you butcher the english language, so this is how I have to OC it."

Of course then they would just butcher "brandishing" and arrest you.

Do the taxpayers in that state need to require a dictionary be in front of their judges and legislators?
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Someone should walk down the street with a handgun in their hand, pointed at the ground. Then when questioned, "Well, you guys won't allow me to put it in a holster because you butcher the english language, so this is how I have to OC it."
    This guy in Tennessee did and walked away
    Start at about 03:50

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    This guy in Tennessee did and walked away
    Well I'd say he had his case water tight .
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

@ GoldenEagle
    that's hilarious, this guy really knows his rights. I'm glad that his actions are in response to such an asinine law. I can't believe there is a law on the books that you can't carry a gun in a holster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123