Out of all the states with CWP laws....... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of all the states with CWP laws.......

1. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I had to update my previous postings to reflect NavyLT's promotion to NavyLCDR.
    I'm sorry... I didn't mean to cause anyone any extra trouble! :-)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I'm sorry... I didn't mean to cause anyone any extra trouble! :-)
    As Mr. Scott once said, "It'll be no tribble at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Then shouldn't there be a move nationwide to class cwp in a similar vein as a seeing eye dog and the like where they can't bar them from public businesses ?
    I personally believe that if you open your business to the public, you should respect the public's rights and not just their wallets. BUT it's also THEIR Business and can do whatever they wan't. It sucks. All you can do is not give them a single dime and make sure they know why. It's hard to accomplish because people will go in their anyways and then they win.

I don't think we can/should pass a law that attempts to override personal property rights to force businesses to allow guns on their property. That's a slippery slope as far as property rights are concerned. However we should look at some of the reasons why they may feel compelled to do so: liability and insurance. Many businesses may feel or have been advised that by putting up a sign like that they are shielded from prosecution or are offered some level of protection from civil liability (limiting damages) if they put a "good faith effort" to prevent guns inside their establishment. Good faith effort is in quotes because we all know how useless a sign is in preventing a criminal from entering but I digress.

What if we passed laws that shielded the businesses from liability when they don't prevent legal CCW carriers from entering their establishment. This would remove the excuses of "I don't want to get sued, or the insurance company made me do it". At that point any establishment that stops you from legally carrying is doing it of it's own free will and that would then be a good time to start statewide/national boycotts of the businesses.

As a side note - if I have to leave my gun in the car and I then get shot at company ABC because of their policy - you can bet you ***** that myself or my estate is suing company ABC for damages.

In Arizona if it is posted No Firearms, then you better not enter that Establishment with a firearm. If caught you can be arrested or fined or both. This is up to the businesses, i.e., bars, restaurants, etc., their business, their rules. This does not apply to LEOs on duty.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

7. In Washington you can ignore the signs except at in school buildings, courts, looney bins, jails, bars, outdoor music festivals, and sterile areas of airports.

8. Quote Originally Posted by LibertyorDeath View Post
    In Washington you can ignore the signs except at in school buildings, courts, looney bins, jails, bars, outdoor music festivals, and sterile areas or airports.
    Sterile areas OF airports. Outside the sterile area of an airport is fair game. I know that was just a typo but it does change the meaning a little bit.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Sterile areas OF airports. Outside the sterile area of an airport is fair game. I know that was just a typo but it does change the meaning a little bit.
    Those keys are just too close together.

Now that theres funny..............

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    How about seeing eye dogs carrying firearms?

I don't care who you are, that's funny. Only thing that would be funnier is watching a private property owner try to take that gun from that dog.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I personally believe that if you open your business to the public, you should respect the public's rights and not just their wallets. BUT it's also THEIR Business and can do whatever they wan't. It sucks. All you can do is not give them a single dime and make sure they know why. It's hard to accomplish because people will go in their anyways and then they win.
    Bingo, speak with your wallet. The words are usually louder.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast