Feeling the responsibility
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling the responsibility

Feeling the responsibility

I have had my "hunting and target" permit in NY for ten years and have been training with my two primary firearms and reading these forums extensively for a long time.

With my Springfield 1911 Micro compact in a Supertuck deluxe or my Ruger LCP in a DeSantis pocket holster I finally feel prepared and confident.

I have been undecided about carrying chambered until last night when I read Lowjiber's post, "you might as well be carrying a whistle". There are many posts and threads about the topic but for some reason that one really brought it home.

Anyway, the purpose of my first post here is to thank the professional's, civilian, LEO and military for the knowledge and experience they have shared.

Most of us know that you can never stop learning, it's the knuckleheads that think they know it all.

The knuckleheads that think they know it all are particularly annoying to those of us who do
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I didn't carry chambered until I had proven to myself that I was handling the gun safely. I didn't grow up with guns so I went forth cautiously.

"Responsibility" is certainly the key word in your post. Well trained and practiced individuals abound in the concealed carry community. I'm still constantly amazed by the wealth of information on this and similar sites.

I pray that none will ever have to use their weapon, but thank God they have them.

handgonnetoter Guest
    The only handgun, that I used to carry, without a round in the chamber was a G19 I used to have. I always carry with one in the pipe now.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    The only handgun, that I used to carry, without a round in the chamber was a G19 I used to have. I always carry with one in the pipe now.
    I carry a G22 with a round in the chamber. And it's one of those gosh darned hollow points too.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I carry a G22 with a round in the chamber. And it's one of those gosh darned hollow points too.
    You are on your way STRAIGHT to Hell
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Talking No CCW Badge required

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You are on your way STRAIGHT to Hell
    And I don't even need a CCW Badge.

I'm with you Timothy: I go on these forums to learn and I have learned a lot from members who I perceive to be very learned in the art of self defense, CC, and firearm use. I believe I am a more responsible and better "trained" CCer because of this forum and my hats off to the "really" senior VIP forum members--you know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And I don't even need a CCW Badge.
    Nope, just a sheeeeep dog pin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast