Carrying concealed, should I feel this way? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carrying concealed, should I feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    My wife never liked to carry a gun or even be around one. When going fishing one day, she carried her .38 in a large purse (more to shoot snakes than anything else). I gave it to her just before leaving for Vietnam. She was with her mother and our children on the bank when a man approached them and started talking to them. As he talked to them, he kept inching toward them with a rather menacing look. For once, she remembered what I had told her and just put her hand in her purse and on the gun. He noticed how she was holding her hand and, apparently, thought better of trying to bother them and left. To this day, she does not complain about having a gun around. In a lot of cases, just an implied threat of having a gun on your person is a deterrent to having some BG act stupid.
    I really don't think most people want to actually shoot someone
    , only to be left alone and not have to fear for their safety.
    While for the most part that is vary true. But as B2Tall has already pointed out there are some on this forum who have a "Dirty Harry" mindset of "Make my day" when it comes to using a firearm on another person.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    I have had to pull out my gun more than once and each time the BG went the other way. However I most certainly would have pulled the trigger and shot the BG if he(they) had not retreated right away. I do not bluff.
    You are 100% correct ! God Bless .

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Unfortunately there's a small group of people on this site who seem to be really eager to shoot somebody. It appears as though that's why they bought their guns. A lot of tough talk, chest-thumping, and calling other people cowards for not agreeing with their agressive, testosterone-fueled claims of what they're gonna do in this situation or that situation. I hope in reality they're just filled with hot air. They make the rest of us look bad and give the anti-gun lobby more ammo (pun intended).

Carry your weapon to defend yourself and family from real threats, not from people who call you a name or cut you off in traffic.
    Heck, if people could use them on idiot drivers, Dade County would lose half of its population.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    My wife never liked to carry a gun or even be around one. When going fishing one day, she carried her .38 in a large purse (more to shoot snakes than anything else). I gave it to her just before leaving for Vietnam. She was with her mother and our children on the bank when a man approached them and started talking to them. As he talked to them, he kept inching toward them with a rather menacing look. For once, she remembered what I had told her and just put her hand in her purse and on the gun. He noticed how she was holding her hand and, apparently, thought better of trying to bother them and left. To this day, she does not complain about having a gun around. In a lot of cases, just an implied threat of having a gun on your person is a deterrent to having some BG act stupid. I really don't think most people want to actually shoot someone, only to be left alone and not have to fear for their safety.
    There are definitely times where getting proactive with a gun is necessary for self-defense, especially for women who don't have as many options as men and who face more threats than men. That's a whole different ballgame and your wife obviously wasn't looking for trouble. My scorn is directed at the irresponsible internet Rambos who (at least they claim) strap on the iron and go out and will escalate a situation because they know they're armed and because they're just (in their own minds) natural badasses who see simply leaving the situation as some kind of weakness.

Example: Go read pages 3,4, and 5 of the thread "My First Scary Experience" in this category and you'll see what I'm talking about. If there's anyone who should be prevented from carrying it's some of those......umm....people.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

When I was 19 I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. In a high wind. Maybe 8 or 10 guys in the world could have made that shot. It was the only thing I was ever good at.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    When I was 19 I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out. In a high wind. Maybe 8 or 10 guys in the world could have made that shot. It was the only thing I was ever good at.
    Hey, Martin Riggs hows things in the LAPD? LOL. Outstanding films I love them all even the shitty 4th one.

Thank you, thank you Zander--my thoughts completely. 100% the reason I purchased my firearm after over 65 years of never even having touched a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Hey, Martin Riggs hows things in the LAPD? LOL. Outstanding films I love them all even the shitty 4th one.
    Is 4 the one where they shot a 9mm "Cop Killer" throught the blade on a bull dozer?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Is 4 the one where they shot a 9mm "Cop Killer" throught the blade on a bull dozer?
    No, thats the outstanding 3rd one(1992). The 4th has Chirs Rock and Jet Li in it (1998).

Carrying a gun gives you the very power of life and death right on your hip. For this very reason you must be committed to the highest of moral standards and social responsibility. You must exercise a greater degree of tolerance of your fellow man and self control over your own actions. This is why we teach deterrence, de-escalation and avoidance as a behavioral model. It's the first line of defense while a gun is the last line of defense.

When you use your gun in a defensive situation, even if you're 100% right it will probably ruin your life. Why?
    • You may be arrested and a grand jury may be convened.
    • You may be drug and alcohol tested.
    • Your guns may be taken away pending the outcome of the matter.
    • You could be indicted for an unjustified shooting, especially if drugs, alcohol or gross negligence were involved.
    • You may be sued by the perp or his family.
    • You WILL have large legal bills. Our attorney advises that legal bills will be in the "tens of thousands."
    • You’ll have to live with the moral and religious issues of taking a human life.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast