More likely to get hurt or killed while carrying a firearm? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More likely to get hurt or killed while carrying a firearm?

Seriously? Are you F'N kidding!
    .....T. Ray

3. I'd rather be injured/ killed in an attack if I at least have an option to prevent both by being armed!
    Dr. T

4. Would you rather beat the attacker off with superior skill or negotiating technique?
    Of course we all know the best way to avoid an attack is to be aware and avoid it altogether. But all of us aren't that smart. So again, what does one use for backup? Anything other than a gun right? I prefer a gun.
    Dr. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mustang View Post
    It is worse than that. As a medical professional I have to deal with colleagues whose only experience with firearms is the medical and public health literature the large body of which is very flawed. The entire public health approach to gun violence is fundamentally flawed as it tend to look at firearms (a tool) as a causative agent. This is often directly at odds with criminology literature which tends to look at the criminal as causative agent. Guns in the Medical Literature -- A Failure of Peer Review
    Here us a decent review which makes that point.
    Doc,
    Here is a quote from that research that speaks volumes.
    The authors failed to identify the inescapable truth. The roots of inner-city violence lie in the disruption of the family, the breakdown of society, desperate and demoralized poverty, promotion of violence by the media, [47] [48] the profit of the drug trade, the pathology of substance abuse, child abuse, disrespect for authority, and racism -- not in gun ownership.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Quote Originally Posted by dlh View Post
    I was informed today that those who carry are four times more likely to be hurt or killed than those who are not carrying. Does anyone know where this information came from? It was told to me by an anti gun person.
    Only his proctologist knows.

It's a LIE.

Anti-gunners generally have the same high regard for the truth as Holocaust deniers and 9/11 "truthers".

If you're going to talk to anti-gunners, get used to being lied to.

I think I will carry and take my chances!
    Basic Pistol Instructor
    Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

8. The premise is flawed in that it is impossible to know who is even carrying when considering concealed carry. In addition, as the biased media does not even report on successful avoidance in those instances where there is public knowledge, the math is not possible. Even carry supporters have no accurate figures on how many instances of violence or death were avoided by the presents of an armed defendant.

It appears that the only accurate conclusion that can be made concerning this "fact" is that anyone that promotes it has a serious cranial-rectal inversion.

Quote Originally Posted by dlh View Post
    I was informed today that those who carry are four times more likely to be hurt or killed than those who are not carrying. Does anyone know where this information came from? It was told to me by an anti gun person.

Both I and my wife carry.
    Thanks for any info on where this stat came from.
    Consider the source of these asinine comments.
    This is the same regurgitated rhetoric the Brady bunch spews out to keep people afraid to get a gun or carry.

When you hear crap like this, smile, tell the person to take a flying leap, and walk away.
    You cant argue with them because they are mindless automatons who have given up free will to become BradyDrones.

10. I think you might misunderstand the premise:

The Liberal Pacifist swine are trying to perpetuate their belief that if you are Robbed you should submit because you might anger the robber and he might harm you because you made him mad by pulling a pistol on him.

Whereas if you submit like a good unarmed liberal pacifist you'll be perfectly safe and he'll just rob you and not harm you. After all: it's not his fault. He's just a victim of an evil, corrupt society. He's just trying to make a living the only way he knows how.

They Really believe that crap.

I think it's liberal wishful thinking. If those who live by the sword die by the sword then I'll never buy I sword and I'll live forever. Never mind that most of those who live by the Sword Die of Old Age.

There is some truth: in that if you don't have a clue what you are doing you'll shoot yourself in the foot before anyone tries to rob you . (Plaxico Burris comes to mind)

The STATISTICAL truth is that if you are robbed and have a pistol you will be injured 17% of the time. If you are robbed and don't have a pistol you will be injured 35% of the time.

Therefore I believe that it is twice as dangerous to not carry a pistol.

Provided of course that you have the stomach for it; and know what you are doing and don't shoot yourself in the foot like Mr Burris.

I personally would rather die by the sword rather than cower in the fear in the corner. If that were the only two choices. But that's just me.

Everyone has to make his own choices.

11. The liberal swine also like to perpetuate the myth that gun owners are more likely to be shot by their own firearm than a firearm wielding criminal. So if you don't own a firearm you be safer.

But if you look at the actual statistics for people shot with their own firearms approximately 1/3 of them are cops. The obvious reason for this is that cops go out looking for trouble. It is their jay oh be. And many a criminal slime try to wrestle the pistol from the cop and some of them succeed.

So: If you are not a cop you're less likely to be shot with your own firearm.

Approximately 1/6 of people shot with their own firearms are Suicides.

So: If you are not a cop and you don't. Commit Suicide; you're less likely to be shot with your own firearm.

Approximately 1/6 of people shot with their own firearm are men who beat the crap out of their wives. Eventually the wives get tired of taking it and shoot them with their own firearm.

So: If you are not a cop and you don't. Commit Suicide; and you don't beat your wife; you're less likely to be shot with your own firearm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast