More likely to get hurt or killed while carrying a firearm?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More likely to get hurt or killed while carrying a firearm?

More likely to get hurt or killed while carrying a firearm?

I was informed today that those who carry are four times more likely to be hurt or killed than those who are not carrying. Does anyone know where this information came from? It was told to me by an anti gun person.

Both I and my wife carry.
    Thanks for any info on where this stat came from.

See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Remember...there are lies, damn lies and statistics....
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Its a stupid statistic. It is the same as you are more likely to get in a car accident opposed to someone that dosnt drive.

6. Injured in attack.

Injured in attack.

The last figures I saw are that if you are robbed and not carrying a Pistol you will be Injured 35% of the time.

If you are robbed and HAVE a Pistol the chances are Reduced to 17%. Half!

Of course there are Obvious Dangers to Carrying a pistol. To many for me to mention here. So: if you chose to carry you MUST KNOW what you are doing.

It is not a Video Game. There are no second chances.

7. LIES, LIES and more LIES!

Quote Originally Posted by dlh View Post
    I was informed today that those who carry are four times more likely to be hurt or killed than those who are not carrying. Does anyone know where this information came from? It was told to me by an anti gun person.

Both I and my wife carry.
    Thanks for any info on where this stat came from.
    It was told to you by anti-gun people, there is your answer. If you don't cross the street you are less likely to get run over.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

9. It is worse than that. As a medical professional I have to deal with colleagues whose only experience with firearms is the medical and public health literature the large body of which is very flawed. The entire public health approach to gun violence is fundamentally flawed as it tend to look at firearms (a tool) as a causative agent. This is often directly at odds with criminology literature which tends to look at the criminal as causative agent. Guns in the Medical Literature -- A Failure of Peer Review
    Here us a decent review which makes that point.

Completely made up, imaginary numbers!

-Doc

Lies and more lies

So did you see the actual numbers, did you talk to the actual people.

they are lies....But that is not my major concern, the concern is that you hesitated and that makes me think that you are not comfortable carrying your gun and responsability.

Remember the numbers do not lie, it is the people that do statistics that are the liars.

One thing is for sure. A weapon is not a warranty to save someones life. It is not a 100% protection. It is your mindset and will to win that carries you out of harms way.

I think that Col Cooper said it very well...
    Having a gun does not make you armed, as much as a guitar makes you a musician.

Carry with responsability and you will be ok, if you ever need to pull it out, make sure you make it count the first time.

and to close this...remember you can beat the rap, but you are still taking the ride downtown... sadly but true.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast