Mount Aloysius College CC Question

Thread: Mount Aloysius College CC Question

1. Mount Aloysius College CC Question

Mount Aloysius College's Safety and Security Policy states the following:

"The College complies with federal, state, and local laws, including those which regulate possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, firearms, weapons, etc. These items are prohibited at Mount Aloysius College. Additional information is available in the Student Handbook and the Personnel Manual for Employees."

There is no federal, state, or local law prohibiting Concealed Carry at colleges. However, they also have it listed saying these items are prohibited. Are firearms prohibited or do they comply with the law which allows it?

Quote Originally Posted by paccanonymous View Post
    Mount Aloysius College's Safety and Security Policy states the following:

"The College complies with federal, state, and local laws, including those which regulate possession, use and sale of alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, firearms, weapons, etc. These items are prohibited at Mount Aloysius College. Additional information is available in the Student Handbook and the Personnel Manual for Employees."

There is no federal, state, or local law prohibiting Concealed Carry at colleges. However, they also have it listed saying these items are prohibited. Are firearms prohibited or do they comply with the law which allows it?
    They are complying with state law which allows them to ban just about anything they want to on their property.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Damn, that's what I figured but was hoping otherwise.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Thats nothing new. There are, in some states or bigger cities, lots of businesses that can post a sign saying no firearms. The state I live in backs that up too.