Another reciprocity agreement question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another reciprocity agreement question

1. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    It only makes good common sense to me.
    "Good common sense" are some anti-Second Amendment words. Let me ask you: should everyone take a rhetoric class before they can exercise their First Amendment rights? What if state governments start requiring $1,000 non-refundable application fees and 18-week military-style training before you could carry your firearm? Is it still a "right" to keep and bear arms? It's only common sense, right?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    "Good common sense" are some anti-Second Amendment words.
    "Good common sense" = "reasonable regulation" = people can't defend themselves at Columbine because of reasonable regulation = Suzanna Hupp could defend no one at Luby's Cafeteria because of reasonable regulation = nobody at Ft. Hood could shoot back because of reasonable regulation. Reasonable regulation only regulates the ability away from law abiding citizens to defend themselves from those whom reasonable regulation does nothing to deter.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    "Good common sense" = "reasonable regulation" = people can't defend themselves at Columbine because of reasonable regulation = Suzanna Hupp could defend no one at Luby's Cafeteria because of reasonable regulation = nobody at Ft. Hood could shoot back because of reasonable regulation. Reasonable regulation only regulates the ability away from law abiding citizens to defend themselves from those whom reasonable regulation does nothing to deter.
    What is it with you people? can't anyone have an opinion different than you? Personally I am getting a little sick of NavyLt, Treo and a couple others who want our country returned to the olden days of open carry with not requirements other than you have to be a citizen... Their actions are in the direct line of being Trolls, and I'd like for it to stop right now, right here!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    What is it with you people? can't anyone have an opinion different than you?
    Seems to me like you are the one with the problem with people of different opinions. Instead of doing nothing but whining about us having a different opinion than yours, why don't you post some facts that refute what we say?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Unhappy

Good one NavyLT. Just like the part of California where I lived there was 'reasonable regulations' that made it almost impossible for the average Joe(Jane) Blow to get a concealed weapon permit. Those 'reasonable regulations' while limiting the honest citizen who wanted to defend himself did nothing to limit the "unreasonable criminal' who does not care about a little gun law. Im also sure that China, Nazi Germany, Russia and other politically similar governments considered their gun laws 'reasonable'.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Personally I am getting a little sick of NavyLt, Treo and a couple others who want our country returned to the olden days of open carry with not requirements other than you have to be a citizen...
    For the record, I don't believe that the right to self-protection via carrying a firearm should be limited to citizens, either. I believe anybody legally in this country should have their right to self-protection via carrying a firearm protected rather than restricted.

8. It's not trolling since we're making statements with purpose. Trolling would be saying ridiculous things or insulting others in order to stir up an argument. Trust me, I know. I've trolled many a board, even this one. In this case, I'm not trolling.

Too heavy for me,if I had known this was going to cause a pissing match,I wouldn't have bothered to post.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    First, there are 19 states which honor WA's CHL/P. Second, the BOLD above is likely why some of the other states don't honor WA's CHL/P - if there is no actual training requirement for said CHL/P, then some states which require the training don't honor those who don't. I'm not saying it's always the case, but that's what I've read elsewhere previously.
    I thought the question was about permits that Washington honored.

There you go again NavyLT using that darn logic. You are supposed to talk about how you "feel".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast