Pennsy open carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pennsy open carry

1. I'm impressed

I have continued to open carry despite my own encounter with a local police officer who attempted to bully me to comply with his desire to conceal my firearm by threatening to revoke my Concealed Pistol License, a power which he did not possess
    Good for you.... Have you ever heard of someone who got cuffed and stuffed?

3. Quote Originally Posted by milboltnut View Post
    Good for you.... Have you ever heard of someone who got cuffed and stuffed?
    Yes, our open carry meeting in the Bellingham, WA park I made mention of was in response to an illegal cuff and stuff. It was funny, there were a couple dozen of us having a picnic in the park, all open carrying right past the illegal "no firearms allowed" sign at the entrance. During the picnic we notice two police officers on foot circling us. They finally approached to engage us. All the cameras and recorders came out and started recording. It was then, that the two police officers facing off against 2 dozen armed citizens proceeded to inform one of our group that their dog was not allowed in the park after the set time (I think 10:00am), and that they would have to remove their dog from the park!

The officer I had my encounter with threatened me citation. I told him, "Good. Write me a citation so I can go back into the restaurant and eat my dinner. And if you aren't going to write me a citation, then let me have my ID and CPL back, so I can go back into the restaurant and eat my dinner." He knew he couldn't write me up for anything so he gave me my ID and CPL back, followed me back into the restaurant, and then strong-armed an 18 year old waitress to follow behind him while he kicked me out of the restaurant on the basis of "trespassing". When the restaurant owners got wind of what happened the next day, they called me, apologized profusely, explained that the officer acted on his own against their wishes and that I was welcome to come back with my guns, my friends and family and their guns. The following weekend our open carry group held a luncheon at the restaurant with 14 of us and our guns. I personally sent an email to the Chief of Police inviting him and his officers to join us for discussion, but also warned him that we were invited guests on private property and they had no authority to remove us from private property against the owner's wishes when no crime was being committed, and that such actions as what had happened previously would not be tolerated. The police never showed and I have not been hassled by any police officer in my small town since then. BTW, my encounter with the police was initiated by a MWAG call to 911 by one of the other patrons in the restaurant who saw my properly holstered pistol.

Bellingham, WA police pay $1,500 to open carrier

Bellingham, WA police pay $1,500 to open carrier

Many of you are aware of sudden valley gunner's illegal seizure, at gunpoint, by the Bellingham Police Department. Today I am pleased to announce that he settled his claim against the city. The city has paid $1500, and will be issuing an appropriate open carry training bulletin to its police officers. In exchange, no lawsuit will be filed.

It's not an enormous victory, but it's a victory nonetheless, and it accomplished what SVG set out to do. I am happy to have been of assistance.
    I am still trying to figure out why this thread is in the concealed carry section, though, and not in the open carry section.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. I apologize for that....

am still trying to figure out why this thread is in the concealed carry section, though, and not in the open carry section.

Sorry..... Wow..What ! a story!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123