Common Sense, reasonable regulation, etc... - Page 12
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Sense, reasonable regulation, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Come on really? No kindergarteners should not pack at school. Your civil rights should kick in the day you turn 18 all of them.

Before that you are mom and dad's responsibility and it's their call.
    Wow Treo, what a crazy, ever-changing interpretation of the Constitution you have! It's like Treo's "Constitution du Jour"!

There are no age restrictions in the Constitution concerning 2A or when somebody's rights are supposed to kick in. Oh wait.....you're one of those guys who got ahold of a copy of the Constitution with the special section written in invisible ink, right??

You say kids shouldn't pack at school and then you say it's the parent's discretion. Still can't get a straight answer to a direct question. So you are OK with a kid packing at school as long as their parents allow it. Like I said....brilliant.

You're an unwitting poster-boy for the Brady bunch.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Midnight, I undestand that if we give them an inch they'll take a mile. Absolutely. But does this mean we should hand over a gun to convicted/released murderers, child molesters, sex offenders, those who have commited robberies or acts of violence against others? Many states strip them of their right to vote, which is protected by the constitution but regulated by states rights provisions.
    If felons are so dangerous that they can't be trusted with guns, then why are they walking the streets in the first place? If they're so dangerous, keep them locked up. They can easily commit crimes with garden tools, ropes, kitchen knives, etc. The Gun Control Act of 1968 was one of the worst federal laws to ever be passed by the United States. It demonized guns and added the silly "sporting use" clause.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Wow Treo, what a crazy, ever-changing interpretation of the Constitution you have! It's like Treo's "Constitution du Jour"!

There are no age restrictions in the Constitution concerning 2A or when somebody's rights are supposed to kick in. Oh wait.....you're one of those guys who got ahold of a copy of the Constitution with the special section written in invisible ink, right??
    The Constitution also doesn't state that it applied to white, male, property owners only when written either. Before the age of 18 the parent is legally responsible for the kid w/ responsibility comes authority. You live in my house you follow my rules

You say kids shouldn't pack at school and then you say it's the parent's discretion. Still can't get a straight answer to a direct question. So you are OK with a kid packing at school as long as their parents allow it. Like I said....brilliant.
    I can see where some one who was looking for a reason could apply that logic. So, to clarify No, children (by definition those who have not yet reached the age of majority) should not be allowed to pack heat at school (And while were here none of the Constitutionalists here have ever argued other wise and you are more than to post a cite and prove me wrong) That is generally a Brady Campaign Straw man put forth by grabber trolls on (nominally) pro RKBA forums.

You're an unwitting poster-boy for the Brady bunch.
    And you OTOH are deliberately promoting their cause
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    If felons are so dangerous that they can't be trusted with guns, then why are they walking the streets in the first place? If they're so dangerous, keep them locked up. They can easily commit crimes with garden tools, ropes, kitchen knives, etc. The Gun Control Act of 1968 was one of the worst federal laws to ever be passed by the United States. It demonized guns and added the silly "sporting use" clause.
    The problem w/ felons w/ guns isnt the Constitution its the current judicial system. When the Constitution was written the types of felons were talking about were never paroled from prison they either spent the rest of their life behind bars are they were hanged in the town square, thus, doing away w/ the necessity of writing laws prohibiting felons from owning firearms.

None of the four states that have permitless carry have changed their laws regarding using a firearm in the commission of a crime. Its still illegal in all four states to be a prohibited person in possession of a firearm
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

[QUOTE=Treo;189528]The Constitution also doesn't state that it applied to white, male, property owners only when written either. Before the age of 18 the parent is legally responsible for the kid w/ responsibility comes authority. You live in my house you follow my rules

So the 2nd amendment, when written, only applied to white, male property owners. When did it change to allow blacks to own guns?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    So the 2nd amendment, when written, only applied to white, male property owners. When did it change to allow blacks to own guns?
    Do you want my opinion, or the actual history ?

When the Constitution was written blacks were considered property not people and were not allowed to own guns. That's history whether you like it or not.

IMO self defense is a basic human right and unless you have proven yourself unfit to own firearms you should be allowed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Don't you get it? You are but a lowly ilk, it's up to the more "progressive" members of society to decide what's best for us

Oh, come on following the troll poop is much more fun
    It is a futile endeavor, like mud-wrestling with a pig it is a waste of time because you cannot win and the pig enjoys it. ...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I still would like to see facts that prove the public is any less safe in all of the states that require no permit to carry a gun, or require no training in order to obtain the permit.
    I believe I said exactly the same thing in another thread. NO response. No response AT ALL.

99% of demands for gun control arise from "feelings" and a compulsion to have power over others.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I believe I said exactly the same thing in another thread. NO response. No response AT ALL.

99% of demands for gun control arise from "feelings" and a compulsion to have power over others.
    I responded to LT on that very subject. Of the 18 states that he and Treo listed as requiring no training, 15 of the had a worse than average rate of firearm deaths. That's 80%. Those were based on the stats that LT himself posted, apparently without looking at them very closely. And before you go on some "stats are meaningless"-type rant, remember that he posted them in an effort to prove his point that training doesn't matter.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

I responded to LT on that very subject. Of the 18 states that he and Treo listed as requiring no training, 15 of the had a worse than average rate of firearm deaths.
    What exactly does that MEAN?

Does it mean that there are more accidental firearm deaths?
    Does it mean that there are more MURDERS with firearms?

Call me eccentric, but I don't think that too many drug dealers or liquor store holdup men get training... even the ones NOT already barred from owning firearms, in states where it's required.

When talking to gun control advocates, you can't take ANYTHING at face value.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast