Common Sense, reasonable regulation, etc... - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Sense, reasonable regulation, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    We would need to redefine what it means to be a felon if we were to keep all felons in jail for the rest of their lives. Not that long ago, it was a felony to possess over a certain amount of marijuana. Would you have someone imprisoned for life for that crime? SCOTUS has already ruled that to be cruel and unusual punishment.

Then we have to consider the cost of incarcerating all these felons for life. where will we house them? How will we pay to feed them
    ? Do you recommend that we execute them all and be done with it? I support the death penalty for some crimes, but not felony tax evasion, et al.

I don't believe that felons should be allowed to possess firearms I feel that they gave up that right when they committed their felony. If this country would enforce the laws already on the books, we would have a lot less repeat crime.

That's just the problem! There was a time in this country when people were afraid to go to jail/prison because the word "Doing HARD TIME" meant something. Now it's a stay in hotel taxpayer! Some of those scum bags live better then you and I. Free health,dental,Free cable tv, Free A/C, Free hot meals three times a day.

Time has come to bring back the chain gangs and work houses! Take away the TV and the A/C, serve them bagged lunches and remove the HOT food from the system. House them in tent's in the warm states, when released hand them the bill for their stay and have it automatically removed from their paychecks.

Do you not see something wrong with a system that has people not wanting to leave? Or doing whatever they can to get sent back?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    We would need to redefine what it means to be a felon if we were to keep all felons in jail for the rest of their lives.
    I think we need to redefine what it means to be a felon if we are going to automatically strip the right to keep and bear arms from them for life.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I think we need to redefine what it means to be a felon if we are going to automatically strip the right to keep and bear arms from them for life.
    Isn't that exactly what the gun grabbers have been doing ever since felons became prohibited persons?

Redefining and expanding the definition of a "Felon"?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

5. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Isn't that exactly what the gun grabbers have been doing ever since felons became prohibited persons?

Redefining and expanding the definition of a "Felon"?
    True.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Ask LT. He posted the stats in an effort to show that training doesn't matter. Apparently they were relevant to him.

When talking to any fanatic you can't take anything at face value.
    The top three of fanatics:
    1. Islamists
    2. 9/11 "Truthers"
    3. Anti-gunners

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    The top three of fanatics:
    1. Islamists
    2. 9/11 "Truthers"
    3. Anti-gunners
    You fergot them Cornsucker fans
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

8. And here I thought he was talking about them dang libertarians and tea baggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    If felons are so dangerous that they can't be trusted with guns, then why are they walking the streets in the first place? If they're so dangerous, keep them locked up. They can easily commit crimes with garden tools, ropes, kitchen knives, etc. The Gun Control Act of 1968 was one of the worst federal laws to ever be passed by the United States. It demonized guns and added the silly "sporting use" clause.
    Midnight, I have to agree with you on this. We're not helping ourselves. We need criminal control, not gun control. But somehow these perps get released only to re-offend.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

[quote=buddy;189542]
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The Constitution also doesn't state that it applied to white, male, property owners only when written either. Before the age of 18 the parent is legally responsible for the kid w/ responsibility comes authority. You live in my house you follow my rules

So the 2nd amendment, when written, only applied to white, male property owners. When did it change to allow blacks to own guns?
    I think it was the Dred Scott case. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as my college American History class was 30 years ago.

The United States Supreme Court heard the appeal of Dred Scott v. Sandford. On March 6, 1857, Chief Justice Roger B. Taney delivered the majority opinion. Judge Taney ruled that any person descended from Africans, whether slave or free, is not a citizen of the United States, according to the Constitution. Had they been considered citizens they would have been entitled to the protections of the bill of rights, including the second amendment. This would have allowed a negro to bear arms, free to travel where he chose without molestation.

Dred Scott, his wife and daughters were formally freed by Henry Taylor Blow on May 26, 1857, less than three months after the Supreme Court decision. The ruling of the court helped catalyze sentiment for Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation and the three constitutional amendments ratified shortly after the Civil War: the Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth amendments, abolishing slavery, granting former slaves citizenship, and conferring citizenship to anyone born in the United States.

Once granted citizenship they were allowed to vote and their right to bear arms was protected by the second amendment.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That's just the problem! There was a time in this country when people were afraid to go to jail/prison because the word "Doing HARD TIME" meant something. Now it's a stay in hotel taxpayer! Some of those scum bags live better then you and I. Free health,dental,Free cable tv, Free A/C, Free hot meals three times a day.

Time has come to bring back the chain gangs and work houses! Take away the TV and the A/C, serve them bagged lunches and remove the HOT food from the system. House them in tent's in the warm states, when released hand them the bill for their stay and have it automatically removed from their paychecks.

Do you not see something wrong with a system that has people not wanting to leave? Or doing whatever they can to get sent back?
    OK, prepare yourself. I agree with you! I have a friend who was a felon. She said that they all considered prison to be "3 hots and a cot". It really wasn't a big deal to a criminal. Hell, they could get ANYTHING they wanted inside...drugs, alcohol, etc. Luckily for her, she has turned her life around (with my help). She is clean and sober, and has become an honest person. She is a good mother to her children and is doing her best to raise them properly. However, she has become very intolerant of any criminal behavior. She agrees with me that the court system is too lenient and that there are too many laws on the books that aren't being enforced properly.

Have any of you ever read "Crime and Punishment in America"? Great book on the subject!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast